8 Days Changsha & Zhangjiajie Tour
Duration: 8 Days
Tour Type: Private tour
- A typical Hunan tour. Mt. Shaoshan - the hometown of the great people, Zhangjiajie - World Cultural Heritage, and Phoenix Town - the most charming town in China, all together are a perfect combination of Chinese mountains and waters, cultural sights and historical views.
- Choose Departure Date
- Price Calendar
- Choose Number of Travelers & Rooms
- Number of Rooms:
- Adult (with Bed)
- Child (with Bed)
- Child (without Bed)
- Choose Hotels
- Upgrade the Hotel-0:
- Day 1, Day 2, All 2 Nights in Changsha
- Day 3, Day 4, All 2 Nights in Phoenix Town
- Day 5, Day 6, Day 7, All 3 Nights in Wulingyuan
Arrive in Changsha in the morning. Visit Long Island, Yuelu Academy and Aiwan Pavilion.
This tour starts around 11:00am. So make sure you arrive in Changsha before 11:00am.
This tour starts around 11:00 in the morning. So make sure that you arrive in Changsha before that time.
On arrival, local guide will greet you at Changsha airport / train way station and escort you to the hotel, or pick you up from the hotel in Changsha.
After lunch, drive to Long Island. It is a long island formed by deposits from the Xiang River, which is the largest inland continent in the world. It gains the name because there are large stretches of orange groves here. Besides, there are many species of rare plants and animals, as well as many economic fruit trees.
Then go to the west of the Xiang River to visit "Millennium Institution"- Yuelu Academy. First built in 976, it was one of the famous four academies in ancient China. Now it is an affiliate college under Hunan University. Almost of surviving architectures are remains from Ming and Qing dynasties (1368-1644), apart from architecture relics, Yuelu Academy still keeps lots of stele relics.
Then go to Aiwan Pavilion at the foot of the Yuelu Mountain. Built in 1792, its name comes from a poem of Tang Dynasty (618-907) and it is recognized one of the famous four pavilions in China. The pavilion is supported by eight pillars with upturned eaves. There is a pond in front of it with sweeping willows standing beside, and maple forest around the pavilion as well, in deep autumn, you can see red leaves scattered over the mountain.
In the morning, drive to Dishuidong Cave. Apart from the pleasant sight, it is famous as a stop place of Mao Zedong (the first president of China). it is a famous summer resort, 4 km west from Former Residence of Mao Zedong. Dishuidong Villa No.1 is the main building here. In 1966, President Mao stayed here for 11 days.
Then visit Former Residence of Maozedong. Many remains displayed in the house are originals that are used by Mao Zedong, such as the bed, writing desk and wardrobe in the bedroom. President Mao was born here in 1893 and lived here for 17 years, and came back in 1925, 1927 and 1959 respectively.
Then drive back to Changsha.
In the morning, take a train from Changsha to Zhangjiajie.
After arriving in the afternoon, then drive to visit the Furong Town, a typical ancient town in Xiangxi. With a history of 2,000 years, it appears unsophisticated folk custom of Tujia minority everywhere, with stilted buildings and bluestone walkway, if walking on that in a rainy day that would be more charming.
Then drive to Phoenix Town and stay the night there.
Morning after breakfast, you will have an easy day to explore the Phoenix Town. With a history of over 300 years, the ancient town is surrounded by mountains, green Tuojiang River (the mother river of Phoenix Ancient Town) winding through the ancient city wall, distinctive architectures in Ming (1368-1644) and Qing (1644-1912) style on the both side, ancient stilted buildings, riverside pavilions and corridor bridges, which form a beautiful Chinese landscape painting. Strolling on the bluestone street, it is packed with characteristic shops to sell ethnic handcrafts, matched with archaized buildings, which shows profound national cultural deposits. People say that the beauty of Phoenix Town, like her name, will make you impressive.
Still overnight in Phoenix Town.
If you do not enjoy yourself to the full in the ancient town, don't worry, you still have another half day. You can go on your exploration of Phoenix Town by yourself.
In the afternoon, drive to Wulingyuan scenic area in Zhangjiajie and stay overnight there.
Visit Zhangjiajie National Forest Park for a long day. It is the first national-level forest park in China, one of the big four scenic areas in Wulingyuan Scenic Area (World Natural Heritage). It is famous for wonderful natural landscapes, besides, there is rich of forest plant and wild animal sources, and the forest coverage reaches 98%, so it is a gigantic treasure house for living creatures and natural oxygen bar.
And then visit Huangshi Village. It is an important existence in Zhangjiajie National Forest Park. It seems like a huge lion from the distance, so it has another name "Yellow Lion Village". Every peak here is an ancient artwork, which is like a sword, pin, head of dragon, head of turtle, or modern skyscraper…You can explore these peaks up and down by cable car.
