7 Days Lhasa, Tsetang, Gyangtze, Shigatse Tour
Duration: 7 Days
Tour Type: Private tour
- Besides the main scenic spots of Lhasa, it is another central place of Tibetan Buddhist culture: Yumbulagang Palace - the Earliest Tibet's architecture, Samye Temple - Tibet's first palace, Trandruk Temple, Gyangtse, the third holy lake - Lake Yamdrok, Palkor Temple.
- +86 29
- Ask a Question
- Choose Departure Date
- Price Calendar
- Choose Number of Travelers & Rooms
- Number of Rooms:
- Adult (with Bed)
- Child (with Bed)
- Child (without Bed)
- Choose Hotels
- Upgrade the Hotel-0:
- Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, Day 6, All 4 Nights in Lhasa
- Day 4, All 1 Night in Tsetang
- Day 5, All 1 Night in Shigatse
Visit Palgor Chorten, Palkhor Monastery. Transfer to Shigatse in the afternoon.
The Tibetan guide will greet your at the airport or railway station by presenting a hada, the typical greeting gift to express best wishes. On the way to Lhasa City, you will see a Buddha image engraved on the mountain. After checking the hotel, you'd better have a good rest to acclimatize the plateau climate.
The guide will meet you at the hotel, and start today's tour. Potala Palace is today's highlights, with a majestic appearance and devotional atmosphere. As the symbol of Tibet, Potala Palace is the former residential place to Dalai Lama. You will be surprised at the unique architectural styles and numerous treasures.
In the afternoon, you will go to Jokhang Temple, the holiest destination for all Tibetan Buddhist pilgrims. As the first temple in Tibet, it holds the highest position in Tibetan Buddhism. In the temple, you can see the devout pilgrims fulfilling their pilgrimage.
In the evening, you can stroll through Barkhor Street, the road surrounding Jokhang Temple. You can enjoy shopping Tibetan specialties and see local unique residence and Tibetan people's life style.
Firstly, you will visit Drepung Temple, the largest temple in Tibet. It holds the highest position among Gelug temples. As the main site of Shoton Festival, the Buddha Unfolding Ceremony in Deprung Monastery is worth visiting.
Then drive to Norbulingka Park, the largest man-made park in Tibet. Norbulingka Park to Lhasa is the Summer Palace to Beijing. Built in 18th century, it is the residential palace for Dalai Lama during summer. You can enjoy the special Tibetan architectures and gorgeous murals.
In the afternoon, you will be transferred to Sera Temple. As one of the top three temples in Tibet, Sera Monastery has the only celestial burial site in Lhasa city. In the afternoon between 3pm to 5pm, you can see the famous monks debating in the courtyard.
During the remaining time, you can pay a visit to the carpet factory to enjoy the beautiful Tibetan carpet. It is bright, soft, durable and fastness, with exquisite workmanship and strong Tibetan culture.
In the morning, drive to Tsetang and visit Yumbulagang Palace. Yumbulagang Palace is the first palace and one of the earliest buildings in Tibet. If you are a Tibetan history lover, the Yumbulagang Palace should not be missed.
Then you are arranged to Trandruk Temple, one of the oldest temple in Tibet. With a history of 1,300 years, it was built to commemorate Songtsen Gampo's great deeds because he founded the Tibet Regime in ancient China. In the temple, you see its top-one treasure - Pearl Thangka.
The last attraction in the day is Temple, reputed as the "first monastery in Tibet". With a history of more than1,000 years, it is the first temple combining Buddha, Dharma and Sangha. If you are interested in Tibetan history, go to Samye Temple to enjoy the heritages of different periods, including sculptures, murals and buildings.
In the morning, drive towards Lake Yamdrok, one of the three holy lakes in Tibet. In many Tibetan people's eyes, Lake Yamdrok is the goddess's turquoise eardrop falling on earth. It is consider the most beautiful lake in the world. You can go to the lake, slow down and listen to the sound of peace.
After a stop at Lake Yamdrok, you will go west to Gyangtze to the next two destinations: Palgor Chorten and Palkhor Monasery. Palgor Chorten, also called Pala Manor, is the main manor of the noble Pala family in Tibet. As one of the only well-preserved three barons'manors in the old Tibet, Palgor Chorten shows the real life of Tibetan nobles and their serfs. Pelkhor Monastery is a wealth of Buddhist art and has the combination of three Tibetan Buddhist sects.
