7 Days Kunming, Dali, Lijiang Custom Tour
Duration: 7 Days
Tour Type: Private tour
- 7 days tour of Yunnan is a tour for you to explore mysterious ethnic culture there, consisted of scenery and cultural highlights of Yunnan: get to know ethnic groups like Bai ethnic group of Dali city, Naxi ethnic group of Lijiang city.
- Choose Departure Date
- Price Calendar
- Choose Number of Travelers & Rooms
- Number of Rooms:
- Adult (with Bed)
- Child (with Bed)
- Child (without Bed)
- Choose Hotels
- Upgrade the Hotel-0:
- Day 1, Day 2, All 2 Nights in Kunming
- Day 3, All 1 Night in Dali
- Day 4, Day 5, Day 6, All 3 Nights in Lijiang
Arrive in Kunming. Pick up at Airport/Hotel/Railway Station in Kunming. Visit West Hill (extra CNY25 for one way cable car, CNY5 for shuttle vehicle at your own expense and Village of Ethnic Culture.
This tour starts around 2:00pm. So make sure you arrive in Kunming before 2:00pm.
The guide picks you up at the airport/hotel/train station in Kunming upon your arrival.
After a short break, you are driven to the West Hill, a sleeping beauty lying at the bank of Lake Dianchi. A cable car is available to take you up to the Dragon Gate (extra CNY25 for one way cable car, CNY5 for shuttle vehicle at your own expense) where boasts the largest Taoism grotto in Yunnan as well as the best place to have a bird’s view of Lake Dianchi.
Then you are guided to the Village of Ethnic Culture for exploring the diversified national culture, experiencing the rich folk customs and enjoying the special ethnic delicacies.
The visit of today comes to an end and you are transferred to your hotel in Kunming to have a good rest.
Today, an excursion trip to the Stone Forest (86km and 1 hour and 20 minutes drive from downtown Kunming) is arranged in the morning after breakfast. Stone Forest, rated as the first spectacle in world, is a genuine forest constitutes of stones. Known for its magnificence, strangeness and danger, it boasts the most peculiar karst landform with cluster of pinnacles propping up the sky will definitely stun any comers.
Next, you are driven to the Qiongzhu Temple (103km and 1 hour and 40 minutes drive), an ancient Buddhism temple hidden the dense forest. 500 lifelike colorful sculptures of Buddhist arhats make the temple an oriental treasure house.
Then we will head for the Kundu Bar Street to learn the nightlife for Kunming people. It is also a top rated night market where offers various kinds of local food. You can choose a teahouse to have a sip of Pu'er tea.
Upon your arrival in Dali in the morning, you are driven to your hotel firstly for a short break.
After lunch, we will head for a local handcraft manufactory to learn the process of making Tie Dying Cloth with Wax.
Later, you can pay a visit to the house of Bai People in Xizhou Ancient Town where you will be treated with San Dao Cha (three-course tea of Bai People) as their custom for welcoming guests.
Afterward, you are guided to visit the Dali Ancient City, a famous historical and cultural city which is characterized by well-preserved Ming and Qing style houses. You can walk to the Foreign Tourist Street where scatters many western restaurants, café and shops titled with English words.
Today, continue the tour to Lijiang, an old city lying in the foot of Jade Dragon Snow Mountain. After a short break in the hotel, the Lijiang tour starts with the first stop to wander on Square Street, the core of Lijiang Old Town. Once was a trading place on the Ancient Tea Horse Road, it is still as bustling as before where assembles local snack vendors and souvenir shops.
Then you are guided to explore the Lijiang Old Town, a famous well-preserved town filled up with ethnic culture. Strolling along the cobbled streets lined with old buildings, you can eat the local snacks at the vendors, buy handicrafts in the shops and pay a visit to the local Naxi family.
Mu Family Mansion, the must-see attraction in Lijiang Old Town, was the residence of the highest leader of Naxi nationality, with an eclectic mix of Naxi, Bai and Tibetan architecture.
Today we will continue the Lijiang tour. After breakfast, we will head for the Black Dragon Pool, a famous pond in the Yuquan Park. The water in the pool is as crystal as jade in which you can see the inverted reflection of the magnificent Jade Dragon Snow Mountain.
The next attraction to visit is the Dongba Museum. Through exhibiting many scenes, including sacrificial ceremony, religious rituals and daily life of old people, it exhibits the profound Naxi culture. Then, you are guided to view the process of Dongba Paper in the local workshop.
Lastly, we will move to the peaceful Shuhe Naxi Village where dwells with Naxi people who still live in their traditional way. In the evening, there is ancient Naxi Music show performed in the town (extra CNY50-100/person to see the show).
