Beijing to Lhasa: 6 Days Lhasa Tour (Round Trip)
Duration: 6 Days
Tour Type: Private tour
- From China's cultural center - Beijing to the mysterious Tibet to experience the multi-cultural society. The snow covered plateau, the clear air, the Potala Palace, you can breathe deeply the fresh air of the plateau. The unfailing charm of Tibet is everywhere.
- +86 29
- Ask a Question
- Choose Departure Date
- Price Calendar
- Choose Number of Travelers & Rooms
- Number of Rooms:
- Adult (with Bed)
- Child (with Bed)
- Child (without Bed)
- Choose Hotels
- Upgrade the Hotel-0:
- Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, Day 5, All 4 Nights in Lhasa
- Day 4, All 1 Night in Shigatse
Lhasa to Beijing by Air in the morning (air ticket included).
Take flight Beijing/Lhasa by yourself (air ticket included). Upon arrival, our local guide will pick you up at Lhasa Gonggar Airport and present you hada as a greeting gift to express our best wishes.
Then transfer to the hotel. On the way, you'll get greeted by a Buddha image engraved in the mountain face. Remaining time is for you to have a rest to acclimatize the high altitude.
Visit the most well-known Potala Palace, located in the west of Lhasa. With a highest point over 3,700 meters above the sea level, it is honored as the highest ancient palace all over the world. This World Heritage Site has the Red Palace (holy stupas of Dalai Lama as well as kinds of Buddha's palaces etc.) and the White Palace (home of Dalai Lamas) two parts in general.
In the afternoon, get to the Jokhang Temple, prime seat of the Gelugpa sect, built in 647. For Tibetan Buddhist pilgrims, it is a holy place and final destination. Overlooking from its golden roof, you can see great views of Barkhor Street and Potala Palace.
In the Evening, stroll around the Barkhor Street, in front of the Jokhang Temple. You can find the prayer wheels, typical Tibetan houses and kinds of tourist souvenirs here.
Travel to visit Drepung Temple, a national cultural relic of China. Among the Three Great Monasteries of Gelug sect, it is the first one built in 1416. Every year, the Shoton Festival will be held here with Shai Dafo (sunning the giant Buddha) as the most important activity. And the monastery will be crowded with people.
Move on to the Norbulingka Park, the Summer Palace as well as the largest man-made garden of Tibet built in 1755. It is also a celebration place of Shoton Festival.
Visit the Sera Temple, the last built one among the Three Great Monasteries of Gelug sect. It boasts lots of precious historical relics and artwares. In its northeast, there is a platform to celebrate the sunning giant Buddha ceremony during Shoton Festival and standing here, you can have a panoramic view of Sera Monastery. Besides, the monks-debating here is very famous.
Leave Lhasa for the Lake Yamdrok, 100 kilometers to the southwest of Lhasa. It is one of the Three Sacred Lakes in Tibet as well as the largest freshwater lake at the south foot of the Himalayas.
Then drive westward to Gyangtze, stop at the Palgor Chorten first, about ten minutes' drive from Gyangtse. It is a good place to learn something about the lifestyle of Tibetan wealthy landlords in past. And then visit the Palkhor Monastery, a typical Tibetan Buddhism one where the monastery is in combination with pagoda. You can visit its exquisite and complete buildings, countless well-preserved mural paintings and statues while feeling its long history and religious values.
After that, go on moving west to Shigatse.
Travel to visit the Tashilhunpo Temple, 2 kilometer western Shigatse city. It is one of the Six Great Monasteries of Gelugpa in Tibet built in 1447. As the seat of Panchen since the fourth generation, it boasts about 800 Panchen Lamas till now.
Go on to visit the New Palace of Panchen, south of Tashilhunpo Monastery. It is the summer palace built by the tenth Panchen in 1954, with a lot of Tibetan historical relics, influential works of art as well as nice environment.
Later leave Shigatse for Lhasa.
End of service.
• The single supplement is not included in the quoted price except single traveler's price.
• The quoted price contains Standard Tour Class lodging, and we offer hotel upgrade service. You can choose to upgrade hotel when booking, the price will change accordingly.
• Not all hotels can provide Standard Triple Room if you want three travelers in one room, they may arrange extra bed service. The additional fee for an extra bed is Single Supplement, and it is included in the final price.
• We choose only centrally located hotels with western standard service and breakfast. However, we can also arrange good location and clean local hotels with lower prices. Please inquiry for details.
• The breakfast is subject to hotels' arrangements, they may offer western food or Western & Chinese Buffet in the morning.
• Child's breakfast is included only when he/she occupy a bed. Otherwise the hotel may charge an extra fee for the breakfast.
Lunch and Dinner (Optional)
• The original price excludes lunch and dinner unless particular illustration. Usually, dinner and lunch are optional Chinese food with local flavor, and the meal price is charged based on the group size.
• If you have some preferences on meals such as vegetarian meal and diabetic meal, please make us know in Special Requirements.
• Please also fill the Special Requirements if you want other choices such as Hindu meal, Halal food or Western food, etc. You are suggested to uncheck lunch and dinner when booking. We will try to arrange it and your meal price is charged by the local restaurant.
• Our guide will lead you to your favorite restaurants when you don't select meals, the meal fee is at your own. Besides, your group should pay an extra 100RMB per day in cash to the driver and guide.
• We offer free airport/railway station transfer service as specified in the itinerary.
• Usually, local guide will drop you off at security checkpoint of airport or railway station. And the transfer guide may be not the same of that on the tour.
• We do not arrange any shopping stop in this itinerary unless you have special requirements.
• We promise to offer flights operated by major airlines such as Air China, China Southern Airlines, China Eastern Airlines and Hainan Airline, etc. or local big airlines such as Shenzhen Airlines, Xiamen Airlines, Sichuan Airlines, Shanghai Airlines and Shandong Airlines and so forth. And the aircraft type is Airbus A3XX Series or Boeing 7-Series. Any change due to objective cause, we will ask your permission in advance.
• Pick-up and drop-off service at airport in Lhasa.
• Private English-speaking tour guide, driver and car service as indicated in the itinerary.
• The admission tickets for scenic spots listed in the itinerary.
• Service charge and government taxes.
• The air ticket of economic class, taxes and dues for round trip flights from Bejing to Lhasa.
• Five-night hotel accommodation in twin shared room with daily breakfast.
• International flight tickets or train tickets.
• Hotel single room supplement.
• Personal expenses such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone call, optional activities, etc.
• Tips to local tour guide and driver.
• Estimated group surcharges for excess baggage.
• Fees for entry visa to China.
• Cable car, sightseeing bus and cruise unless explained specially.
• Meals (L & D).
Cancellation and refund policy for Tours reservation
If you want to cancel your booking or part of it, you must advise us in advance. The letter must be signed by the lead name on the booking and once we receive it you should expect to receive a cancellation letter within 24 hours. If you do not then please contact us to ensure your letter has been received.
To cover the cost of processing your cancellation and to compensate us for the risk that we may not be able to resell your travel arrangements, we make a cancellation charge on the scale shown below. The person who made the booking is responsible for paying this charge. The size of the charge depends on when we receive your cancellation notice or letter or how you would like us to deal with your payment providing that we have received your full payment for the tours.
No Cancellation Fees if written cancellation notice is received more than 30 days prior to tour departure!
Cancellation in advance & Cancellation penalty
More than 30 days, no Cancellation Fee
30-10 days, 50% of the full payment
9-0 days or no show, 100% of the full payment
- Tours of Nearby Areas
- Tours with Similar Price
- You May Also Like
- Top Sales China Tours
- Package Tours with Beijing