10 Days South China Explorer: Shanghai, Yellow Mountains, Hangzhou, Guilin
End: Hong Kong
Duration: 10 Days
- Starting from Shanghai, stroll along the picturesque West Lake; appreciate the sunrise at the World Natural and Culture Heritage - The Yellow Mountains; enjoy the best waters and mountains of China in Guilin; have a mega shopping in the shopping paradise Hong Kong...This wonderful trip to South China will bring you undescribable joy.
- +86 29
- Ask a Question
- Choose Departure Date
- Price Calendar
- Choose Number of Travelers & Rooms
- Number of Rooms:
- Adult (with Bed)
- Child (with Bed)
- Child (without Bed)
- Choose Hotels
- Upgrade the Hotel-0:
- Day 1, Day 2, All 2 Nights in Shanghai
- Day 3, All 1 Night Overnight on the Train
- Day 4, All 1 Night in hotels on Top of Yellow Mountains
- Day 5, Day 6, All 2 Nights in Hangzhou
- Day 7, All 1 Night in Guilin
- Day 8, All 1 Night in Yangshuo
- Day 9, All 1 Night in Hong Kong
Shanghai is the most modern city in China. Our tour guide meets you at the Airport/Railway Station in Shanghai and escorts you to the hotel.
The rest of the day is free for you to spend how you please.
After breakfast, drive to the Shanghai Museum, the exterior design of the round dome and the square base symbolizes the ancient idea of a round heaven and a square land.
Walk along the Bund and enjoy the view of Huangpu River, the Bund houses 52 buildings of various architectural styles, which have been regarded as some of the most recognizable architectural symbols of Shanghai.
Take a night cruise (ticket included) on Huanpu River to enjoy the beautiful night of the mordern Shanghai.
Enjoy a small tour to the Oriental Pearl TV Tower (exterior view, ticket to the tower not included), a landmark of Shanghai.
After breakfast, drive to Yuyuan Garden, which has the exquisite layout, beautiful scenery, and the artistic style of Chinese private gardens.
Explore the Town God Temple (Chenghuangmiao), a Taoist Temple. The street is also known as Old Chenghuangmiao, where you cannot miss typical Shanghai snacks such as steamed stuffed buns.
Have a look around the bustling shopping district of Nanjing Road, the main shopping street of Shanghai, China, and is one of the world's busiest shopping streets.
Ramble around the spectacular People's Square located in the heart of the city.
Strolling along Xintiandi Area, which was built and re-orgnized on the basis of Shanghai's unqiue characteristics-Shikumen architectural structures, is well-known as a new stylish pedestrain street for Cuisines, Commerce, Entertainment and Culture tourism spot.
Take a soft sleeper train to Huangshan (train ticket included).
Spend a full day exploring the Yellow Mountains Scenic Area (round trip cable car included). Marvel at the five unique views - the legendary pines, oddly-shaped rocks, phantasmagoric sea of clouds, hot springs and winter snows. You have no wish to visit any other mountains after viewing the Five Mountains You do not even wish to visit them after you come back from a trip to Huangshan Mountain. Stay overnight in the hotel located on the top of the mountains.
Get up early in the morning to appreciate the magical sunrise before going down the mountain.
Then visit Tunxi Ancient Street , which is paved with maroon stone slabs and typical ancient buildings stand on both sides. This old trading street is lined up with shops where you can find antiques, green tea of Maofeng and ink stones,etc.
Drive to Hangzhou in the afternoon.
Start today's tour by cruising on the West Lake (cruise ticket included), the symbol of Hangzhou. It's one of the most famed tourist attractions in China. The islets and temples, pavilions and gardens, causeways and arched bridges of this jade-like lake have constituted the supreme example of lakeside beauty in China. See the Red Carp Pond, one of the ten places of interests at West Lake with countless carps living here.
Head for the Lingyin Temple, one of the most prestigious Buddhist temples in China. Its highlight is the Great Hall with its 65 foot camphor-wood statue of the Buddha.
Appreciate the Feilaifeng Peak with quaint photogenic scene. There are many legends about the peak's name. It is a pure limestone mountain scattered with lots of large stones like a flying dragon, a running elephant, a crouching tiger, and a fleeting monkey. The caves shelter many stone Buddha statues in a variety of poses ranging from standing, to sitting, to sleeping.
Transfer to the airport for your flight to Guilin (air ticket included). One of Guilin's best attractions is the Elephant Trunk Hill, which really looks like an elephant drinking from the river.
Take a cruise on the meandering blue waters of Li River and view the limestone rock formations along the banks (cruise ticket included). You will agree that "Guilin waters and mountains are the most beautiful under heaven. Lunch is served on board.
Go ashore as you arrive in Yangshuo. You can choose to rent a bicycle to tour the countryside of West Street if you want to get a taste of the laidback rural life of the farmers there.
Appreciate Moon Hill and the Big Banyan Tree. Moon Hill is a limestone pinnacle with a moon-shaped hole in the middle.
Big Banyan Tree became famous for its long history, towering beauty and the moving love story of Liu Sanjie.
Then enjoy a local folk dance show of Impression Liu Sanjie (ticket included) before transfer to your hotel in Yangshuo.
Transfer from Yangshuo to Guilin in the morning.
Visit the Reed Flute Cave in the morning. Reed Flute Cave is one of the most egregious underground scenery in China. The cave got its name from the verdant reeds growing outside it, with which people make flutes. Inside this water-eroded cave, you will see a spectacular world of various stalactites, stone pillars and rock formations created by carbonate deposition.
