7 Days Kunming, Dali, Lijiang Classic Tour with Tiger Leaping Gorge
Duration: 7 Days
Tour Type: Private tour
- Get to know Yunnan and see magnificent Tiger Leaping Gorge. You have a chance to see the best-represented highlights of Kunming, Dali, Lijiang cities. For example, strange masterpieces of natural Stone Forest and splendid Mt. Cangshan and Jade Dragon Snow Mountain.
- +86 29
- Ask a Question
- Choose Departure Date
- Price Calendar
- Choose Number of Travelers & Rooms
- Number of Rooms:
- Adult (with Bed)
- Child (with Bed)
- Child (without Bed)
- Choose Hotels
- Upgrade the Hotel-0:
- Day 1, Day 2, All 2 Nights in Kunming
- Day 3, All 1 Night in Dali
- Day 4, Day 5, Day 6, All 3 Nights in Lijiang
Arrive in Kunming. Pick up at Airport/Hotel/Railway Station in Kunming. Visit Grand View Tower.
This tour starts around 2:00pm. So make sure you arrive in Kunming before 2:00pm.
On arrival, the local guide will meet you at Kunming Airport/Hotel/Railway Station.
And then drive to Grand View Tower (Daguanlou), an ancient wooden-structure tower built in 1696. The park where the tower located gathers garden architectures in Ming (1368-1644) and Qing dynasties (1644-1912), which is a vivid Kunming garden development history for more than 300 years.
Back to your hotel in Kunming.
In the morning, visit Stone Forest, the most wonderful Karst landform in the world. After evolvement for 300 million years, finally it forms such a precious geological site we see now. It is worthy of the name “Stone Forest”. Passing through it, you can see rocks in different shapes with various impressions. Of which, there is a “Bell Rock” that can play various tones. The whole Stone Forest is a huge treasure house of natural rock scenery.
Then ramble around Flower and Bird Market. Walking on the market, you can see shops to sell flower, birds, fish, insect, antique, jewelry, handcrafts and so on. Here is a place you can find the most Kunming locals. To buy a bunch of flowers will make you a happy day.
Later visit Golden Horse and Phoenix Archway, the landmark building in Kunming. The archway has carved beams and painted rafter. What the most marvelous view is that when afterglow of the sun shines the archway and its shadow inflects in the east street; meanwhile, the moon rises from the east, the slivery radiance sprinkles on it, and the shadow reflects in the west street. The two shadows moves gradually to overlap. What a pity that it is said this magical wonder appears once every 60 years.
At last, visit Green Lake Park, one of the most beautiful parks in Kunming. Here is the good place to feel true folk life of Kuming people.
In the morning, arrive in Dali and transfer to your hotel in Dali for a short break.
After lunch, you can explore Mt. Cangshan by cable car (round trip cable car included). It winds for 50 kilometers and consists of 19 peaks, which is like a green screen standing in the west of famous Erhai Lake. Snow and cloud sceneries are best in Mt. Cangshan.
Then go to experience the traditional technique to make Tie Dying Cloth with Wax in a local handcraft factory.
See local houses in Xizhou Ancient Town. Here you will see wide stretches of folk house buildings of Bai People since Ming Dynasty (built from 1368 to now). Looking at them from afar, it is like an elegant city or a huge folk house museum. You have an opportunity to taste San Dao Cha (way of tea drinking that Bai People to treat distinguished guests), while enjoy Bai's song and dance Performances.
Then wander to the Dali Ancient City. With a history of 1,200 years, it still keeps the architecture style of Ming and Qing dynasties. There is a southeastern-directed street called “Foreign Street”, it gathers western restaurants, coffee bars, tea house and handcraft shops, and their shop signs are highlighted in English and Chinese, which attracts a lot of foreigners to stay.
Overnight in Dali.
Leave Dali to Lijiang. Then move to Yuquan Park. Here you can see the inverted image of Jade Dragon Snow Mountain in the Black Dragon Pool, the most famous scenery in the park. Besides, you also can see ancient architectures in typical Naxi architecture style (Naxi, the dominant nationality in Lijiang).
And next go to the Square Street and wander around the Lijiang Old Town. Lijiang Old Town is an ancient town with a history of nearly thousand years, smooth bluestone street, Naxi-flavor architecture and water flowing under the little stone bridge, they seems like telling you the history of this ancient town. Square Street is the representative of Lijiang Old Town, which is not only the core of Lijiang, but the business center of northwestern Yunnan. It is a trapezoid square with four main streets extending outward, and it has the nice street view. At nightfall, you can enjoy in bars near Square Street to experience romantic Lijiang.
Head to Jade Dragon Snow Mountain. Looking at it in a far distance, the snow-covered mountain stretches out 35 kilometers like a huge silver dragon dancing in the sky, hence the name. It is the sacred mountain for Naxi people. You can go up and down to the Yak Meadow, the best place to overlook the 13 peaks of the Jade Dragon Snow Mountain, by cable car (round trip cable car included).
Then go to visit Dongba Valley at the foot of Jade Dragon Snow Mountain. It is a natural valley with six ethnic minorities gathering here. It is nice place to enjoy beautiful valley view and ethic culture, especially Dongba culture (Dongba character is viewed as the only living hieroglyph in the world).
