6 Days Kunming, Lijiang Tour with Tiger Leaping Gorge
Duration: 6 Days
Tour Type: Private tour
- Enjoy this leisure tour in Kunming, Lijiang city and Tiger Leaping Gorge. Besides visiting highlights of the two cities, you also have a chance to see one of the deepest valleys in the world - Tiger Leaping Gorge.
- Choose Departure Date
- Price Calendar
- Choose Number of Travelers & Rooms
- Number of Rooms:
- Adult (with Bed)
- Child (with Bed)
- Child (without Bed)
- Choose Hotels
- Upgrade the Hotel-0:
- Day 1, Day 2, All 2 Nights in Kunming
- Day 3, Day 4, Day 5, All 3 Nights in Lijiang
Arrive in Kunming. Pick up at Airport/Hotel/Railway Station in Kunming. Visit Grand View Tower.
This tour starts around 2:00pm. So make sure you arrive in Kunming before 2:00pm.
Upon arrival, the guide picks you up at the Airport/Hotel/Railway Station in Kunming.
Then move to Grand View Tower (Daguanlou), a well-preserved wooden pagoda built in Qing Dynasty (1644-1911). Located within Grand View Park, southwest of Kunming city centre, it is 18 meters high attached with the No.1 long couplet in China, totally 180 Chinese characters.
Today you have a chance to explore the Stone Forest, one of the top eight great wonders in the world. Located 78 kilometers southeast of Kunming, it is the largest sword-shape karst landform wonder worldwide. With centralized karst landforms, you will see ‘forest of stones’, fantasy karst caves, beautiful plateau freshwater lake and rapid rushing spectacular waterfall views etc.
Then stroll around Flower and Bird Market, a good place gathering deal and sightseeing, selling kinds of flowers, birds, fishes, artwares, antiques, jewelries and coins etc.
Later visit Golden Horse and Phoenix Archway, the symbolic building of Kunming. With a history of 400 years, it is 12 meters high and 18 meters wide with folklore characteristics of Kunming- carved beams and painted rafters which are exquisite beyond compare.
Today you fly to Lijiang (air ticket included). Upon arrival, drive to Yuquan Park, features for "Four Beauties"- temple of Han (202BC-220), plum blossom of Tang (618-907), cypress of Song (960-1276) and tomb of Ming (1368-1644). But it is mostly famous for the Black Dragon Pool lies within it. Besides, it is also the seat of Lijiang Dongba Culture Research Institution.
Then move to Dongba Museum, also within the park, to taste the profound Naxi culture as well as a good destination to learn about the national cultures of Lijiang.
After that, provide you an opportunity to look at the Process of Dongba Paper, an ancient paper making technology unique to Naxi Ethnic Group only.
Lastly, scroll around the Lijiang Old Town, a rare well-preserved ethnic minority ancient town of China, with natural beauties, long history and splendid cultures. With an elevation of over 2,400 meters, it was firstly built in Song Dynasty (960-1276).
Today you continue the sightseeing of Lijiang Old Town, a national historical culture famous city in China, which concentrated shows the essence of Naxi culture and also completely preserved the historical scenes since Song and Yuan Dynasties.
Visit Jade Dragon Snow Mountain, the holy mountain of Naxi people as well as one of their localities. With dancing mists and clouds in the mountainside, it looks so much like a white huge dragon at the distance, hence the name. Reach the Yak Meadow by cable car and enjoy an amazing view. And visit the Dongba Valley of Minorities in Jade Dragon Snow Mountain Valley and Yufeng Lamasery on the slopes of Jade Dragon Snow Mountain.
At last, enjoy Mural in Baisha Village. Baisha Village is an old and beautiful small village located in north of Lijiang. It is the earliest political centre of Naxi ethnic minority. The murals here are one kind of manifestation pattern of Lijiang Dongba culture as well as one important constituent part of Lijiang World Culture Heritage.
Morning after breakfast, head for Tiger Leaping Gorge (Hutiao Gorge), a gorge with the largest drop height in the world. Haba Snow Mountains is on its left bank while the Jade Dragon Snow Mountain on right. Rocks here are made up of schists and marbles, with natural drop height of over 200 meters and a width of only 60 to 80 meters and the narrowest part is just 30 meters.