Head for the Fubo Hill (Wave-Subduing Hill), another of Guilin's karst mountains, has one of the most unique and interesting shapes of all the hills around here and contains many interesting sights.
Later take a flight to Hong Kong (air ticket included).
Enjoy a half day tour to Victoria Peak, which is the highest peak on Hong Kong Island and also the best spot to get a bird's eye view of Victoria Harbor and the whole thriving island.
Visit the Aberdeen, the largest satellite town in Hong Kong, attracts lots tourists both at home and abroad. The intriguing fishing life and delicious seafood definitely are quite worthy a visit!
Then visit the sun-drenched Repulse Bay for its relaxed resort-like atmosphere. The crescent-shaped stretch of sand is one of the most beautiful beaches in Hong Kong. The wide, wave-lapped beach is popular with locals and visitors alike and great for sandy strolls at sunset when all is at peace.
Transfer you to Airport/Hotel/Railway Station in Hong Kong.
End of service.
• The quoted price contains Standard Tour Class lodging, and we offer hotel upgrade service. You can choose to upgrade hotel when booking, the price will change accordingly.
• Not all hotels can provide Standard Triple Room if you want three travelers in one room, they may arrange extra bed service. The additional fee for an extra bed is Single Supplement, and it is included in the final price.
• Your earlier arrival to Shanghai and later departure from Hong Kong can be adjusted on line; but the extra charge is not included in the original charge.
• The single supplement is not included in the quoted price except single traveler's price.
• We choose only centrally located hotels with western standard service and breakfast. However, we can also arrange good location and clean local hotels with lower prices. Please inquiry for details.
• The breakfast is subject to hotels' arrangements, they may offer western food or Western & Chinese Buffet in the morning.
• Child's breakfast is included only when he/she occupy a bed. Otherwise the hotel may charge an extra fee for the breakfast.
Lunch and Dinner (Optional)
• The original price excludes lunch and dinner unless particular illustration. Usually, dinner and lunch are optional Chinese food with local flavor, and the meal price is charged based on the group size.
• If you have some preferences on meals such as vegetarian meal and diabetic meal, please make us know in Special Requirements.
• Please also fill the Special Requirements if you want other choices such as Hindu meal, Halal food or Western food, etc. You are suggested to uncheck lunch and diner when booking. We will try to arrange it and your meal price is charged by the local restaurant.
• Our guide will lead you to your favorite restaurants when you don't select meals, the meal fee is at your own. Besides, your group should pay an extra 100RMB per day in cash to the driver and guide.
• We offer free airport/railway station transfer service as specified in the itinerary. As for earlier arrival or later departure, you will be charged a bit of service fee and guide service is not provided. Please provide train/flight number, arrival time and contact information in Special Requirements.
• Usually, local guide will drop you off at security checkpoint of airport or railway station without guide serve on the flight or train. And the transfer guide may be not the same of that on the tour.
• This itinerary contains 5-6 shopping stops on the way, selling featured local specialties or souvenirs. Usually, you will spend 30-40 minutes in each store, and shopping or not is of your free will.
• We promise to offer flights operated by major airlines such as Air China, China Southern Airlines, China Eastern Airlines and Hainan Airline, etc. or local big airlines such as Shenzhen Airlines, Xiamen Airlines, Sichuan Airlines, Shanghai Airlines and Shandong Airlines and so forth. And the aircraft type is Airbus A3XX Series or Boeing 7-Series. Any change due to objective cause, we will ask your permission in advance.
• Airport or hotel pick-up and drop-off service in cities listed in the itinerary.
• Private English-speaking tour guide, driver and car service as indicated in the itinerary.
• The admission tickets for scenic spots listed in the itinerary.
• Service charge and government taxes.
• The air ticket of economic class, taxes and dues for the flights as listed in the itinerary.
• Ticket for soft sleeper train from Shanghai to Huangshan.
• Eight-night hotel accommodation in twin shared room with daily breakfast.
• One-day accommodation on the overnight train without breakfast.
• Meals: a lunch and a dinner on Yellow Mountains,a lunch on board.
• International flight tickets or train tickets.
• Hotel single room supplement.
• Personal expenses such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone call, optional activities, etc.
• Tips to local tour guide and driver.
• Estimated group surcharges for excess baggage.
• Fees for entry visa to China.
• Cable car, sightseeing bus and cruise unless explained specially.
• Meals (L & D) not listed in the itinerary.
Cancellation and refund policy for Tours reservation
If you want to cancel your booking or part of it, you must advise us in advance. The letter must be signed by the lead name on the booking and once we receive it you should expect to receive a cancellation letter within 24 hours. If you do not then please contact us to ensure your letter has been received.
To cover the cost of processing your cancellation and to compensate us for the risk that we may not be able to resell your travel arrangements, we make a cancellation charge on the scale shown below. The person who made the booking is responsible for paying this charge. The size of the charge depends on when we receive your cancellation notice or letter or how you would like us to deal with your payment providing that we have received your full payment for the tours.
No Cancellation Fees if written cancellation notice is received more than 30 days prior to tour departure!
Cancellation in advance & Cancellation penalty
More than 30 days, no Cancellation Fee
30-10 days, 50% of the full payment
9-0 days or no show, 100% of the full payment
- Tours of Nearby Areas
- Tours with Similar Price
- You May Also Like
- Top Sales China Tours
- Package Tours with Shanghai