Early in the morning, you are driven to the Jade Dragon Snow Mountain, the holy mountain for Naxi people. It boasts the beautiful snow-covered and fog-enlaced scenes which you can appreciate on the way to the mountain from a distance. You can take a cable car (round trip cable car included) up to the Yak Meadow, another realm where offers the panoramic view of 13 peaks of the Jade Dragon Snow Mountain.
Next we will visit two attractions at the foot of the Jade Dragon Snow Mountain, Jade Water Village and Yufeng Lamasery.
Jade Water Village, the basement to inherit Dongba culture, has reserved the traditional primitive landscape of Naxi nationality. There are rich featured ethnic views, such as folded waterfalls, ancient trees, springs, mural gallery and temple.
Yufeng Lamasery, a famous lamasery in Lijiang, is a typical quadrangle dwelling consists of gate house, main hall and left and right wing-yards. In the yard grows many camellias, adding a lot of colors to the lamasery.
The last stop is the Mural in Baisha Village, a component of the world cultural heritage in Lijiang. Diverse patterns on the stiff illustrate the detailed culture of Dongba which mingles Buddhism, Taoism and Lamaism into one picture.
• The single supplement is not included in the quoted price except single traveler's price.
• Your early arrival to Kunming can be adjusted on line; but the extra charge is not included in the original charge.
• The quoted price contains Standard Tour Class lodging, and we offer hotel upgrade service. You can choose to upgrade hotel when booking, the price will change accordingly.
• Not all hotels can provide Standard Triple Room if you want three travelers in single room, they may arrange extra bed service. The additional fee for an extra bed is Single Supplement, and it is included in the final price.
• We choose only centrally located hotels with western standard service and breakfast. However, we can also arrange good location and clean local hotels with lower prices. Please inquiry for details.
• The breakfast is subject to hotels' arrangements, they may offer western food or Western & Chinese Buffet in the morning.
• Child's breakfast is included only when he/she occupy a bed. Otherwise the hotel may charge an extra fee for the breakfast.
Lunch and Dinner (Optional)
• The original price excludes lunch and dinner unless particular illustration. Usually, dinner and lunch are optional Chinese food with local flavor, and the meal price is charged based on the group size.
• If you have some preferences on meals such as vegetarian meal and diabetic meal, please make us know in Special Requirements.
• Please also fill the Special Requirements if you want other choices such as Hindu meal, Halal food or Western food, etc. You are suggested to uncheck lunch and dinner when booking. We will try to arrange it and your meal price is charged by the local restaurant.
• Our guide will lead you to your favorite restaurants when you don't select meals, the meal fee is at your own. Besides, your group should pay an extra 100RMB per day in cash to the driver and guide.
• We offer free airport/railway station transfer service as specified in the itinerary. As for earlier arrival or later departure, you will be charged a bit of service fee and guide service is not provided. Please provide train/flight number, arrival time and contact information in Special Requirements.
• Usually, local guide will drop you off at security checkpoint of airport or railway station. And the transfer guide may be not the same of that on the tour.
• We promise to offer flights operated by major airlines such as Air China, China Southern Airlines, China Eastern Airlines and Hainan Airline, etc. or local big airlines such as Shenzhen Airlines, Xiamen Airlines, Sichuan Airlines, Shanghai Airlines and Shandong Airlines and so forth. And the aircraft type is Airbus A3XX Series or Boeing 7-Series. Any change due to objective cause, we will ask your permission in advance.
• Children, between 2 to 12 years old and under 1.3 meters (4.3 feet), can get discount.
• Airport and hotel pick-up and drop-off service in Kunming, Dali and Lijiang.
• Breakfast listed in the itinerary.
• Local English-speaking tour guide, private coach and driver service listed in the itinerary.
• The admission tickets for scenic spots listed in the itinerary.
• Service charge and government taxes.
• Hotel accommodation listed in the itinerary.
• Air-ticket Kunming/Dali and Lijiang/kunming.
Cancellation and refund policy for Tours reservation
If you want to cancel your booking or part of it, you must advise us in advance. The letter must be signed by the lead name on the booking and once we receive it you should expect to receive a cancellation letter within 24 hours. If you do not then please contact us to ensure your letter has been received.
To cover the cost of processing your cancellation and to compensate us for the risk that we may not be able to resell your travel arrangements, we make a cancellation charge on the scale shown below. The person who made the booking is responsible for paying this charge. The size of the charge depends on when we receive your cancellation notice or letter or how you would like us to deal with your payment providing that we have received your full payment for the tours.
No Cancellation Fees if written cancellation notice is received more than 30 days prior to tour departure!
Cancellation in advance & Cancellation penalty
More than 30 days, no Cancellation Fee
30-10 days, 50% of the full payment
9-0 days or no show, 100% of the full payment
- Tours of Nearby Areas
- Tours with Similar Price
- You May Also Like
- Top Sales China Tours
- Package Tours with Lijiang