Guangzhou to Lijiang: 5 Days Lijiang & Tiger Leaping Gorge Tour (Round Trip)
Duration: 5 Days
Tour Type: Private tour
- Explore Yunnan's most popular attractions: Jade Dragon Snow Mountain, Lijiang Old City and Square Street and the magnificent of Tiger Leaping Gorge at the first bend of the Yangtze River to feel the special ethnic cultural flavor of Yunnan.
- +86 29
- Ask a Question
- Choose Departure Date
- Price Calendar
- Choose Number of Travelers & Rooms
- Number of Rooms:
- Adult (with Bed)
- Child (with Bed)
- Child (without Bed)
You need to take the flight from Guangzhou to Lijiang (air ticket included) by yourself. Upon your arrival at Lijiang airport, the guide will greet you there and your colorful Lijiang tour starts.
The first attraction to visit is the Square Street, the core of Lijiang Old Town. Known as the principal remarkable landscape in Lijiang Old Town, it is a square with an area of only 400 square meters which once was the most crucial hub on the Ancient Tea Horse Road and now is kept to be a trading place makes Lijiang Old Town alive at anytime. Souvenirs and local snacks can be found here.
Then you are guided to your hotel in Lijiang and the rest of the day is free for you.
Today, an excursion trip to the Stone Drum Town is arranged in the morning after breakfast. Stone Drum Town, a well-proportioned town at the intersection of Jinsha River and Chongjiang River, boasts enchanting landscapes. In the town, you can see the First Bend of the Yangtze River which is a marvelous sight due to the meet between rapid rivers and steep mountains.
Then we head for the Tiger Leaping Gorge, a place where bestrews thrill and spectacular views which inspires many tourists’ sense of adventure. Standing on the Tiger Leaping Stone, you can see the eminent Jade Dragon Snow Mountain and Haba Snow Mountain. After appreciating the fair-sounding Ancient Naxi Music in the town, we will transfer you to your hotel.
Today, you are expected to be energetic for we will get close to the deeper of Lijiang. In the morning, you are guided to explore the Jade Dragon Snow Mountain, the holy mountain for Naxi people. From a distance, you will see the snow-covered and fog-enlaced mountain looks like a dragon flying among the clouds, hence the name. Known for the alpine snowy landscape, it is also an excellent skiing resort. Cable car (round trip cable car included) is available to take you to the Yak Meadow, the best place to overlook the 13 peaks of the Jade Dragon Snow Mountain. During the spring, summer and autumn, you can see the local people driving their cattle and sheep on the meadow.
Next go on our tour in the snow mountain by visiting the Dongba Valley and Yufeng Lamasery.
Dongba Valley, perched at the foot of the Jade Dragon Snow Mountain, is a deeply-hidden natural grand canyon which combines the beauty of valley, gorge, cave, stone, tree and river. A group of Naxi nationality is living here.
Yufeng Lamasery, located at the southern foot of the Jade Dragon Snow Mountain, is one of the famous lamaseries in Lijiang. Different from the lamaseries in Tibet, it is a typical quadrangle dwelling consists of gate house, main hall and left and right wing-yards. Thousand camellia trees are planted which adds many color to the lamasery.
Later, we will visit the Shuhe Naxi Village, the home to Naxi people. Featuring clean water, tie-dye products and leather, it was an important site on the Ancient Tea Horse Road.
The last stop for today is the Dongba Museum. It will show you the profound Naxi culture by exhibiting many scenes, including sacrificial ceremony, religious rituals and daily life of old people. Then, you may get a chance to view the process of Dongba Paper in the worship.
Today you are free to explore the Lijiang Old Town by yourself. Noted as one of the four ancient most well-preserved towns in China, Lijiang Old Town is listed as one of the World Cultural Heritages. Strolling along the cobbled streets lined with old buildings, you can eat the local snacks at the vendors, buy handicrafts in the shops and pay a visit to the local Naxi family.
• The quoted price contains Standard Tour Class lodging, and we offer hotel upgrade service. You can choose to upgrade hotel when booking, the price will change accordingly.