Then you can move west to Shigatse, the second largest city in Tibet and the traditional seat of the Panchen Lama.
Today you are going to explore Tashilhunpo Temple, one of the top six Gelugpa monasteries. It is the official seat of Panchen Lama since the fourth Panchen Lama took charge of the temple. Apart from the Tibetan Buddhist culture and unique buildings, you can also see the world's largest gilded stone Buddha statue.
After that transfer to New Palace of Panchen, a summer palace built by the tenth Panchen Lama in 1954. You can see many Tibetan historical relics and art works in the palace.
In the afternoon, drive back to Lhasa and enjoy the beautiful sceneries along the way.
The guide will see you off at the airport or train station. End of your tour in Tibet.
• The single supplement is not included in the quoted price except single traveler's price.
• Your earlier arrival to Lhasa and later departure from Lhasa can be adjusted on line; but the extra charge is not included in the original charge.
• The quoted price contains Standard Tour Class lodging, and we offer hotel upgrade service. You can choose to upgrade hotel when booking, the price will change accordingly.
• Not all hotels can provide Standard Triple Room if you want three travelers in single room, they may arrange extra bed service. The additional fee for an extra bed is Single Supplement, and it is included in the final price.
• We choose only centrally located hotels with western standard service and breakfast. However, we can also arrange good location and clean local hotels with lower prices. Please inquiry for details.
• The breakfast is subject to hotels' arrangements, they may offer western food or Western & Chinese Buffet in the morning.
• Child's breakfast is included only when he/she occupy a bed. Otherwise the hotel may charge an extra fee for the breakfast.
Lunch and Dinner (Optional)
• The original price excludes lunch and dinner unless particular illustration. Usually, dinner and lunch are optional Chinese food with local flavor, and the meal price is charged based on the group size.
• If you have some preferences on meals such as vegetarian meal and diabetic meal, please make us know in Special Requirements.
• Please also fill the Special Requirements if you want other choices such as Hindu meal, Halal food or Western food, etc. You are suggested to uncheck lunch and dinner when booking. We will try to arrange it and your meal price is charged by the local restaurant.
• Our guide will lead you to your favorite restaurants when you don't select meals, the meal fee is at your own. Besides, your group should pay an extra 100RMB per day in cash to the driver and guide.
• We offer free airport/railway station transfer service as specified in the itinerary. As for earlier arrival or later departure, you will be charged a bit of service fee and guide service is not provided. Please provide train/flight number, arrival time and contact information in Special Requirements.
• Usually, local guide will drop you off at security checkpoint of airport or railway station. And the transfer guide may be not the same of that on the tour.
• We do not arrange any shopping stop in this itinerary unless you have special requirements.
• Pick-up and drop-off service at airport/railway station in Lhasa.
• Private English-speaking tour guide, driver and car service as indicated in the itinerary.
• The admission tickets for scenic spots listed in the itinerary.
• Service charge and government taxes.
• Six-night hotel accommodation in twin shared room with daily breakfast.
• All necessary Tibet permits based on listed itinerary. (TTB + PSB)
Cancellation and refund policy for Tours reservation
If you want to cancel your booking or part of it, you must advise us in advance. The letter must be signed by the lead name on the booking and once we receive it you should expect to receive a cancellation letter within 24 hours. If you do not then please contact us to ensure your letter has been received.
To cover the cost of processing your cancellation and to compensate us for the risk that we may not be able to resell your travel arrangements, we make a cancellation charge on the scale shown below. The person who made the booking is responsible for paying this charge. The size of the charge depends on when we receive your cancellation notice or letter or how you would like us to deal with your payment providing that we have received your full payment for the tours.
No Cancellation Fees if written cancellation notice is received more than 30 days prior to tour departure!
Cancellation in advance & Cancellation penalty
More than 30 days, no Cancellation
Fee 30-10 days, 50% of the full payment
9-0 days or no show, 100% of the full payment
- Tours of Nearby Areas
- Tours with Similar Price
- You May Also Like
- Top Sales China Tours
- Package Tours with Lhasa