Shanghai to Lijiang: 5 Days Lijiang & Tiger Leaping Gorge Tour (Round Trip)
Duration: 5 Days
Tour Type: Private tour
- Explore Yunnan's most popular attractions: Jade Dragon Snow Mountain, Lijiang Old City and Square Street and the magnificent of Tiger Leaping Gorge at the first bend of the Yangtze River to feel the special ethnic cultural flavor of Yunnan.
- +86 29
- Ask a Question
- Choose Departure Date
- Price Calendar
- Choose Number of Travelers & Rooms
- Number of Rooms:
- Adult (with Bed)
- Child (with Bed)
- Child (without Bed)
Go to the airport in Shanghai by yourself and take the flight to Lijiang (air ticket included), our guide picks you up at the airport in Lijiang.
Then go to visit Square Street at the core of Lijiang Old Town. Lijiang Old Town is the only historical culture ancient town of China without walls. With a height of over 2,400 meters, it is a famous ancient town with beautiful natural sceneries, long history, splendid cultures as well as a rare well-preserved ethnic minority one. While Square Street is the central square and most bustling place of this old town.
Morning after breakfast, drive to the Stone Drum Town (a town located in west of Lijiang Old Town) to overlook the First Bend of the Yangtze. The Yangtze River is dashing down from the Roof of the World, Qinghai-Tibet Plateau, then running into Yunnan Province and forms a splendid sight of three paralleling river, but here it has an extraordinary turn, which creates beautiful and marvelous views.
Then head for Tiger Leaping Gorge (Hutiao Gorge), a 16-kilometer-long gorge with largest difference of level in the world. In its left bank, it is Haba Snow Mountains (5,396 meters high) while the 5,596-meter Jade Dragon Snow Mountain in its right bank, which forms a height difference of 3,790 meters from the bottom of valley to the mountain top. You can appreciate Ancient Naxi Music (with ‘three treasures’-ancient music, ancient musical instruments and elder artists) at your own expense, in the evening.
Today you visit Jade Dragon Snow Mountain, a snow mountain group nearest to equator and the southmost one of China. Looking out, it is so much like a silvery white huge dragon flying among the clouds, hence the name. As the holy mountain of Naxi group, it boasts 13 peaks in total, while its main peak is 5,596 meters high. You can reach the Yak Meadow by cable car (round trip cable car included) and enjoy an amazing view. We can visit the Dongba Valley of Minorities (a traditional land for Naxi People) in Jade Dragon Snow Mountain Valley and Yufeng Lamasery (a lama temple featured for the oldest camellia) on the slopes of Jade Dragon Snow Mountain.
Later, Move on to the peaceful Shuhe Naxi Village, 4,000-meter northwest of the Lijiang Old Town. It is the home of Naxi people living in their traditional way as well as a well-preserved important place along the Ancient Tea Horse Road.
At last, visit Dongba Museum, a comprehensive national museum of folk customs featuring for Dongba cultures, including history, nature and art etc. It is an antique courtyard house with Naxi architectural styles.
No activity is arranged today. You can explore the Lijiang Old Town by yourself today. You many stroll around to buy some exotic souvenirs, taste local food or stay in a bar at night to feel the local cozy and lazy life.
After breakfast, transfer you to the airport in Lijiang and take the flight to Shanghai (air ticket included).
• The single supplement is not included in the quoted price except single traveler's price.
• The quoted price contains Standard Tour Class lodging, and we offer hotel upgrade service. You can choose to upgrade hotel when booking, the price will change accordingly.
• Not all hotels can provide Standard Triple Room if you want three travelers in one room, they may arrange extra bed service. The additional fee for an extra bed is Single Supplement, and it is included in the final price.
• We choose only centrally located hotels with western standard service and breakfast. However, we can also arrange good location and clean local hotels with lower prices. Please inquiry for details.
• The breakfast is subject to hotels' arrangements, they may offer western food or Western & Chinese Buffet in the morning.
• Child's breakfast is included only when he/she occupy a bed. Otherwise the hotel may charge an extra fee for the breakfast.
Lunch and Dinner (Optional)
• The original price excludes lunch and dinner unless particular illustration. Usually, dinner and lunch are optional Chinese food with local flavor, and the meal price is charged based on the group size.
• If you have some preferences on meals such as vegetarian meal and diabetic meal, please make us know in Special Requirements.
• Please also fill the Special Requirements if you want other choices such as Hindu meal, Halal food or Western food, etc. You are suggested to uncheck lunch and dinner when booking. We will try to arrange it and your meal price is charged by the local restaurant.
• Our guide will lead you to your favorite restaurants when you don't select meals, the meal fee is at your own. Besides, your group should pay an extra 100RMB per day in cash to the driver and guide.
• We offer free airport/railway station transfer service as specified in the itinerary.
• Usually, local guide will drop you off at security checkpoint of airport or railway station. And the transfer guide may be not the same of that on the tour.
• This itinerary contains 2-3 shopping stops on the way, selling featured local specialties or souvenirs. Usually, you will spend 30-40 minutes in each store, and shopping or not is of your free will.
• We promise to offer flights operated by major airlines such as Air China, China Southern Airlines, China Eastern Airlines and Hainan Airline, etc. or local big airlines such as Shenzhen Airlines, Xiamen Airlines, Sichuan Airlines, Shanghai Airlines and Shandong Airlines and so forth. And the aircraft type is Airbus A3XX Series or Boeing 7-Series. Any change due to objective cause, we will ask your permission in advance.
• Pick-up and drop-off service at airport/railway station in Lijiang.
• Private English-speaking tour guide, driver and car service as indicated in the itinerary.
• The admission tickets for scenic spots listed in the itinerary.
• Service charge and government taxes.
• The air ticket of economic class, taxes and dues for round trip flights from Shanghai to Lijiang.
• Four-night hotel accommodation in twin shared room with daily breakfast.
• International flight tickets or train tickets.
• Hotel single room supplement.
• Personal expenses such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone call, optional activities, etc.
• Tips to local tour guide and driver.
• Estimated group surcharges for excess baggage.
• Fees for entry visa to China.
• Cable car, sightseeing bus and cruise unless explained specially.
• Meals (L & D).
Cancellation and refund policy for Tours reservation
If you want to cancel your booking or part of it, you must advise us in advance. The letter must be signed by the lead name on the booking and once we receive it you should expect to receive a cancellation letter within 24 hours. If you do not then please contact us to ensure your letter has been received.
To cover the cost of processing your cancellation and to compensate us for the risk that we may not be able to resell your travel arrangements, we make a cancellation charge on the scale shown below. The person who made the booking is responsible for paying this charge. The size of the charge depends on when we receive your cancellation notice or letter or how you would like us to deal with your payment providing that we have received your full payment for the tours.
No Cancellation Fees if written cancellation notice is received more than 30 days prior to tour departure!
Cancellation in advance & Cancellation penalty
More than 30 days, no Cancellation Fee
30-10 days, 50% of the full payment
9-0 days or no show, 100% of the full payment
- Tours of Nearby Areas
- Tours with Similar Price
- You May Also Like
- Top Sales China Tours
- Package Tours with Shanghai