8 Days Tour from Zhangmu to Lhasa
Duration: 8 Days
Tour Type: Small group tour
- Enjoy an 8 day tour in Tibet by visiting the Tibetan Buddhist temple such as Potala Palace, Sera Temple, Jokhang Temple, Drepung Temple, etc, and feel the loyalty from the Tibetan people to their belief.
- Choose Departure Date
- Price Calendar
- Choose Number of Travelers & Rooms
- Number of Rooms:
- Adult (with Bed)
- Child (with Bed)
- Child (without Bed)
- Choose Hotels
- Upgrade the Hotel-1:
- Day 1, All 1 Night in city for scsgt-03
- Day 2, Day 3, All 2 Nights Tingri (Undefined Hotel)
- Day 4, All 1 Night Shigatse (Undefined Hotel)
- Day 5, Day 6, Day 7, All 3 Nights Lhasa (Undefined Hotel)
Our driver will pick you up at your hotel in Kathmandu, the capital of Nepal and then transfer you to Kodari (115km from Kathmandu), a small town of Nepal located on the Nepal-China border. After striding the Sino-Nepal Friendship Bridge, you are officially in Tibet area and our guide will greet you at Zhangmu, the boarding town between Tibet and Nepal.
After checking in the hotel in Zhangmu, the rest of the day is free for you to get used to the local environment.
Overnight in Zhangmu
Early in the morning, you will be driven to Tingri. Tingri is an ideal site for traveling, adventuring and scientific investigation. On the way, you can visit the Milarepas Cave, a cave where the great Tibetan Buddhist philosopher once spent many years of his life to penetrate the mighty Tibetan Buddha dharma who later preach his philosophy via poetry written in the cave.
Overnight in Tingri
After breakfast, drive to the Everest Base Camp (120km from Tingri). Everest Base Camp, built at the mountainside of the Mt Everest with the altitude of 5,200 meters, provides beautiful sceneries as well as the accommodation, shopping, post and other supply for travelers. The most attractive is the sunset at the Mt. Everest. Afterwards you are driven back to Tingri.
Overnight in Tingri
A bumpy trip to Shigatse is arranged for today. Upon arrival at Shigatse, you are guided to visit the Tashilhunpo Temple (236km from Tingri), the land where successive Panchen Lamas lived, is comparable to the Potala Palace for Dalai Lamas. Along with Ganden Temple, Sera Temple and Drepung Temple, they are rated as the largest four monasteries of Gelupa. The main hall of the temple is capable of holding 2,000 monks to chant the sutras.
Overnight in Shigatse
After breakfast, we will move to Gyantze (94km from Shigatse). Palkhor Monastery is the preferred attraction to see upon arrival in Gyantse which has been listed as a National Key Cultural Relics Protection Unit due to its long history, best-preserved construction and well-known Bodhi Pagoda.
Then drive to Lhasa (100km from Pakhor Monastery), on the way, we have two enchanting scenic spots to visit, Lake Yamdrok and Karo-la Glacier.
Lake Yamdrok, one of the three holy lakes in Lhasa with an area of 678 square kilometers, is as picturesque as the fairyland on earth. The stunning natural sceneries and the nearby snow-capped mountain, pasture, temples make it a unique world to explore.
After crossing 4,330 meters long Smira Mountain Pass, Karo-la Glacier tongue is in front. Huge ice sheet extends to the roadside from the misty mountaintop, sparkling under the sunshine, as if a giant Tangka hung on the mountain which is rather magnificent.
Afterward you will be transferred to the hotel in Lhasa city.
Overnight in Lhasa
Today we will arrange a walking tour in Lhasa city for you. After breakfast, we will head for the Potala Palace, the highest palace in the world with the altitude of over 3,750 meters. Listed as a part of the World Heritage, it has been selected as the background of Chinese note of CNY50. For century years, the majestic Potala Palace remains to be the top attraction in Lhasa. You can climb to the top of the palace to have a bird view of the whole city.
Then you are guided to the Jokhang Temple to feel the strong Buddhism culture. Jokhang Temple, built by King Songtzen Gampo in the mid-7th century A.D to welcome the Princess Bhrikuti's coming in Tibet, is the most ancient and sacred destination for Buddhism pilgrims.
Not far away from Jokhang Temple, we will arrive at the Barkhor Street, the most bustling commercial street in Lhasa, also a famous devotional circumambulation for Buddhism pilgrims. It has well-preserved the traditional layout of the old city where you can buy all kinds of local souvenirs, handiworks and snacks.
