5 Days Shanghai Classic Tour with Suzhou & Water Town of Zhouzhuang
Duration: 5 Days
Tour Type: Private tour
- This tour definitely makes you shocked at the charm of Suzhou renowned for its beautiful scenery and elegant gardens. You will appreciate the Ancient Town of Zhouzhuang enjoying the title of 'an incomparable ancient book'. In order to taste its unique beauty, you need discard the bustle and fickleness and leisurely admire the view to pursue the true meaning as you peruse a book in flickering candle. Later you will enter into the modern breath of cosmopolitan city and marvel at the magic of Shanghai.
- Choose Departure Date
- Price Calendar
- Choose Number of Travelers & Rooms
- Number of Rooms:
- Adult (with Bed)
- Child (with Bed)
- Child (without Bed)
- Choose Hotels
Arrive in Shanghai. Pick up at Airport/Hotel/Railway Station in Shanghai. Visit Nanjing Road, The Bund, Xintiandi Area.
The tour starts at around 2:00pm and please make sure you arrive in Shanghai before 1:00pm. The guide will help you to make hotel check-in or arrange free activities if you arrive earlier.
The guide will greet you at the airport, railway station or hotel in Shanghai.
Then go to the most attractive places in Shanghai - Nanjing Road and the Bund. Nanjing Road is one of the most prosperous walking streets in Shanghai, with as length of 1,200 meters. You can ramble along the road to enjoy the old unique buildings on both sides, or go shopping of famous brands, high-grade goods and new fashions.
The Bund is a most famous attractive place in Shanghai on the waterside of Huangpu River, featuring the most representative architectural buildings of European style. In addition, you can see the landmarks of Shanghai on the Bund - Oriental Pearl Tower and Jinmao Tower.
After then move to Xintiandi Area, a re-organized area on the basis of Shikumen architectural structures. Harmoniously combining the modern and old of Shanghai, Xintiandi Area has been a well-known center of business, entertainment, culture and catering.
Morning drive to Suzhou and visit Tiger Hill. As a famous Chinese savant once said, "It is a pity if people go to Suzhou without traveling Tiger Hill.", The Tiger Hill has been the symbol of Suzhou. Apart from charming natural sceneries, you can also enjoy the historical and cultural sites.
Suzhou is known as the city of gardens and the Humble Administrator's Garden is honored the best among these gardens. Strolling around the garden, you will be deeply attracted to its small islands, bamboo houses, pinaster hillock and curvy water.
Morning transfer to Zhouzhuang from Suzhou. Today's highlight is the Ancient Town of Zhouzhuang, which is reputed as the No.1 water town of China. Build in Ming (1368-1644) and Qing (1644-1912) Dynasties, the ancient town has a history of over 900 years. It becomes a treasure of China because of time-honored residences, rich Wu culture, fascinating waterside sceneries and simple folk customs. You can take a cruise (cruise tickets not included) and enjoy the stone arch bridges and the old-aged buildings and streets.
After a whole day Zhouzhuang tour, you will be transferred back to Shanghai.
In the morning, move to the Jade Buddha Temple, a hot Buddhist destination in Shanghai. The temple was built in 1918 with the style of Song Dynasty. You can appreciate the typical Buddhist buildings, ancient status, Buddhist sutras, etc.
Then you will go to the Shanghai Museum, one of the top four museums in China. Covering an area of 2,800 square meters, it holds over 120,000 pieces of cultural relics. You will see numerous treasures in the museum such as bronze wares, chinawares, calligraphies and paintings, etc.
After lunch, you are arranged to the Town God Temple and the Yuyuan Garden. The Town God Temple refers to a Taoist temple and its around streets where you can have a feast of local flavors.
Near to the Town God Temple, Yuyuan Garden is the "mother of Chinese private gardens". Known as the No.1 among top four Suzhou gardens, it attracts people with exquisite buildings, elegant artistic style and enchanting sceneries. You can stroll around the garden and discover the amazing beauty of it.