• Not all hotels can provide Standard Triple Room if you want three travelers in single room, they may arrange extra bed service. The additional fee for an extra bed is Single Supplement, and it is included in the final price.
• We offer hotel upgrade service but extra charge to the hotel is at your own.
• Not all hotels can provide Standard Triple Room if you want three travelers in one room, they may arrange extra bed service.
• The single supplement is not included in the quoted price except single traveler's price.
• We choose only centrally located hotels with western standard service and breakfast. However, we can also arrange good location and clean local hotels with lower prices. Please inquiry for details.
• The breakfast is subject to hotels' arrangements, they may offer western food or Western & Chinese Buffet in the morning.
• Child's breakfast is included only when he/she occupy a bed. Otherwise the hotel may charge an extra fee for the breakfast.
Lunch and Dinner (Optional)
• The original price excludes lunch and dinner unless particular illustration. Usually, dinner and lunch are optional Chinese food with local flavor, and the meal price is charged based on the group size.
• If you have some preferences on meals such as vegetarian meal and diabetic meal, please make us know in Special Requirements.
• Please also fill the Special Requirements if you want other choices such as Hindu meal, Halal food or Western food, etc. You are suggested to uncheck lunch and dinner when booking. We will try to arrange it and your meal price is charged by the local restaurant.
• Our guide will lead you to your favorite restaurants when you don't select meals, the meal fee is at your own. Besides, your group should pay an extra 100RMB per day in cash to the driver and guide.
• We offer free airport/railway station transfer service as specified in the itinerary. As for earlier arrival or later departure, you will be charged a bit of service fee and guide service is not provided. Please provide train/flight number, arrival time and contact information in Special Requirements.
• Usually, local guide will drop you off at security checkpoint of airport or railway station. And the transfer guide may be not the same of that on the tour.
• This itinerary contains 2-3 shopping stops on the way, selling featured local specialties or souvenirs. Usually, you will spend 30-40 minutes in each store, and shopping or not is of your free will.
• We promise to offer flights operated by major airlines such as Air China, China Southern Airlines, China Eastern Airlines and Hainan Airline, etc. or local big airlines such as Shenzhen Airlines, Xiamen Airlines, Sichuan Airlines, Shanghai Airlines and Shandong Airlines and so forth. And the aircraft type is Airbus A3XX Series or Boeing 7-Series. Any change due to objective cause, we will ask your permission in advance.
• Pick-up and drop-off service at airport/railway station in Lijiang.
• Private English-speaking tour guide, driver and car service as indicated in the itinerary.
• The admission tickets for scenic spots listed in the itinerary.
• Service charge and government taxes.
• The air ticket of economic class, taxes and dues for round trip flights from Guangzhou to Lijiang.
• Four-night hotel accommodation in twin shared room with daily breakfast.
• International flight tickets or train tickets.
• Hotel single room supplement.
• Personal expenses such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone call, optional activities, etc.
• Tips to local tour guide and driver.
• Estimated group surcharges for excess baggage.
• Fees for entry visa to China.
• Cable car, sightseeing bus and cruise unless explained specially.
• Meals (L & D).
Cancellation and refund policy for Tours reservation
If you want to cancel your booking or part of it, you must advise us in advance. The letter must be signed by the lead name on the booking and once we receive it you should expect to receive a cancellation letter within 24 hours. If you do not then please contact us to ensure your letter has been received.
To cover the cost of processing your cancellation and to compensate us for the risk that we may not be able to resell your travel arrangements, we make a cancellation charge on the scale shown below. The person who made the booking is responsible for paying this charge. The size of the charge depends on when we receive your cancellation notice or letter or how you would like us to deal with your payment providing that we have received your full payment for the tours.
No Cancellation Fees if written cancellation notice is received more than 30 days prior to tour departure!
Cancellation in advance & Cancellation penalty
More than 30 days, no Cancellation Fee
30-10 days, 50% of the full payment
9-0 days or no show, 100% of the full payment
- Tours of Nearby Areas
- Tours with Similar Price
- You May Also Like
- Top Sales China Tours
- Package Tours with Lijiang