After lunch, visit the Jinbian Stream (about 2-3 hours visiting), a famous scenic area within Zhangjiajie National Forest Park. Along 7.5 kilometers, it has the most beautiful scenery in Wulingyuan Scenic Area, and it is viewed as one of the most beautiful valleys in the world.
In the morning, head to Mt. Tianzishan, another scenic area of famous four in Wulingyuan Scenic Area. Mt. Tianzishan always gives a mysterious and peaceful impression, and stone forest scenery is the most famous here. It also has four wonders of "Cloud Sea, Sun Glow, Night Moon and Wind Snow". It gets the name because a Tujiang leader started an uprising here in Song Dynasty (960-1279), and also he died here, so there are many scenic spots gained the name after this legend. You can enjoy the wonderful view up and down by cable car (fee of round trip cable car included).
In the evening, you can enjoy the Ethnic Minority Songs and Dances- Charming Xiangxi at your own expense. In the performance, you can learn the most distinctive dance art of Miao minority, the special marriage custom of Yao minority, mysterious witchcraft performance of Tujia minority and so on.
Enjoy your free time before transferring to the Zhangjiajie Airport/Hotel/Railway Station, and see you off.
End of the service.
• The quoted price contains Standard Tour Class lodging, and we offer hotel upgrade service. You can choose to upgrade hotel when booking, the price will change accordingly.
• Not all hotels can provide Standard Triple Room if you want three travelers in single room, they may arrange extra bed service. The additional fee for an extra bed is Single Supplement, and it is included in the final price.
• Your earlier arrival to Changsha and later departure from Zhangjiajie can be adjusted on line; but the extra charge is not included in the original charge.
• The single supplement is not included in the quoted price except single traveler's price.
• We choose only centrally located hotels with western standard service and breakfast. However, we can also arrange good location and clean local hotels with lower prices. Please inquiry for details.
• The breakfast is subject to hotels' arrangements, they may offer western food or Western & Chinese Buffet in the morning.
• Child's breakfast is included only when he/she occupy a bed. Otherwise the hotel may charge an extra fee for the breakfast.
Lunch and Dinner (Optional)
• The original price excludes lunch and dinner unless particular illustration. Usually, dinner and lunch are optional Chinese food with local flavor, and the meal price is charged based on the group size.
• If you have some preferences on meals such as vegetarian meal and diabetic meal, please make us know in Special Requirements.
• Please also fill the Special Requirements if you want other choices such as Hindu meal, Halal food or Western food, etc. You are suggested to uncheck lunch and dinner when booking. We will try to arrange it and your meal price is charged by the local restaurant.
• Our guide will lead you to your favorite restaurants when you don't select meals, the meal fee is at your own. Besides, your group should pay an extra 100RMB per day in cash to the driver and guide.
• We offer free airport/railway station transfer service as specified in the itinerary. As for earlier arrival or later departure, you will be charged a bit of service fee and guide service is not provided. Please provide train/flight number, arrival time and contact information in Special Requirements.
• Usually, local guide will drop you off at security checkpoint of airport or railway station. And the transfer guide may be not the same of that on the tour.
• Children, between 2 to 12 years old and under 1.3 meters (4.3 feet), can get discount.
• Transfer between airport/railway station and destination cities in the itinerary.
• Private English-speaking tour guide, driver and car service as indicated in the itinerary.
• The admission tickets for scenic spots listed in the itinerary.
• Service charge and government taxes.
• Seven-night hotel accommodation in twin shared room with daily breakfast.
• Ticket hard-seat train from Changsha to Zhangjiajie.
Cancellation and refund policy for Tours reservation
If you want to cancel your booking or part of it, you must advise us in advance. The letter must be signed by the lead name on the booking and once we receive it you should expect to receive a cancellation letter within 24 hours. If you do not then please contact us to ensure your letter has been received.
To cover the cost of processing your cancellation and to compensate us for the risk that we may not be able to resell your travel arrangements, we make a cancellation charge on the scale shown below. The person who made the booking is responsible for paying this charge. The size of the charge depends on when we receive your cancellation notice or letter or how you would like us to deal with your payment providing that we have received your full payment for the tours.
No Cancellation Fees if written cancellation notice is received more than 30 days prior to tour departure!
Cancellation in advance & Cancellation penalty
More than 30 days, no Cancellation Fee
30-10 days, 50% of the full payment
9-0 days or no show, 100% of the full payment
- Tours of Nearby Areas
- Tours with Similar Price
- You May Also Like
- Top Sales China Tours
- Package Tours with Zhangjiajie