In the evening, take a cruise on Huangpu River (cruise tickets included), which is considered the mother river of Shanghai. Sitting on the boat and enjoying the gorgeous buildings with colorful lights is one of the valuable things in Shanghai. You can also have a glimpse of the outer appearance of Oriental Pearl TV Tower.
• The single supplement is not included in the quoted price except single traveler's price.
• Your earlier arrival to and later departure from Shanghai can be adjusted on line; but the extra charge is not included in the original charge.
• The quoted price contains Standard Tour Class lodging, and we offer hotel upgrade service. You can choose to upgrade hotel when booking, the price will change accordingly.
• Not all hotels can provide Standard Triple Room if you want three travelers in single room, they may arrange extra bed service. The additional fee for an extra bed is Single Supplement, and it is included in the final price.
• We choose only centrally located hotels with western standard service and breakfast. However, we can also arrange good location and clean local hotels with lower prices. Please inquiry for details.
• The breakfast is subject to hotels' arrangements, they may offer western food or Western & Chinese Buffet in the morning.
• Child's breakfast is included only when he/she occupy a bed. Otherwise the hotel may charge an extra fee for the breakfast.
Lunch and Dinner (Optional)
• The original price excludes lunch and dinner unless particular illustration. Usually, dinner and lunch are optional Chinese food with local flavor, and the meal price is charged based on the group size.
• If you have some preferences on meals such as vegetarian meal and diabetic meal, please make us know in Special Requirements.
• Please also fill the Special Requirements if you want other choices such as Hindu meal, Halal food or Western food, etc. You are suggested to uncheck lunch and dinner when booking. We will try to arrange it and your meal price is charged by the local restaurant.
• Our guide will lead you to your favorite restaurants when you don't select meals, the meal fee is at your own. Besides, your group should pay an extra 100RMB per day in cash to the driver and guide.
• We offer free airport/railway station transfer service as specified in the itinerary. As for earlier arrival or later departure, you will be charged a bit of service fee and guide service is not provided. Please provide train/flight number, arrival time and contact information in Special Requirements.
• Usually, local guide will drop you off at security checkpoint of airport or railway station. And the transfer guide may be not the same of that on the tour.
• This itinerary contains 3 shopping stops on the way, selling featured local specialties or souvenirs. Usually, you will spend 30-40 minutes in each store, and shopping or not is of your free will.
• Children, between 2 to 12 years old and under 1.3 meters (4.3 feet), can get discount.
• Airport and hotel pick-up and drop-off service in Shanghai and Suzhou.
• Breakfast listed in the itinerary.
• Local English-speaking tour guide, private coach and driver service listed in the itinerary.
• The admission tickets for scenic spots listed in the itinerary.
• Service charge and government taxes.
• Hotel accommodation listed in the itinerary.
• Personal expenses such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone call, optional activities, etc.
• Tips for local tour guide and driver.
• Meals (L & D).
• Single room supplement.
• Cruise ticket (such as in Zhouzhuang), cable car and sightseeing bus unless explained specially.
• Services not mentioned in the itinerary.
Cancellation and refund policy for Tours reservation
If you want to cancel your booking or part of it, you must advise us in advance. The letter must be signed by the lead name on the booking and once we receive it you should expect to receive a cancellation letter within 24 hours. If you do not then please contact us to ensure your letter has been received.
To cover the cost of processing your cancellation and to compensate us for the risk that we may not be able to resell your travel arrangements, we make a cancellation charge on the scale shown below. The person who made the booking is responsible for paying this charge. The size of the charge depends on when we receive your cancellation notice or letter or how you would like us to deal with your payment providing that we have received your full payment for the tours.
No Cancellation Fees if written cancellation notice is received more than 30 days prior to tour departure!
Cancellation in advance & Cancellation penalty
More than 30 days, no Cancellation Fee
30-10 days, 50% of the full payment
9-0 days or no show, 100% of the full payment
- Tours of Nearby Areas
- Tours with Similar Price
- You May Also Like
- Top Sales China Tours
- Package Tours with Shanghai