8 Days Beijing Xi'an Shanghai Classic Tour
Duration: 8 Days
- Starting from Beijing, this tour also takes you to Xi'an and Shanghai, you will gain knowledge of the mysterious history of China in only 8 days. This wonderful experience will make sure you won't miss even a little bit of anything you want to know about China.
- +86 29
- Ask a Question
- Choose Departure Date
- Price Calendar
Wed Dec 11 00:00:00 CST 2013
- Choose Number of Travelers & Rooms
- Number of Rooms:
- Adult (with Bed)
- Child (with Bed)
- Child (without Bed)
- Choose Hotels
- Upgrade the Hotel-0:
- Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, All 3 Nights in Beijing
- Day 4, Day 5, All 2 Nights in Xi'an
- Day 6, Day 7, All 2 Nights in Shanghai
On arrival, our guide will greet you at the airport or railway station in Beijing, and then escort you to the hotel.
You can enjoy the rest of the day at your own arrangement.
After breakfast, visit Tian'anmen Square, the largest square of its kind in the world. It is located in the heart of Beijing, and the ceremony of rising and falling the national flag is the most solemn times every day. There are numerous historical and political events happen here, so it is the historical witness of China's ups and downs.
Then visit the Forbidden City, the largest and most complete wooden architecture complex in the world. It is an ancient architecture masterpiece where there were 24 emperors residing here, and it was the political center of China for 500 years. It is also praised as “a removable museum”, and there are more than 1,800,000 pieces of precious relics that can be moved.
Then go to Temple of Heaven, is the place for imperial rituals and worship. It is a well-preserved temple architecture complex, 5 times as big as Forbidden City. It was a place for emperors in Ming and Qing dynasties (1368-1911) to hold imperial rituals and worship.
In the evening, enjoy the famous Roast Duck feast (dinner included).
After picking up at your hotel, we head for the Great Wall at Badaling (72km and 1.5hours drive from downtown Beijing). As the famous saying goes "He who does not reach the Great Wall is not a real man.” You will be guided to conquer the Great Wall at Badaling where owns breathtaking natural sceneries and several historical sites after you climbing on the walls. Round trip cable car is available for you to view the appealing sights of the Great Wall instead of on foot (round trip cable car not included).
Move on to the Summer Palace, the largest and best-preserved imperial garden in China. You can see the kinds of outstanding ancient architectures around Wanshou Mountain, and sit nearby Lake Kunming to enjoy the water view.
Start with an early trip to ramble through Beijing Hutong by rickshaw (cruise included), Beijing Hutong is the remains of long history, which reflects the historical face of old Beijing. Pay a visit to a local family, and learn more about Chinese culture by trying to cook some Chinese food by yourself. Then have lunch there (lunch included).
Take a walk over the Silver Ingot Bridge (Yinding Bridge) to hear the explanation about the different thresholds that mark the entry to the courtyard houses. It is famous for its vantage position and long history. It is a place full of stories, and you will have different feelings for visiting here every time.
Then fly to Xi'an (air ticket included). Xi'an, as one of the four oldest cities in the world, was the capital for 13 dynasties in ancient China, and also it was the starting point of ancient Silk Road.
Then go to the central area of Xi'an. Visit the Great Mosque, one of the most important Islamic architectures in China. Built in 742, it is an ancient architecture in large scale with long history, and it is a good place to know the religious life of Muslims in Xi'an.
Later visit Moslem Street, a famous snack street with strong Muslim culture. Here is the best place to find local food and buy some souvenirs in local flavor.
Then have an exterior look at the landmark buildings of Xi'an-the Bell Tower and Drum Tower (ticket to the towers not included). The two towers all were built in Ming Dynasty (1368-1644), which both keep the best in same kinds of China. At night the two towers are reflected colorfully and brightly under the light decoration.
In the morning, visit Terracotta Army, World Eighth Wonder. As the tomb of the first Emperor of China, the tomb of Qinshihuang (the founder of Qin Dynasty, 221-206 B.C.) shows its grand scale, magnificent site and masterful art and scientific technique, and it is also famous for abundant treasures. Of which, ancient military battle formations excavated from Terracotta Army pits shock the world, and life-like pottery figurines and bronze chariots are all masterpieces.