Overnight in Lhasa
In the morning, you can choose one of the three for a visit: Drak Yerpa (20km form Lhasa), Drepung Monastery and Ganden Monastery. And in the afternoon, we will northward to Sera Temple.
Drak Yerpa, once one of the four famous meditation sites in Tibet during Tubo Period, is a holy land of Tibetan Buddhism. It is said that there are 108 ancient meditation caves in the spectacular cliffs where many great beings from all lineages meditated.
Covering an area of 250,000 square meters, Drepung Monastery is the largest monastery of the Gelug Sect.
Located 36 kilometers from the Potala Palace in Lhasa, Ganden Monastery is one of the 'great three' Gelukpa university monasteries of Tibet.
Sera Temple, one of the six main Gelugpa (a school of Tibetan Buddhism) monasteries in Tibet, has housed many Buddhist statues and precious cultural relics including Buddhist sutras and murals. We may witness the fierce debates on Buddhist doctrines among monks between 3:00pm-5:00pm (not available on Sunday) in the temple.
Overnight in Lhasa
• The single supplement is not included in the quoted price except single traveler's price.
• Your latter departure from Lhasa can be adjusted on line; but the extra charge is not included in the original charge.
• We offer Standard Hotel (3-Star) in this tour, but which hotel you will stay is undefined. We offer dorm bed at Rongbuk guesthouse or nomad tent at Everest Base Camp.
• Not all hotels can provide Standard Triple Room if you want three travelers in single room, they may arrange extra bed service. The additional fee for an extra bed is Single Supplement, and it is included in the final price.
• We choose only centrally located hotels with western standard service and breakfast. However, we can also arrange good location and clean local hotels with lower prices. Please inquiry for details.
• All lunch and dinner are not included in the itinerary, the guide will lead you to local restaurants.
• The breakfast is subject to hotels' arrangements, they may offer western food or Western & Chinese Buffet in the morning.
• Child's breakfast is included only when he/she occupy a bed. Otherwise the hotel may charge an extra fee for the breakfast.
• The itinerary can only offer one free airport/railway station pick-up and one free airport/railway station drop-off service on a certain time, no free transfer service for earlier arriving or extension stay.
• Usually, local guide will drop you off at security checkpoint of airport or railway station without guide serve on the flight or train. And the transfer guide may be not the same of that on the tour.
• We do not arrange any shopping stop in this itinerary unless you have special requirements.
• Pick up and drop-off service.
• Local English-speaking tour guide, private car and driver service.
• All necessary Tibet permits based on the listed itinerary (TTB + PSB).
• All personal entrance tickets(also including the sightseeing bus up to Everest Base Camp from Rongbuk).
• Hotel accommodation available in Lhasa, Shigatse, Zhangmu and Tinggri as listed in the itinerary.
• Express delivery fee of Tibet Entry Permit (eg. SF. Express)
• Oxygen in vehicle for emergency use.
• Transportation Fee from/to Tibet.
• Meals (Lunch and Dinner; Breakfast at Everest Base Camp).
• Tips to guide and driver (suggestion: normally RMB30-40/per day for guide and driver).
• Personal expenses such as laundry, drinks, internet access, fax, telephone calls etc.
• Optional attractions that are not specified in the itinerary.
• Individual Airport pick-up or drop off at your request.
• Services not mentioned in the itinerary.
Cancellation and refund policy for Tours reservation
If you want to cancel your booking or part of it, you must advise us in advance. The letter must be signed by the lead name on the booking and once we receive it you should expect to receive a cancellation letter within 24 hours. If you do not then please contact us to ensure your letter has been received.
To cover the cost of processing your cancellation and to compensate us for the risk that we may not be able to resell your travel arrangements, we make a cancellation charge on the scale shown below. The person who made the booking is responsible for paying this charge. The size of the charge depends on when we receive your cancellation notice or letter or how you would like us to deal with your payment providing that we have received your full payment for the tours.
No Cancellation Fees if written cancellation notice is received more than 30 days prior to tour departure!
Cancellation in advance & Cancellation penalty
More than 30 days, no Cancellation Fee
30-10 days, 50% of the full payment
9-0 days or no show, 100% of the full payment
- Tours of Nearby Areas
- Tours with Similar Price
- You May Also Like
- Top Sales China Tours
- Package Tours with Lhasa