7 Days Lhasa, Everest Base Camp Adventure with Zhangmu
Duration: 7 Days
Tour Type: Small group tour
- A great chance to learn the interesting history of Tibet: Visit Sera Temple,Potala Palace,Jokhang Temple,Barkhor Street,Lake Yamdrok and the Everest Base Camp.
- Choose Departure Date
- Price Calendar
- Choose Number of Travelers & Rooms
- Number of Rooms:
- Adult (with Bed)
- Child (with Bed)
- Child (without Bed)
- Choose Hotels
- Upgrade the Hotel-1:
- Day 1, All 1 Night in city for scsgt-02
- Day 2, Day 3, All 2 Nights Lhasa (Undefined Hotel)
- Day 4, All 1 Night Shigatse (Undefined Hotel)
- Day 5, All 1 Night Tingri (Undefined Hotel)
- Day 6, All 1 Night Zhangmu (Undefined Hotel)
Your Tibetan guide will meet you at Lhasa Gonggar airport or train station and then transfer you to the hotel in Lhasa.
Then you can have a good rest to slow acclimatize the plateau-climate and make preparation for the next tour.
Overnight in Lhasa
Walking tour is arranged today because the attractions are all located in the city and can be reached through a few minutes walk.
The first stop is Potala Palace, the highest palace in the world. With a height of 3,700 meters above sea level, it is the former residence of Dalai Lama. The palace is composed of two parts - the white palace and the red palace. Apart from the numerous treasures, you can also have a bird-eye view of the whole of Lhasa on the top of the palace.
Afternoon visit Jokhang Temple, the first monastery in Tibet. Built in 647, it is glorious with Buddhist prayer wheels, reclining deer and golden sutra streamers. The devout pilgrims praying around the monastery will shock you.
Barkhor Street is the road around Jokhang Temple. It is the best place to buy souvenirs and to see local residence and local people's life.
Overnight in Lhasa
The morning schedule is changeable; you can visit one of the three - Drepung Monastery, Drak Yerpa, Ganden Temple.
Drepung Monastery was built in 1416 by the disciple of Tsongkhapa, the founder of Gelug. Covering an area of 250,000 square meters, it is the largest Tibetan Buddhist temple. In Tibetan language, Drepung means "a pile of rice", symbolizing prosperity and richness. The Buddhist scripture and ancient Tibetan structures are worth a visit.
Drak Yerpa has deep meanings in the Tibetan spiritual culture with long history and beautiful sceneries. As a saying goes, "Lhasa is the spiritual heart of Tibet, Drak Yerpa is the spiritual heart of Lhasa". You can go to Drak Yerpa to enjoy the famous ancient meditation caves.
Ganden Temple is one of the three great monasteries in Tibet and the top one of six Gelug temples. Build in 1409 by Tsongkhapa, it is the first temple of Gelug sect. Ganden Temple is a good place for you to explore the history of Tibetan Buddhism, especially Gelug sect.
In the afternoon, you are arranged to Sera Temple. Located at the northern suburb of Lhasa, Sara Temple is the latest built among three top monasteries in Lhasa. It is best-known for the monks debating in the afternoon from 3pm to 5pm between Monday to Friday.
Overnight in Lhasa
Drive up to Kambala pass [4794m], which takes about 1.5 hours. At the place, you can have a glimpse of Lake Yamdrok and Mt Nojin Kangsang. As one of the holy lakes in Tibet, Lake Yamdrok lies in the Nagarze County in Shannan Prefecture as a turquoise eardrop of the goddess. It is the largest inland lake in north areas of the Himalayas. You will feel peaceful and pure in front of the lake.
Mt. Nojin Kangsang, one of the holy mountain in Tibet, located between Gyantze County and Nagarzê County. It erects into the sky with a height of 7191 meters. On the snow-capped mountain, you can see the marvolous Karo-la Glacier [5,560 m] . It hangs on the mountain as a huge Thangka.
After then drive to Gyangtze and explore Palkhor Monastery. Located at the foot of Dzong Hill, Palkhor Monastery is best known for its Kumbum. It is a temple coexisting three sects of Tibetan Buddhism - Kadam, Sakya and Gelug. You can appreciate all together over 10,000 figures of Buddha in the monastery.
Late afternoon, drive west towards Shigatse, the second largest city in Tibet.
Overnight in Shigatse
Morning visit Tashilunpo Monastery, one of the top six Gelugpa temples. Tashilunpo means "the Heap of Glory" in Chinese. It is the official seat of Panchen Lama since the fourth Panchen Lama settled in the temple. You can see many Tibetan Buddhist buildings and monks in the temple.
