16 Days Silk Road Adventure & Beijing, Xi'an, Shanghai Signature Tour
Duration: 16 Days
- From The Great wall, Fobbiden City, Terracotta Army, to Dunhuang, the homeland of fruits and singing and dancing - Xinjiang, and the Bund in Shanghai, you will have great joy and relaxation on your modern way on the ancient Silk Road.
- Choose Departure Date
- Price Calendar
- Choose Number of Travelers & Rooms
- Number of Rooms:
- Adult (with Bed)
- Child (with Bed)
- Child (without Bed)
- Choose Hotels
- Upgrade the Hotel-0:
- Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, All 3 Nights in Beijing
- Day 4, Day 5, All 2 Nights in Xi'an
- Day 6, Day 7, All 2 Nights in Lanzhou
- Day 8, All 1 Night in Xiahe
- Day 9, Day 12, All 2 Nights Overnight on the Train
- Day 10, All 1 Night in Jiayuguan
- Day 11, All 1 Night in Dunhuang
- Day 13, All 1 Night in Turpan
- Day 14, Day 15, All 2 Nights in Urumqi
Transfer from Turpan to Urumqi in the afternoon.
Upon arrival, your guide greets you at airport or railway station in Beijing and escorts you to the hotel.
The rest of the day is free for you to explore a young and old city alike, full of contrasts.
After breakfast, visit Tiananmen Square, the largest square of its kind in the world.
Then visit the Forbidden City, also known as Palace Museum, to awe an emperor's life. The Temple of Heaven is the place for imperial rituals and worship.
In the evening, enjoy the famous Roast Duck feast (fees included) which looks brilliantly dark red, shining with oil and with crisp skin and tender meat.
A famous Chinese saying: "Not to Great Wall non-real man". Badaling Great Wall, the most representative part, was promoted as a key national cultural relic, protected under the approval of the State Council in 1961. Lacated in Yanqing County, over 70 kilometers (43 miles) north of Beijing. You can either climb up the Great Wall or take a cable car at your own expense.
Proceed to the Summer Palace, the largest and best-preserved Chinese imperial garden. Enjoy a leisurely walk along the enchanting Lake Kunminghu.
Start with a trip back to the Hutong area by rickshaw to ride through the narrow alleys and passages (rickshaw cruise included). Pay a visit to a traditional Chinese local family, learn more about Chinese culture by trying making Chinese food on your own. Then have lunch there (lunch included).
Take a walk over the Silver Ingot Bridge (Yinding Bridge) to hear the explanation about the different thresholds that mark the entry to the courtyard houses. Then transfer to the airport for the flight to Xi'an (air ticket included).
Xi'an, as one of the oldest cities, was the capital for over 1,000 years and was the starting point of ancient Silk Road. Visit the Great Mosque, one of the most important islam mosques in China, which is a combination of traditional Chinese architecture and islamic art.
Later visit Moslem Street, a famous snack street where you can find lots of mouthwatering local snacks and interesting souvenirs.
Then enjoy a tour to the symbol of Xi'an - the Bell Tower and Drum Tower (ticket to the towers not included).
Today's attractions feature Terracotta Army, one of World Cultural Heritages. The lifelike warriors and horses of Qin Shihuang will sure lead you back to the ancient warring times.
The second stop is Big Wild Goose Pagoda (ticket to the pagoda included), one of the most famous buddhist pagodas in China, which was built in the Tang Dynasty to collect Buddhist scriptures.
Then visit the Xi'an City Wall, an extension of the old Tang Dynasty structure. It's the best preserved ruins of city walls in China.
Enjoy the imperial dumpling banquet (dinner included). After then appreciate the gorgeous Tang Dynasty Music and Dance Show (performance ticket included).
Begin with a visit to the Shaanxi Provincial History Museum before going to the airport for departure to Lanzhou. The Museum is the epitome of Shaanxi's glamorous imperial past.
Fly to Lanzhou and be met by the guide at the airport (air ticket included).
