8 Days Kunming, Dali, Lijiang Classic Tour with Tiger Leaping Gorge & Shangri-la
Duration: 8 Days
Tour Type: Private tour
- No better way to know a different culture than to see by yourself. We take you to visit the best-represented attractions of Kunming, Dali, and Lijiang cities. Have a closer look at special ethnic culture.
- +86 29
- Ask a Question
- Choose Departure Date
- Price Calendar
- Choose Number of Travelers & Rooms
- Number of Rooms:
- Adult (with Bed)
- Child (with Bed)
- Child (without Bed)
- Choose Hotels
- Upgrade the Hotel-0:
- Day 1, Day 2, All 2 Nights in Kunming
- Day 3, All 1 Night in Dali
- Day 4, Day 5, All 2 Nights in Lijiang
- Day 6, Day 7, All 2 Nights in Shangrila
Arrive in Kunming. Pick up at Airport/Hotel/Railway Station in Kunming. Visit Grand View Tower.
Transfer to Shangri-la in the afternoon.
This tour starts around 2:00pm. So make sure you arrive in Kunming before 2:00pm.
Upon your arrival in Kunming, the guide picks you up at the Kunming airport/hotel/train station and head for the Grand View Tower (Daguanlou), one of the most remarkable landmarks of Yunnan. It is a three-storey wooden pagoda towering in the Grand View Park. Ascending in the pagoda, you can overlook the beautiful Lake Dianchi.
Afterward the guide will escort your to your hotel in Kunming
After breakfast, you are picked up from your hotel to explore the Stone Forest (86km and 1 hour and 40 minutes drive from downtown Kunming). It boasts the most peculiar karst landscape with a great many natural stone masterpieces in various shapes.
Then we will lead you to the sea of flowers, the Flower and Bird Market. Apart from all kinds of fresh flowers and cute birds, you can also find many antique shops along the market street.
Later we proceed to the Golden Horse and Phoenix Archway, the symbolic building of Kunming. It is one of the most bustling areas in Kunming where gathers restaurants, shopping centers and bars. The 12 meters high and 18 meters wide archway is the most characteristic building in Kunming.
The tour in Kunming will end with the sightseeing of the Green Lake Park. It is a beautiful recreational park which has been rated as an emerald inlaid in Kunming. Each November, the park has become the paradise for black-headed gulls.
Upon arrival at Dali, the guide will greet you at local airport and escort you to your hotel for a short break.
After lunch, we will drive to the Mt. Cangshan. You can take a cable car (round trip cable car included) in stead of climbing on foot to enjoy the snow on the mountain. The cloudscape in the Mt. Cangshan is unbeatable, especially the Jade Belt Cloud and Husband-Expecting Cloud.
Then you may have an opportunity to witness the process of Tie Dying Cloth with Wax in a local handcraft manufactory.
Later, you are arranged to pay a visit to the houses of Bai People in Xizhou Ancient Town. The host will treat you with San Dao Cha (three-course tea of Bai People) which is their customs for welcoming guests.
Afterward, you are guided to visit the Dali Ancient City and stroll around Foreign Tourist Street.
Early in the morning, the guide will pick you up at your hotel and move to another city of Yunnan, Lijiang.
Upon arrival, we will head for the Yuquan Park. Also known as the Black Dragon Pool Park, it is rated for the water in the pool which is as crystal as jade. Except the pool, you will enjoy many other landscapes, such as Fuguo Temple, Longshen Temple, Suicui Bridge and Five Phoenix Pavilion.
Then we move on to the Square Street, the core of the Lijiang Old Town. It is a square with an area of only 400 square meters. The local people prefer to hold folk activities at the square. Souvenirs and local snacks can be found here.
Afterward we will walk along the lanes radiate from Square Street to visit the Lijiang Old Town.
Today we will continue the Lijiang tour. After breakfast, you are driven to the Jade Dragon Snow Mountain. Known as the holy mountain for Naxi people, it is the incarnation of patron saint in the eyes of Naxi People. When we are approaching to the mountain, you will see the snow-covered and fog-enlaced mountain looks like a dragon flying among the clouds, hence the name. Cable car (round trip cable car included) is available to take you to the Yak Meadow, the best place to overlook the 13 peaks of the Jade Dragon Snow Mountain.
Next we will visit two attractions at the foot of the Jade Dragon Snow Mountain, Dongba Valley and Yufeng Lamasery.
Dongba Valley is a deeply-hidden natural grand canyon where lives a group of Naxi people. It boasts beautiful natural sceneries which combine the valley, gorge, cave, stone, tree and river.
Yufeng Lamasery is one of the famous lamaseries in Lijiang. Different from the lamaseries in Tibet, it is a typical quadrangle dwelling consists of gate house, main hall and left and right wing-yards. The most breathing-taking moment is in March when thousand camellias are blooming in the lamasery.
Lastly, we will appreciate the Mural in Baisha Village, a highlight among the attractions in Lijiang. Drew in the early Ming Dynasty (1368-1644), it features the religious stories added with Naxi, Tibetan, Bai and Han styles.