Move to Yufeng Lamasery to find the “King of Camellia”. What makes it famous not for its religious culture, but for a camellia tree. With a history of 500 years, when every blooming season, it has about 20,000 flowers blooming in 20 batches, and each flower is as big as a plate in 5-7 inches, which is so amazing.
Lastly, appreciate Mural in Baisha Village. Located 16 km north of Lijiang Old Town, it was the primary settlement of Naxi ancients, and was the earliest political center of Naxi people. Baisha mural is a part of Lijiang World Culture Heritage, and is one of forms to show Lijiang Dongba culture. The mural merges Han, Tibetan and Naxi cultures, and combines many sects of religions as a whole, which shows the religious and social life of Naxi people from late Ming (1368-1644) and early Qing (1644-1911) dynasty.
Morning after breakfast, drive to Tiger Leaping Gorge. With 16 km long, it has three sections in upper, middle and down streams and covers 18 dangerous cascades. The narrowest part of gorge is only 30meters wide, the river was pressed by Jade Dragon Snow Mountain (5,596 meters high) and Haba Snow Mountain (5,396 meters high) on the both sides, the falling head reaches 3,900 meters. So it is one of the deepest gorges in the world.
On the way back to Lijiang, you can overlook the First Bend of the Yangtze. When the Yangtze River surges into Yunnan, it forms a splendid view of “Three Rivers Flow side by side” with Lancang River and Nujiang River, but when it flows via Shasunpi Village in Shangri-la County, it gives a sharp turning like a “V” back to the northeast. People call this wonder the First Bend of the Yangtze.
Back to your hotel in Lijiang.
End of the service.
• Your earlier arrival to Kunming can be adjusted on line; but the extra charge is not included in the original charge.
• The quoted price contains Standard Tour Class lodging, and we offer hotel upgrade service. You can choose to upgrade hotel when booking, the price will change accordingly.
• Not all hotels can provide Standard Triple Room if you want three travelers in single room, they may arrange extra bed service. The additional fee for an extra bed is Single Supplement, and it is included in the final price.
• The single supplement is not included in the quoted price except single traveler's price.
• We choose only centrally located hotels with western standard service and breakfast. However, we can also arrange good location and clean local hotels with lower prices. Please inquiry for details.
• The breakfast is subject to hotels' arrangements, they may offer western food or Western & Chinese Buffet in the morning.
• Child's breakfast is included only when he/she occupy a bed. Otherwise the hotel may charge an extra fee for the breakfast.
Lunch and Dinner (Optional)
• The original price excludes lunch and dinner unless particular illustration. Usually, dinner and lunch are optional Chinese food with local flavor, and the meal price is charged based on the group size.
• If you have some preferences on meals such as vegetarian meal and diabetic meal, please make us know in Special Requirements.
• Please also fill the Special Requirements if you want other choices such as Hindu meal, Halal food or Western food, etc. You are suggested to uncheck lunch and dinner when booking. We will try to arrange it and your meal price is charged by the local restaurant.
• Our guide will lead you to your favorite restaurants when you don't select meals, the meal fee is at your own. Besides, your group should pay an extra 100RMB per day in cash to the driver and guide.
• We offer free airport/railway station transfer service as specified in the itinerary. As for earlier arrival or later departure, you will be charged a bit of service fee and guide service is not provided. Please provide train/flight number, arrival time and contact information in Special Requirements.
• Usually, local guide will drop you off at security checkpoint of airport or railway station. And the transfer guide may be not the same of that on the tour.
• This itinerary contains 3-4 shopping stops on the way, selling featured local specialties or souvenirs. Usually, you will spend 30-40 minutes in each store, and shopping or not is of your free will.
• We promise to offer flights operated by major airlines such as Air China, China Southern Airlines, China Eastern Airlines and Hainan Airline, etc. or local big airlines such as Shenzhen Airlines, Xiamen Airlines, Sichuan Airlines, Shanghai Airlines and Shandong Airlines and so forth. And the aircraft type is Airbus A3XX Series or Boeing 7-Series. Any change due to objective cause, we will ask your permission in advance.
• Airport and hotel pick-up and drop-off service in mentioned cities.
• Breakfast listed in the itinerary.
• Local English-speaking tour guide, private coach and driver service listed in the itinerary.
• The admission tickets for scenic spots listed in the itinerary.
• Service charge and government taxes.
• Hotel accommodation listed in the itinerary.
• Air-ticket Kunming/Dali and Lijiang/Kunming.
Cancellation and refund policy for Tours reservation
If you want to cancel your booking or part of it, you must advise us in advance. The letter must be signed by the lead name on the booking and once we receive it you should expect to receive a cancellation letter within 24 hours. If you do not then please contact us to ensure your letter has been received.
To cover the cost of processing your cancellation and to compensate us for the risk that we may not be able to resell your travel arrangements, we make a cancellation charge on the scale shown below. The person who made the booking is responsible for paying this charge. The size of the charge depends on when we receive your cancellation notice or letter or how you would like us to deal with your payment providing that we have received your full payment for the tours.
No Cancellation Fees if written cancellation notice is received more than 30 days prior to tour departure!
Cancellation in advance & Cancellation penalty
More than 30 days, no Cancellation Fee
30-10 days, 50% of the full payment
9-0 days or no show, 100% of the full payment
- Tours of Nearby Areas
- Tours with Similar Price
- You May Also Like
- Top Sales China Tours
- Package Tours with Lijiang