After your arrival in Lanzhou, have a look around the Ancient Water Mill in Waterwheel Park. The Water Mill is a kind of ancient irrigating system.
Today, we will firstly visit the Gansu Provincial Museum for a visit, also named as Galloping Horse. It is a treasure of Gansu Provincial Museum.
Then, spend the rest day at the Binglingsi Grottoes. Binglingsi Grottoes is one of the six famous Buddhist Caves started by some Buddhist monks from as early as the year of 265 - 316, second to Mogao Caves in respect of artistic value.
Visit the Labrang Temple and join the morning devotion. Labrang Temple is the largest Tibetan monastery outside of Tibet province. The architectural layout follows the Tibetan style, while the construction patterns are mostly Tibetan, Han, or a mixture of the two.
Drive back to Lanzhou and take an overnight soft sleeper train to Jiayuguan (train ticket included).
In the morning, go visit Jiayuguan Pass, it is the western starting point of the existing Great Wall of the Ming Dynasty (1368 - 1644) in Gansu Province.
Then visit the Great Wall Museum. The Overhanging Great Wall is an extended part of the Jiayu Pass, and was once an important component in the medieval military defense system.
Lastly, head for the Weijin Art Gallery. Weijin Art Gallery is known as the largest underground art gallery in the world, housing numerous, colorful murals on its cold, stone walls.
Begin today's tour with the Mogao Grottoes, the "World Art Treasure House." It is one of the world's most important sites of ancient buddhist culture.
Visit the Echoing-Sand Mountain, where you can experience a short camel-ride along the Echoing-Sand Mountain to reach the Crescent Spring. The Crescent Spring is named for its shape.
Take an overnight soft sleeper train to Turpan (train ticket included).
Go for Grape Valley. With its shady vineyards and trees, it provides a welcome place of relaxation amidst the hundreds of square miles of sand. You may take a seat under the vintage frames, savor various grapes, enjoy the beautiful Uyghur girls in their ornate costumes, and be fully intoxicated by this refreshing palace of grapes.
Visit Jiaohe Ruins, the best preserved town ruins in China. Road lead clearly through the town and a monastery with statues of the Buddha still stand.
Then to the Karez system, the pride of Turpan, which along with the Great Wall and Grand Beijing-Hangzhou Canal is regarded as the three most important achievements of ancient times.
Today's tour finishes at Sugong Pagoda, the largest Muslim tower in Xinjiang region. Made of brick blocks, the cylindrical body contains carvings of 15 kinds of patterns of Uygur traditional design. The pagoda displays the typical features of Uygur architecture. You have a chance to understand the culture of Islam.
Today, our first destination is Bezeklik Thousand Buddha Caves, whose chiseling work began during the Gaochang Kingdom Period from 499 AD to 640 AD while large constructions were conducted from the 6th century to the 14th century for around 800 years.
You can have a chance to see the Flaming Mountain en route to Urumqi. The whole mountain contains nothing more than reddish slopes and gullies. Later, enjoy a 3-hour drive to Urumqi.
Today, experience one full day at Heavenly Lake, a natural paradise with breathtaking scenery. We can take a cruise on Heavenly Lake, which lies 1980 meters above sea level and is hemmed in by the towering snow-capped Bagda Peak.
The rest of the day or evening is free to stroll around the Erdaoqiao Bazaar or International Bazaar, big markets in Urumqi.
Transfer you to Urumqi airport to prepare for your flight to Shanghai (air ticket included0.
End of service.
• The quoted price contains Standard Tour Class lodging, and we offer hotel upgrade service. You can choose to upgrade hotel when booking, the price will change accordingly.
• Not all hotels can provide Standard Triple Room if you want three travelers in one room, they may arrange extra bed service. The additional fee for an extra bed is Single Supplement, and it is included in the final price.
• Your earlier arrival to Beijing and later departure from Shanghai can be adjusted on line; but the extra charge is not included in the original charge.
