4 Days Shanghai Classic Tour with Suzhou Gardens
Duration: 4 Days
Tour Type: Private tour
- This tour offers you the essential sights of Shanghai and Suzhou: touching the modern pulse of the cosmopolitan city - Shanghai on the cruise ship along the Huangpu River; strolling around Suzhou garden to feel the elegant beauty of south China gardens.
- Choose Departure Date
- Price Calendar
- Choose Number of Travelers & Rooms
- Number of Rooms:
- Adult (with Bed)
- Child (with Bed)
- Child (without Bed)
Arrive in Shanghai. Pick up at Airport/Hotel/Railway Station in Shanghai. Visit Nanjing Road, The Bund, Xintiandi Area.
The tour starts at around 2:00pm and please make sure you arrive in Shanghai before 1:00pm. The guide will help you to make hotel check-in or arrange free activities if you arrive earlier.
Our guide will pick you up at Shanghai Airport or Railway Station or Hotel. The guild can help you to check in the hotel or arrange some free sightseeing if you arrive earlier.
In the afternoon, visit Nanjing Road and the Bund.
Walking on the Nanjing Road, "China's No.1 Commercial Street", and you can see old and famous shops and many new international brands along the street, which will tell you what the new vigor is in old Shanghai. Top choice here is for shopping.
Then move to the Bund. 1.5 km long, with east beside the Huangpu River and in the west stands 52 high buildings in various styles built before 150 years ago. This group of classic and modern architecture has been the symbol of Shanghai. The Bund is a must-go place when visiting Shanghai.
After that, go to Xintiandi Area (once as French Concession), the new fashionable landmark of Shanghai. It is the best place to learn historical culture and modern life in Shanghai. It is built on the basis of the old Shanghai folk houses and develops as the western-style bar street. When night falls, it is colorful and filled with romantic western flavor.
In the morning, leave Shanghai to Suzhou, a garden city. Visit Tiger Hill at first, as a famous scenic area, Tiger Hill has a history of 2,500 years, although it is not so high, only 36 meters high, it has beautiful natural landscapes and long historical culture landscape. The most famous spots here are Cloud Rock Pagoda (world's second leaning tower, the symbol of old Suzhou) and Sword Pool (a mysterious place with beautiful legends).
Transfer to downtown to feel the Humble Administrator's Garden, one of the famous four gardens in China. It is typical of gardens in southern China, and it is the largest classical garden in Suzhou.
The last stop today we will ramble along the ancient Beijing-Hangzhou Grand Canal (cruise ticket excluded) at Suzhou section, to feel the profound cultural deposits of ancient canal. Beijing-Hangzhou Grand Canal is world’s oldest, longest and largest-scaled artificial canal.
Later, drive back to Shanghai.
Go on your shanghai tour today. Start with the Jade Buddha Temple in the morning. Built in 1918, Jade Buddha Temple features Song Dynasty-styled architecture, and it is famous for two jade Buddha statues. One is a 1.95-meter-high sitting statue of Sakyamuni engraved with a whole jade, and another one is a reclining statue of 95 centimeters carved with a whole white marble.
Then go to Shanghai Museum. Shanghai Museum is a large-scaled ancient art museum, and one of the big four museums in China. It collects about 120,000 pieces of precious relics, and the most featured ones include bronze wares, porcelain wares, calligraphy and paintings and so on.
In the afternoon, we arrange the Town God Temple and the Yuyuan Garden. Yuyuan Garden is a private garden built in 1559 of Ming Dynasty, which perfectly shows the architecture and design style of Chinese classic garden, and it is reputed as "Pearl of Garden" in southern China. Short distance in the southwest of Yuyuan Garden is old City God Temple. It has a long history, and snacks here are very famous.
And next, you will enjoy romantic night cruise on the Huangpu River (cruise ticket included). Huangpu River is the mother river of Shanghai people. With nightfall, the bright and colorful light on the both banks is so charming. You have chance to have a glimpse at famous Oriental Pearl TV Tower outside (ticket excluded if you want to visit inside).
After breakfast, drive you to the airport or railway station in Shanghai, and see you off.
End of the trip.
• The quoted price contains Standard Tour Class lodging, and we offer hotel upgrade service. You can choose to upgrade hotel when booking, the price will change accordingly.
• Not all hotels can provide Standard Triple Room if you want three travelers in one room, they may arrange extra bed service. The additional fee for an extra bed is Single Supplement, and it is included in the final price.
• Your length of stay in Shanghai listed in our itineraries can be adjusted on line; but the extra charge is not included in the original charge.
• The single supplement is not included in the quoted price except single traveler's price.
• We choose only centrally located hotels with western standard service and breakfast. However, we can also arrange good location and clean local hotels with lower prices. Please inquiry for details.
• The breakfast is subject to hotels' arrangements, they may offer western food or Western & Chinese Buffet in the morning.
• Child's breakfast is included only when he/she occupy a bed. Otherwise the hotel may charge an extra fee for the breakfast.
Lunch and Dinner (Optional)
• The original price excludes lunch and dinner unless particular illustration. Usually, dinner and lunch are optional Chinese food with local flavor, and the meal price is charged based on the group size.
• If you have some preferences on meals such as vegetarian meal and diabetic meal, please make us know in Special Requirements.
• Please also fill the Special Requirements if you want other choices such as Hindu meal, Halal food or Western food, etc. You are suggested to uncheck lunch and dinner when booking. We will try to arrange it and your meal price is charged by the local restaurant.
• Our guide will lead you to your favorite restaurants when you don't select meals, the meal fee is at your own. Besides, your group should pay an extra 100RMB per day in cash to the driver and guide.
• We offer free airport/railway station transfer service as specified in the itinerary. As for earlier arrival or later departure, you will be charged a bit of service fee and guide service is not provided. Please provide train/flight number, arrival time and contact information in Special Requirements.
• Usually, local guide will drop you off at security checkpoint of airport or railway station. And the transfer guide may be not the same of that on the tour.
• Children, between 2 to 12 years old and under 1.3 meters (4.3 feet), can get discount.
• Airport and hotel pick-up and drop-off service in Shanghai.
• Breakfast listed in the itinerary.
• Local English-speaking tour guide, private coach and driver service listed in the itinerary.
• The admission tickets for scenic spots listed in the itinerary.
• Service charge and government taxes.
• Hotel accommodation listed in the itinerary.
Cancellation and refund policy for Tours reservation
If you want to cancel your booking or part of it, you must advise us in advance. The letter must be signed by the lead name on the booking and once we receive it you should expect to receive a cancellation letter within 24 hours. If you do not then please contact us to ensure your letter has been received.
To cover the cost of processing your cancellation and to compensate us for the risk that we may not be able to resell your travel arrangements, we make a cancellation charge on the scale shown below. The person who made the booking is responsible for paying this charge. The size of the charge depends on when we receive your cancellation notice or letter or how you would like us to deal with your payment providing that we have received your full payment for the tours.
No Cancellation Fees if written cancellation notice is received more than 30 days prior to tour departure!
Cancellation in advance & Cancellation penalty
More than 30 days, no Cancellation Fee
30-10 days, 50% of the full payment
9-0 days or no show, 100% of the full payment
- Tours of Nearby Areas
- Tours with Similar Price
- You May Also Like
- Top Sales China Tours
- Package Tours with Shanghai