4 Days Chengdu, Dujiangyan Irrigation System, Mt. Qingchengshan
Duration: 4 Days
Tour Type: Private tour
- An adventure to see Dujiangyan Irrigation System - China's oldest irrigation system, Mt. Qingchengshan - famous mountain of Taoism, unsolved mysteries of Sanxingdui Ruins as well as China's treasure Giant Pandas.
- Choose Departure Date
- Price Calendar
- Choose Number of Travelers & Rooms
- Number of Rooms:
- Adult (with Bed)
- Child (with Bed)
- Child (without Bed)
Arrive in Chengdu. Pick up at Airport/Hotel/Railway Station in Chengdu. Visit Du Fu Cottage, Wuhou Memorial Temple.
You are expected to arrive in Chengdu before the tour starts around 11:00am.
The guide will greet you at the airport/hotel/train station in Chengdu, and then drive you to our first stop, Wuhou Memorial Temple. Rated as the "holy land of the Three Kingdom", it is the only combined memorial temple for a ruler and his minister in China as well as the most popular memorial site of Liu Bei and Zhu Geliang.
Then we will drive to the west suburb of Chengdu to visit the Du Fu Cottage, a famous museum in honor of the great realistic poet in Tang Dynasty, Du Fu. Du Fu Cottage was extended from an original thatched hut where Du Fu lived for 4 years. At present, a good number of works created by Du Fu are housed in the cottage.
Later, you are escorted to your hotel in Chengdu.
Today, an excursion trip to Dujiangyan Irrigation System (68km and 1 hour from downtown Chengdu) is arranged in the morning. Constructed in 256BC by Li Bing and his son, it is not only a magnificent hydro-junction but also a famous place of interest where boasts beautiful natural landscape and numerous historic relics. You will be shocked by the featured irrigation system without dam which is still functioning to distribute waters of the Min River to the farmland of the Chengdu Plain.
Then we proceed to the Mt. Qingcheng (20km and 40 minutes from Dujiangyan), a famed Taoism mountain hidden in lush trees. A cruise on the mirror-like Lake Yuecheng (cruise ticket included) is arranged for you to enjoy the picturesque natural landscape. After landing from the boat, we will take a cable car up to the Mt. Qingcheng to explore profound Taoism culture. You can see many temples and sites along the paths to the peak. The mountain is green all year round, hence the name Mt. Qingcheng.
Later we will go down the mountain by a cable car and then drive back to Chengdu in afternoon.
Today, an interesting tour to get close to the adorable giant pandas is arranged in the morning. After breakfast, we will head for the Chengdu Giant Panda Breeding Research Base, one of the important centers in China for the captive conservation of giant pandas. The natural scenery and man-made landscapes offer a fit home for the giant pandas. You may not help falling in love with these cute creatures when you see they are munching with bamboo, playing or sitting at the playground.
Later we will drive to Guanghan to explore the Sanxingdui Ruins. Discovered in 1980, it is a ruin of the Bronze Age, presenting the earliest known civilization so far. Many unearthed cultural relics are exhibited in museum, such as bronze portrait, bronze wares, pottery, and ivory and so on.
Afterward we drive back to Chengdu.
• The quoted price contains Standard Tour Class lodging, and we offer hotel upgrade service. You can choose to upgrade hotel when booking, the price will change accordingly.
• Not all hotels can provide Standard Triple Room if you want three travelers in single room, they may arrange extra bed service. The additional fee for an extra bed is Single Supplement, and it is included in the final price.
• Your length of stay in Chengdu listed in our itineraries can be adjusted on line; but the extra charge is not included in the original charge.
• The single supplement is not included in the quoted price except single traveler's price.
• We choose only centrally located hotels with western standard service and breakfast. However, we can also arrange good location and clean local hotels with lower prices. Please inquiry for details.
• The breakfast is subject to hotels' arrangements, they may offer western food or Western & Chinese Buffet in the morning.
• Child's breakfast is included only when he/she occupy a bed. Otherwise the hotel may charge an extra fee for the breakfast.
Lunch and Dinner (Optional)
• The original price excludes lunch and dinner unless particular illustration. Usually, dinner and lunch are optional Chinese food with local flavor, and the meal price is charged based on the group size.
• If you have some preferences on meals such as vegetarian meal and diabetic meal, please make us know in Special Requirements.
• Please also fill the Special Requirements if you want other choices such as Hindu meal, Halal food or Western food, etc. You are suggested to uncheck lunch and dinner when booking. We will try to arrange it and your meal price is charged by the local restaurant.
• Our guide will lead you to your favorite restaurants when you don't select meals, the meal fee is at your own. Besides, your group should pay an extra 100RMB per day in cash to the driver and guide.
• We offer free airport/railway station transfer service as specified in the itinerary. As for earlier arrival or later departure, you will be charged a bit of service fee and guide service is not provided. Please provide train/flight number, arrival time and contact information in Special Requirements.
• Usually, local guide will drop you off at security checkpoint of airport or railway station. And the transfer guide may be not the same of that on the tour.
• Children, between 2 to 12 years old and under 1.3 meters (4.3 feet), can get discount.
• Pick-up and drop-off service at airport/railway station in Chengdu.
• Private English-speaking tour guide, driver and car service as indicated in the itinerary.
• The admission tickets for scenic spots listed in the itinerary.
• Service charge and government taxes.
• Three-night hotel accommodation in twin shared room with daily breakfast.
Cancellation and refund policy for Tours reservation
If you want to cancel your booking or part of it, you must advise us in advance. The letter must be signed by the lead name on the booking and once we receive it you should expect to receive a cancellation letter within 24 hours. If you do not then please contact us to ensure your letter has been received.
To cover the cost of processing your cancellation and to compensate us for the risk that we may not be able to resell your travel arrangements, we make a cancellation charge on the scale shown below. The person who made the booking is responsible for paying this charge. The size of the charge depends on when we receive your cancellation notice or letter or how you would like us to deal with your payment providing that we have received your full payment for the tours.
No Cancellation Fees if written cancellation notice is received more than 30 days prior to tour departure!
Cancellation in advance & Cancellation penalty
More than 30 days, no Cancellation Fee
30-10 days, 50% of the full payment
9-0 days or no show, 100% of the full payment
- Tours of Nearby Areas
- Tours with Similar Price
- You May Also Like
- Top Sales China Tours
- Package Tours with Chengdu