4 Days Classic Xi'an Tour & Ancient Tombs
Duration: 4 Days
Tour Type: Private tour
- Classic Xi'an and tomb routes, including Terracotta Army, Big Wild Goose Pagoda and so on, learn about Chinese first Empress Wu and her tomb - Qianling Mausoleum, imagine the rise and fall of this large feduel kingdom governed by this Female.
- +86 29
- Ask a Question
- Choose Departure Date
- Price Calendar
- Choose Number of Travelers & Rooms
- Number of Rooms:
- Adult (with Bed)
- Child (with Bed)
- Child (without Bed)
Arrive in Xian. Pick up at Airport/Hotel/Railway Station in Xian. Visit Forest of Stone Steles Museum, Xian City Wall. After enjoy the Dumpling Banquet, transfer to appreciate the Tang Dynasty Music and Dance Show ( both at your own expense).
This tour ends around 1:00pm.
This tour usually starts after 8:30am but you can still have a relaxed pattern as long as you arrive in Xi’an before 11:00am.
The guide will greet you at your hotel and then hide for the Forest of Stone Steles Museum. The museum is a cultural treasure house where collects the largest number of stone steles in China. There are more than 11,000 pieces of cultural relics, including 134 pieces of national cultural relic and 535 first-class culture relics. Over 1,000 pieces stone steles deriving from Han Dynasty to Qing Dynasty are displayed for tourist.
Next you will proceed to visit the Xi'an City Wall, an extension of the old Tang Dynasty structure which has witnessed the ups and downs of Tang Dynasty (618-907). For hundreds of years, it is still as solid as a mountain, forming a rectangle with a circumference of 14km. Each year during the Spring Festival, Lantern Show is held on the city walls.
Afterward you are arranged to enjoy the local Dumpling Banquet firstly and then transfer to appreciate the Tang Dynasty Music and Dance Show ( both at your own expense).
Then you will be transferred to your hotel and the rest of the day is free for you.
In the morning, the guide will pick you up at your hotel and transfer you to the Terracotta Army (35km from Xi’an) to explore the history of the first emperor in China, Qin Shihuang. Noted as a great discover in the archaeological history, it is a subordinate funeral pit of Qin Shihuang Tomb. Currently, there pits are excavated with a good number of figures of warriors and horses, presenting the perpetually vigilant force standing guard over an ancient imperial necropolis. All of them are opened to the public.
Afterward you will be driven to the Big Wild Goose Pagoda (ticket to the pagoda not included), one of the most famous Buddhist pagodas in China, which was built during the Tang Dynasty to house Buddhist scriptures brought back from India by the Monk Xuanzang. It is a 7-storey fortress-like wood-and-brick structure rises to 64.5 meters. You can climb on for a panoramic view of Xi’an.
The last stop of today is the Shaanxi Provincial History Museum, a comprehensive historical museum which epitomizes the glamorous imperial past of Shaanxi. The 370,000 relics collected in the museum, from the simple stone tools during the initial period of ancient people to all kinds of daily implements before 1840.
In the evening, we will drop you off at your hotel.
Early in the morning, your tour begins with the visiting of Qianling Tomb (92 km and 1 hour and 40 minutes drive from Xi’an), the joint resting place of Emperor Gao Zong and his wife Empress Wu Zetian. The ground of the tomb boasts a number of lasrge stone sculptures of animals and officers of the imperial guard. You can see a blanket tablet, which is the famous Wordless Stele for Empress Wu Zetian.
Then you are guided to the Tomb of Princess Yongtai, one of the 17 accompanying tombs of Qianling Tomb. Princess Yongtai was the granddaughter of Emperor Tang Gaozong and Empress Wu Zetian. It features tomb paintings depicting palace servants. There is a pair of stone lions, two pairs of stone human statues and a pair of ornamental columns in front of the tomb.
After the tomb tour, you are driven back to Xi’an.
You can stroll on the Bell and Drum Tower Square and have an exterior view of the towers (ticket to the towers not included), both of the two towers have been the symbol of the city.
Afterward you are guided to visit the Moslem Street, home to the City’s Hui community for centuries. Strolling along the narrow lanes lined with old-mudbrick houses, you will find it the most ideal place to have mouthwatering local snacks and to buy interesting souvenirs.