After breakfast, we will start an adventure tour to the Tiger Leaping Gorge (Hutiao Gorge). With a total length of 25 kilometers surrounded by the magnificent Jade Dragon Snow Mountain, it is divided into the Upper Gorge, the Middle Gorge and the Lower Gorge and all parts boast enchanting landscapes. On the way to the Tiger Leaping Gorge, you can have an overlook of the First Bend of the Yangtze River which is a marvelous sight created by nature.
In the afternoon, you are transferred to next stop, Shangri-la, the legendary disappeared horizon.
Arrangement of today is to get close to the beautiful Shangri-la. In the morning, we head for the Songzanlin Temple, the largest Tibetan Buddhist monastery in Yunnan. It has the concordant layout with the Potala Palace in Lhasa, thus the reputation of "Little Potala Palace". Numerous precious treasures are collected in the monastery, including the Gilded Buddha Statue, Palm Leaf Manuscript, Thangka and Golden Lamp, etc.
Then you are guided to visit the Lake Bitahai, an alpine lake in the Diqing Plateau. The water in the lake is clean and crystal. Many trees rise abruptly on the lake, making it more marvelous. You can walk along the trestle road to appreciate the watery sceneries.
Next you will visit the Lake Shuduhu, one of the largest lakes in Shangri-la. It is more like a fairy land surrounded by prismy forests. Legend has it that the lake is the place for all spirits to drink water. It has fascinating fogs, clear water and rich schizothorax fish.
Lastly, you may have an opportunity to visit a Tibetan family to experience the local life.
• The single supplement is not included in the quoted price except single traveler's price.
• Your earlier arrival to and later departure from Kunming can be adjusted on line; but the extra charge is not included in the original charge.
• The quoted price contains Standard Tour Class lodging, and we offer hotel upgrade service. You can choose to upgrade hotel when booking, the price will change accordingly.
• Not all hotels can provide Standard Triple Room if you want three travelers in single room, they may arrange extra bed service. The additional fee for an extra bed is Single Supplement, and it is included in the final price.
• We choose only centrally located hotels with western standard service and breakfast. However, we can also arrange good location and clean local hotels with lower prices. Please inquiry for details.
• The breakfast is subject to hotels' arrangements, they may offer western food or Western & Chinese Buffet in the morning.
• Child's breakfast is included only when he/she occupy a bed. Otherwise the hotel may charge an extra fee for the breakfast.
Lunch and Dinner (Optional)
• The original price excludes lunch and dinner unless particular illustration. Usually, dinner and lunch are optional Chinese food with local flavor, and the meal price is charged based on the group size.
• If you have some preferences on meals such as vegetarian meal and diabetic meal, please make us know in Special Requirements.
• Please also fill the Special Requirements if you want other choices such as Hindu meal, Halal food or Western food, etc. You are suggested to uncheck lunch and dinner when booking. We will try to arrange it and your meal price is charged by the local restaurant.
• Our guide will lead you to your favorite restaurants when you don't select meals, the meal fee is at your own. Besides, your group should pay an extra 100RMB per day in cash to the driver and guide.
• We offer free airport/railway station transfer service as specified in the itinerary. As for earlier arrival or later departure, you will be charged a bit of service fee and guide service is not provided. Please provide train/flight number, arrival time and contact information in Special Requirements.
• Usually, local guide will drop you off at security checkpoint of airport or railway station. And the transfer guide may be not the same of that on the tour.
• This itinerary contains 3-4 shopping stops on the way, selling featured local specialties or souvenirs. Usually, you will spend 30-40 minutes in each store, and shopping or not is of your free will.
• We promise to offer flights operated by major airlines such as Air China, China Southern Airlines, China Eastern Airlines and Hainan Airline, etc. or local big airlines such as Shenzhen Airlines, Xiamen Airlines, Sichuan Airlines, Shanghai Airlines and Shandong Airlines and so forth. And the aircraft type is Airbus A3XX Series or Boeing 7-Series. Any change due to objective cause, we will ask your permission in advance.
• Airport or hotel pick-up and drop-off service in mentioned cities.
• Local English-speaking tour guide, private coach and driver service listed in the itinerary.
• The admission tickets for scenic spots listed in the itinerary.
• Service charge and government taxes.
• Hotel accommodation listed in the itinerary.
• Air ticket Kunming/Dali and Shangrila/Kunming.
Cancellation and refund policy for Tours reservation
If you want to cancel your booking or part of it, you must advise us in advance. The letter must be signed by the lead name on the booking and once we receive it you should expect to receive a cancellation letter within 24 hours. If you do not then please contact us to ensure your letter has been received.
To cover the cost of processing your cancellation and to compensate us for the risk that we may not be able to resell your travel arrangements, we make a cancellation charge on the scale shown below. The person who made the booking is responsible for paying this charge. The size of the charge depends on when we receive your cancellation notice or letter or how you would like us to deal with your payment providing that we have received your full payment for the tours.
No Cancellation Fees if written cancellation notice is received more than 30 days prior to tour departure!
Cancellation in advance & Cancellation penalty
More than 30 days, no Cancellation Fee
30-10 days, 50% of the full payment
9-0 days or no show, 100% of the full payment
- Tours of Nearby Areas
- Tours with Similar Price
- You May Also Like
- Top Sales China Tours
- Package Tours with Lijiang