• The single supplement is not included in the quoted price except single traveler's price.
• We choose only centrally located hotels with western standard service and breakfast. However, we can also arrange good location and clean local hotels with lower prices. Please inquiry for details.
• The breakfast is subject to hotels' arrangements, they may offer western food or Western & Chinese Buffet in the morning.
• Child's breakfast is included only when he/she occupy a bed. Otherwise the hotel may charge an extra fee for the breakfast.
Lunch and Dinner (Optional)
• The original price excludes lunch and dinner unless particular illustration. Usually, dinner and lunch are optional Chinese food with local flavor, and the meal price is charged based on the group size.
• If you have some preferences on meals such as vegetarian meal and diabetic meal, please make us know in Special Requirements.
• Please also fill the Special Requirements if you want other choices such as Hindu meal, Halal food or Western food, etc. You are suggested to uncheck lunch and diner when booking. We will try to arrange it and your meal price is charged by the local restaurant.
• Our guide will lead you to your favorite restaurants when you don't select meals, the meal fee is at your own. Besides, your group should pay an extra 100RMB per day in cash to the driver and guide.
• We offer free airport/railway station transfer service as specified in the itinerary. As for earlier arrival or later departure, you will be charged a bit of service fee and guide service is not provided. Please provide train/flight number, arrival time and contact information in Special Requirements.
• Usually, local guide will drop you off at security checkpoint of airport or railway station without guide serve on the flight or train. And the transfer guide may be not the same of that on the tour.
• We promise to offer flights operated by major airlines such as Air China, China Southern Airlines, China Eastern Airlines and Hainan Airline, etc. or local big airlines such as Shenzhen Airlines, Xiamen Airlines, Sichuan Airlines, Shanghai Airlines and Shandong Airlines and so forth. And the aircraft type is Airbus A3XX Series or Boeing 7-Series. Any change due to objective cause, we will ask your permission in advance.
• Children, between 2 to 12 years old and under 1.3 meters (4.3 feet), can get discount.
• Airport or hotel pick-up and drop-off service in cities listed in the itinerary.
• Private English-speaking tour guide, driver and car service as indicated in the itinerary.
• The admission tickets for scenic spots listed in the itinerary.
• Service charge and government taxes.
• The air ticket of economic class, taxes and dues for the flights as listed in the itinerary.
• Ticket for soft sleeper trains as indicated in the itinerary.
• Thirteen-night hotel accommodation in twin shared room with daily breakfast.
• Two-day accommodation on the overnight train without breakfast.
• Meals as listed in the itinerary: Dumpling Banquet and Roast Duck.
• International flight tickets or train tickets.
• Hotel room single room supplement.
• Personal expenses such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone call, optional activities, etc.
• Tips to local tour guide and driver.
• Estimated group surcharges for excess baggage.
• Fees for entry visa to China.
• Cable car, sightseeing bus and cruise unless explained specially.
• Meals (L & D) not listed in the itinerary.
Cancellation and refund policy for Tours reservation
If you want to cancel your booking or part of it, you must advise us in advance. The letter must be signed by the lead name on the booking and once we receive it you should expect to receive a cancellation letter within 24 hours. If you do not then please contact us to ensure your letter has been received.
To cover the cost of processing your cancellation and to compensate us for the risk that we may not be able to resell your travel arrangements, we make a cancellation charge on the scale shown below. The person who made the booking is responsible for paying this charge. The size of the charge depends on when we receive your cancellation notice or letter or how you would like us to deal with your payment providing that we have received your full payment for the tours.
No Cancellation Fees if written cancellation notice is received more than 30 days prior to tour departure!
Cancellation in advance & Cancellation penalty
More than 30 days, no Cancellation Fee
30-10 days, 50% of the full payment
9-0 days or no show, 100% of the full payment
- Tours of Nearby Areas
- Tours with Similar Price
- You May Also Like
- Top Sales China Tours
- Package Tours with Beijing