In the afternoon, you may have a chance to visit Rongbuk Monastery, which takes about 3 hours from Tingri through bumpy road. Although small, Rongbuk Monastery holds one of the best points to see the amazing Mt. Everest. The expense to visit Rongbuk monastery is on your own.
In the evening, you can have a good rest in the guesthouse of Rongbuk Monastery or nomad tent in Everest Base Camp.
Overnight in Tingri
You can get up earlier to enjoy the amazing sunrise at the top of the world. After breakfast, drive to Everest Base Camp, the supply depot for brave climbers and travelers. With a height of 5200 meters, it is about 19 kilometers to the top of the Mt. Everest.
After get touch with the sky on Everest Base Camp, you will go back to Zhangmu in the afternoon.
Overnight in Zhangmu
• The single supplement is not included in the quoted price except single traveler's price.
• Your earlier arrival to Lhasa and later departure from Zhangmu can be adjusted on line; but the extra charge is not included in the original charge.
• We offer hotel upgrade service, you can choose to upgrade all hotels when booking. We only provide Standard Hotel(3-Star) or Comfortable Hotel (4-Star) in this tour, but which hotel you will stay is undefined.
• Not all hotels can provide Standard Triple Room if you want three travelers in single room, they may arrange extra bed service. The additional fee for an extra bed is Single Supplement, and it is included in the final price.
• We choose only centrally located hotels with western standard service and breakfast. However, we can also arrange good location and clean local hotels with lower prices. Please inquiry for details.
• We only offer dorm bed at Rongbuk guesthouse or nomad tent at Everest Base Camp, and 3-Star hotel at Zhangmu.
• All lunch and dinner are not included in the itinerary, the guide will lead you to local restaurants.
• The breakfast is subject to hotels' arrangements, they may offer western food or Western & Chinese Buffet in the morning.
• Child's breakfast is included only when he/she occupy a bed. Otherwise the hotel may charge an extra fee for the breakfast.
• The itinerary can only offer one free airport/railway station pick-up and one free airport/railway station drop-off service on a certain time, no free transfer service for earlier arriving or extension stay.
• Usually, local guide will drop you off at security checkpoint of airport or railway station without guide serve on the flight or train. And the transfer guide may be not the same of that on the tour.
• We do not arrange any shopping stop in this itinerary unless you have special requirements.
• Nepal Visa: After you cross the "Sino-Nepal Friendship Bridge" and enter Nepal, you need clear customs at the Nepal Immigration office. You can apply your Nepal Visa on arrival, usually costs USD 25/person for single entry, which is valid for 15 days. Remember to prepare one passport photo.
• Free pick up at 15:00 and drop-off at 12:00.
• Local English-speaking tour guide, private car and driver service. (walking tour on Day2)
• All necessary Tibet permits based on the listed itinerary (TTB + PSB).
• All personal entrance tickets(also including the sightseeing bus up to Everest Base Camp from Rongbuk).
• Hotel accommodation available in Lhasa, Shigatse, Zhangmu and Tinggri as listed in the itinerary. Dorm bed at Rongbuk guesthouse, or nomad tent at Everest Base Camp.
• Transportation Fee from/to Tibet.
• Meals (Lunch and Dinner; Breakfast at Everest Base Camp).
• Tips to guide and driver (suggestion: normally RMB30-40/per day for guide and driver).
• Personal expenses such as laundry, drinks, internet access, fax, telephone calls etc.
• Optional attractions that are not specified in the itinerary.
• Individual Airport pick-up or drop off at your request.
• Services not mentioned in the itinerary.
• Nepal visa and transportation fee from Zhangmu to Kathmandu.
Cancellation and refund policy for Tours reservation
If you want to cancel your booking or part of it, you must advise us in advance. The letter must be signed by the lead name on the booking and once we receive it you should expect to receive a cancellation letter within 24 hours. If you do not then please contact us to ensure your letter has been received.
To cover the cost of processing your cancellation and to compensate us for the risk that we may not be able to resell your travel arrangements, we make a cancellation charge on the scale shown below. The person who made the booking is responsible for paying this charge. The size of the charge depends on when we receive your cancellation notice or letter or how you would like us to deal with your payment providing that we have received your full payment for the tours.
No Cancellation Fees if written cancellation notice is received more than 30 days prior to tour departure!
Cancellation in advance & Cancellation penalty
More than 30 days, no Cancellation Fee
30-10 days, 50% of the full payment
9-0 days or no show, 100% of the full payment
- Tours of Nearby Areas
- Tours with Similar Price
- You May Also Like
- Top Sales China Tours
- Package Tours with Lhasa