On the way to Tiger Leaping Gorge (Hutiao Gorge), you can overlook the First Bend of the Yangtze. The splendid scene of three parallel rivers (Yangtze River, Lancang River and Nu River) takes a sharp turn here and creates beautiful and marvelous views.
End of service.
• The single supplement is not included in the quoted price except single traveler's price.
• Your earlier arrival to and later departure from Kunming can be adjusted on line; but the extra charge is not included in the original charge.
• The quoted price contains Standard Tour Class lodging, and we offer hotel upgrade service. You can choose to upgrade hotel when booking, the price will change accordingly.
• Not all hotels can provide Standard Triple Room if you want three travelers in single room, they may arrange extra bed service. The additional fee for an extra bed is Single Supplement, and it is included in the final price.
• We choose only centrally located hotels with western standard service and breakfast. However, we can also arrange good location and clean local hotels with lower prices. Please inquiry for details.
• The breakfast is subject to hotels' arrangements, they may offer western food or Western & Chinese Buffet in the morning.
• Child's breakfast is included only when he/she occupy a bed. Otherwise the hotel may charge an extra fee for the breakfast.
Lunch and Dinner (Optional)
• The original price excludes lunch and dinner unless particular illustration. Usually, dinner and lunch are optional Chinese food with local flavor, and the meal price is charged based on the group size.
• If you have some preferences on meals such as vegetarian meal and diabetic meal, please make us know in Special Requirements.
• Please also fill the Special Requirements if you want other choices such as Hindu meal, Halal food or Western food, etc. You are suggested to uncheck lunch and dinner when booking. We will try to arrange it and your meal price is charged by the local restaurant.
• Our guide will lead you to your favorite restaurants when you don't select meals, the meal fee is at your own. Besides, your group should pay an extra 100RMB per day in cash to the driver and guide.
• We offer free airport/railway station transfer service as specified in the itinerary. As for earlier arrival or later departure, you will be charged a bit of service fee and guide service is not provided. Please provide train/flight number, arrival time and contact information in Special Requirements.
• Usually, local guide will drop you off at security checkpoint of airport or railway station. And the transfer guide may be not the same of that on the tour.
• We promise to offer flights operated by major airlines such as Air China, China Southern Airlines, China Eastern Airlines and Hainan Airline, etc. or local big airlines such as Shenzhen Airlines, Xiamen Airlines, Sichuan Airlines, Shanghai Airlines and Shandong Airlines and so forth. And the aircraft type is Airbus A3XX Series or Boeing 7-Series. Any change due to objective cause, we will ask your permission in advance.
• Children, between 2 to 12 years old and under 1.3 meters (4.3 feet), can get discount.
• Airport and hotel pick-up and drop-off service in mentioned cities.
• Breakfast listed in the itinerary.
• Local English-speaking tour guide, private coach and driver service listed in the itinerary.
• The admission tickets for scenic spots listed in the itinerary.
• Service charge and government taxes.
• Hotel accommodation listed in the itinerary.
• Round-way air ticket Lijaing/Kunming.
Cancellation and refund policy for Tours reservation
If you want to cancel your booking or part of it, you must advise us in advance. The letter must be signed by the lead name on the booking and once we receive it you should expect to receive a cancellation letter within 24 hours. If you do not then please contact us to ensure your letter has been received.
To cover the cost of processing your cancellation and to compensate us for the risk that we may not be able to resell your travel arrangements, we make a cancellation charge on the scale shown below. The person who made the booking is responsible for paying this charge. The size of the charge depends on when we receive your cancellation notice or letter or how you would like us to deal with your payment providing that we have received your full payment for the tours.
No Cancellation Fees if written cancellation notice is received more than 30 days prior to tour departure!
Cancellation in advance & Cancellation penalty
More than 30 days, no Cancellation Fee
30-10 days, 50% of the full payment
9-0 days or no show, 100% of the full payment
- Tours of Nearby Areas
- Tours with Similar Price
- You May Also Like
- Top Sales China Tours
- Package Tours with Lijiang