Then you will be transferred to your hotel.
In the morning, the guide picks you up from your hotel to the Han Yang Ling Museum (23km and 45 minutes drive from Xi’an). Known as the joint resting place of Emperor Jing of Han Dynasty (206BC-220AD) and his wide Empress Wang, the tomb has been extended as a museum. Han Dynasty figurines unearthed from the pits are very impressive for part of them is female.
The tour will come to an end when you are transferred to the Xi'an airport for your flight.
This tour ends around 1:00pm.
• The quoted price contains Standard Tour Class lodging, and we offer hotel upgrade service. You can choose to upgrade hotel when booking, the price will change accordingly.
• Not all hotels can provide Standard Triple Room if you want three travelers in single room, they may arrange extra bed service. The additional fee for an extra bed is Single Supplement, and it is included in the final price.
• Your length of stay in Xi'an listed in our itineraries can be adjusted on line; but the extra charge is not included in the original charge.
• The single supplement is not included in the quoted price except single traveler's price.
• We choose only centrally located hotels with western standard service and breakfast. However, we can also arrange good location and clean local hotels with lower prices. Please inquiry for details.
• The breakfast is subject to hotels' arrangements, they may offer western food or Western & Chinese Buffet in the morning.
• Child's breakfast is included only when he/she occupy a bed. Otherwise the hotel may charge an extra fee for the breakfast.
Lunch and Dinner (Optional)
• The original price excludes lunch and dinner unless particular illustration. Usually, dinner and lunch are optional Chinese food with local flavor, and the meal price is charged based on the group size.
• If you have some preferences on meals such as vegetarian meal and diabetic meal, please make us know in Special Requirements.
• Please also fill the Special Requirements if you want other choices such as Hindu meal, Halal food or Western food, etc. You are suggested to uncheck lunch and dinner when booking. We will try to arrange it and your meal price is charged by the local restaurant.
• Our guide will lead you to your favorite restaurants when you don't select meals, the meal fee is at your own. Besides, your group should pay an extra 100RMB per day in cash to the driver and guide.
• We offer free airport/railway station transfer service as specified in the itinerary. As for earlier arrival or later departure, you will be charged a bit of service fee and guide service is not provided. Please provide train/flight number, arrival time and contact information in Special Requirements.
• Usually, local guide will drop you off at security checkpoint of airport or railway station without guide serve on the flight or train. And the transfer guide may be not the same of that on the tour.
• This itinerary contains 2-3 shopping stops on the way, selling featured local specialties or souvenirs. Usually, you will spend 30-40 minutes in each store, and shopping or not is of your free will.
• Pick-up and drop-off service at airport in Xian.
• Private English-speaking tour guide, driver and car service as indicated in the itinerary.
• The admission tickets for scenic spots listed in the itinerary.
• Service charge and government taxes.
• Three-night hotel accommodation in twin shared room with daily breakfast.
• International flight tickets or train tickets.
• Hotel single room supplement.
• Personal expenses such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone call, optional activities, etc.
• Tips to local tour guide and driver.
• Fees for entry visa to China.
• Cable car, sightseeing bus and cruise unless explained specially.
• Meals (L& D).
• Charges for the Dumpling Banquet and Tang Dynasty Music and Dance Show.
Cancellation and refund policy for Tours reservation
If you want to cancel your booking or part of it, you must advise us in advance. The letter must be signed by the lead name on the booking and once we receive it you should expect to receive a cancellation letter within 24 hours. If you do not then please contact us to ensure your letter has been received.
To cover the cost of processing your cancellation and to compensate us for the risk that we may not be able to resell your travel arrangements, we make a cancellation charge on the scale shown below. The person who made the booking is responsible for paying this charge. The size of the charge depends on when we receive your cancellation notice or letter or how you would like us to deal with your payment providing that we have received your full payment for the tours.
No Cancellation Fees if written cancellation notice is received more than 30 days prior to tour departure!
Cancellation in advance & Cancellation penalty
More than 30 days, no Cancellation Fee
30-10 days, 50% of the full payment
9-0 days or no show, 100% of the full payment
- Tours of Nearby Areas
- Tours with Similar Price
- You May Also Like
- Top Sales China Tours
- Package Tours with Xi'an