4 Days Lijiang Tour with Tiger Leaping Gorge and The First Bend of the Yangtze
Duration: 4 Days
Tour Type: Private tour
- Head to Lijiang for the Old City, Tiger Leaping Gorge and the first bend of Yangtze River, where you can enjoy the magnificent beauty of Tiger Leaping Valley; or for Jade Dragon Snow Mountain, the snow-covered and fog-enlaced mountain resembling a jade dragon lying in the clouds.
- Choose Departure Date
- Price Calendar
- Choose Number of Travelers & Rooms
- Number of Rooms:
- Adult (with Bed)
- Child (with Bed)
- Child (without Bed)
Arrive in Lijiang. Pick up at Airport/Hotel/Railway Station in Lijiang. Visit Lijiang Old Town, Square Street.
This tour starts around 2:00pm. So make sure you arrive in Lijiang before 2:00pm.
Transfer to Square Street. Square Street is the center of Lijiang Old Town, once the important market along ancient Tea Route, and the ancient town is based on that. Square Street is wide and radiates to four directions, the each main street has many little lanes, which all paved with bluestones, many characteristic shops, restaurants and bars gather around to form the busiest place in ancient town.
Go on to stroll on the bluestones walkway of the Lijiang Old Town to fell the ethnic Naxi culture. It is one of the famous four ancient towns in China, and one of the two without city wall in China. It is listed as World Culture Heritage. With a history of nearly 1,000 years, Lijiang Old Town is famous for its distinctive ethnic architectures and special Naxi culture.
Morning, leave Lijiang and then drive to Shangri-la. On the way, you will overlook the splendid the First Bend of the Yangtze near Stone Drum Town. The Yangtze River surges down from Qinghai-Tibet Plateau, converging with Lancang River and Nujiang River in Yunnan, when it flows into Shasunbi Village in Shangri-la, it gets a sharp turn to the northeast and forms a “V”-shaped bent. People call this wonder as First Bend of the Yangtze.
Go on the trip to Tiger Leaping Gorge. It is one of the deepest gorges in the world, which is famous for danger. Stretching along 16 kilometers, it stands between two famous mountains with altitude of above 5,000 meters. The river noses down from high, via seven scarps, which is so magnificent. A legend goes that a tiger jumped across the river (the narrowest part of 30 meters wide) in order to escape from hunter, so the name comes. Now you can see a high stone standing on the right of the narrowest part in upper stream of the gorge.
In the evening, you have chance to appreciate Ancient Naxi Music. Ancient Naxi Music was originated in the 14th century, which is the most ancient music in Yunnan and one of the most ancient music in China or world. It is reputed as "Living Fossil" of Chinese traditional music.
In the morning, visit Jade Dragon Snow Mountain (5,596 meters high). As the holy mountain of Naxi People, it is famous for beautiful scenery, mysterious legend and being a virgin peak. It is consisted of 13 high peaks, stretching along 50 km, which is like a silver dragon dancing in the sky. You can go up and down the mountain by cable car (available to Yak Meadow, round trip cable car included) to enjoy the charming view.
Then visit the Dongba Valley of Minorities at the foot of Jade Dragon Snow Mountain. It is a fracture valley lasting for 9 kilometers. Apart from charming natural scenery, Dongba Valley is full of ethnic customs, and there are six ethnic minorities living here. Jiangren Street is the business street packed with ethnic shops to sell ethnic ornaments, fur and decorated articles with Dongba character.
The next stop is Yufeng Lamasery. Lied at the south foot of Jade Dragon Snow Mountain, it is needless to say its sceneries. It is one of famous lamaseries in Lijiang, and what the highlight here is camellia. It is named "King of Camellia". Since early spring to early summer, it blooms about 20,000 flowers, and each one as big as a plate in 5-7 inches.
Then, transfer to Shuhe Naxi Village, it is a part of Lijiang Old Town World Culture Heritage, the well-preserved town along ancient Tea Route and the living specimen of from farming civilization to commercial civilization for Naxi ancients. There you can see famous “Shuhe Eight Sceneries”, besides; learn the historical culture of ancient Tea Route in the museum.
End of the trip.
• The quoted price contains Standard Tour Class lodging, and we offer hotel upgrade service. You can choose to upgrade hotel when booking, the price will change accordingly.
• Not all hotels can provide Standard Triple Room if you want three travelers in single room, they may arrange extra bed service. The additional fee for an extra bed is Single Supplement, and it is included in the final price.
• Your length of stay in Lijiang listed in our itineraries can be adjusted on line; but the extra charge is not included in the original charge.
• The single supplement is not included in the quoted price except single traveler's price.
• We choose only centrally located hotels with western standard service and breakfast. However, we can also arrange good location and clean local hotels with lower prices. Please inquiry for details.
• The breakfast is subject to hotels' arrangements, they may offer western food or Western & Chinese Buffet in the morning.
• Child's breakfast is included only when he/she occupy a bed. Otherwise the hotel may charge an extra fee for the breakfast.
Lunch and Dinner (Optional)
• The original price excludes lunch and dinner unless particular illustration. Usually, dinner and lunch are optional Chinese food with local flavor, and the meal price is charged based on the group size.
• If you have some preferences on meals such as vegetarian meal and diabetic meal, please make us know in Special Requirements.
• Please also fill the Special Requirements if you want other choices such as Hindu meal, Halal food or Western food, etc. You are suggested to uncheck lunch and dinner when booking. We will try to arrange it and your meal price is charged by the local restaurant.
• Our guide will lead you to your favorite restaurants when you don't select meals, the meal fee is at your own. Besides, your group should pay an extra 100RMB per day in cash to the driver and guide.
• We offer free airport/railway station transfer service as specified in the itinerary. As for earlier arrival or later departure, you will be charged a bit of service fee and guide service is not provided. Please provide train/flight number, arrival time and contact information in Special Requirements.
• Usually, local guide will drop you off at security checkpoint of airport or railway station. And the transfer guide may be not the same of that on the tour.
• Children, between 2 to 12 years old and under 1.3 meters (4.3 feet), can get discount.
• Airport and hotel pick-up and drop-off service in Lijiang.
• Breakfast listed in the itinerary.
• Local English-speaking tour guide, private coach and driver service listed in the itinerary.
• The admission tickets for scenic spots listed in the itinerary.
• Service charge and government taxes.
• Hotel accommodation listed in the itinerary.
Cancellation and refund policy for Tours reservation
If you want to cancel your booking or part of it, you must advise us in advance. The letter must be signed by the lead name on the booking and once we receive it you should expect to receive a cancellation letter within 24 hours. If you do not then please contact us to ensure your letter has been received.
To cover the cost of processing your cancellation and to compensate us for the risk that we may not be able to resell your travel arrangements, we make a cancellation charge on the scale shown below. The person who made the booking is responsible for paying this charge. The size of the charge depends on when we receive your cancellation notice or letter or how you would like us to deal with your payment providing that we have received your full payment for the tours.
No Cancellation Fees if written cancellation notice is received more than 30 days prior to tour departure!
Cancellation in advance & Cancellation penalty
More than 30 days, no Cancellation Fee
30-10 days, 50% of the full payment
9-0 days or no show, 100% of the full payment
- Tours of Nearby Areas
- Tours with Similar Price
- You May Also Like
- Top Sales China Tours
- Package Tours with Lijiang