Then back to downtown Xi'an to see Big Wild Goose Pagoda (ticket to the pagoda included), the symbol of Xi’an. It was built in 652 to house precious Buddhist sculptures and remains of Sakyamuni, which is the representative of Tang architectures. It is worth mentioning that in north square of Big Wild Goose Pagoda, you can see Asia's largest music fountain.
Then visit the Xi'an City Wall. As an ancient defense system, Xi'an City Wall was extended on the imperial city of Tang Dynasty (618-907). With a history of more than 600 years, it is the most complete ancient fortification survived in China.
Enjoy the imperial dumpling banquet (dinner included). After that, appreciate the gorgeous Tang Dancing Show (performance ticket included) to learn the Tang culture in glorious times.
After breakfast, pay a visit to the Shaanxi Provincial History Museum, a pearl of Xi'an. It collects about 370,000 pieces of historical relics to show long historical culture of Shaanxi and ancient Chinese civilization. Of them, bronze wares from Shang and Zhou dynasties (1600-256 B.C.), pottery figurines, and golden and silver wares and murals of Tang Dynasty are more precious.
Transfer to the airport to head to Shanghai (air ticket included).
After arrival, visit the Nanjing Road, China's No.1 Business Street, and the busiest street in Shanghai in China. It is a place combined fashion and tradition, where you can find world-famous brand shops and old and famous shops in China, and it is viewed as "Paradise for Shoppers".
Then enjoy in Xintiandi Area, the new fashionable landmark in Shanghai. Rebuilt on Shikumen architectures (old Shanghai folk house), it shows romantic flavor. Open-air bars, distinctive Chinese and western restaurants and high-grade boutiques are the favorites of young people and foreign friends. Here is a good place to fell the old and modern Shanghai.
After breakfast, drive to the Shanghai Museum, one of the big four museums in China. It is a Chinese ancient art museum in large scale, covering collections of 120,000 pieces, of which, bronze wares, porcelain wares, calligraphy and paintings are the most featured.
Explore the Town God Temple (Chenghuangmiao), a Taoist Temple. The street is also famous for typical Shanghai snacks. Then, walk into Yuyuan Garden, famous private garden in Shanghai with a history of more than 400 years. The garden remains style in Ming and Qing dynasties, and ancient architectures in the garden are well-designed to match with rockery and pool, which is a pearl of classic garden in southern China.
The next stop is Oriental Pearl TV Tower (ticket to the tower excluded) for its marvelous exterior appearance, one of the landmarks in Shanghai. Opposite the Bund across the Huangpu River (the mother river of Shanghai), it is the sixth highest skyscraper in the world. Climbing up the tower, you can have best view of the whole Shanghai, including beautiful night of the Bund.
End of service.
• The quoted price contains Standard Tour Class lodging, and we offer hotel upgrade service. You can choose to upgrade hotel when booking, the price will change accordingly.
• Not all hotels can provide Standard Triple Room if you want three travelers in one room, they may arrange extra bed service. The additional fee for an extra bed is Single Supplement, and it is included in the final price.
• Your earlier arrival to Beijing and later departure from Shanghai can be adjusted on line; but the extra charge is not included in the original charge.
• The single supplement is not included in the quoted price except single traveler's price.
• We choose only centrally located hotels with western standard service and breakfast. However, we can also arrange good location and clean local hotels with lower prices. Please inquiry for details.
• The breakfast is subject to hotels' arrangements, they may offer western food or Western & Chinese Buffet in the morning.
• Child's breakfast is included only when he/she occupy a bed. Otherwise the hotel may charge an extra fee for the breakfast.
Lunch and Dinner (Optional)
• The original price excludes lunch and dinner unless particular illustration. Usually, dinner and lunch are optional Chinese food with local flavor, and the meal price is charged based on the group size.
• If you have some preferences on meals such as vegetarian meal and diabetic meal, please make us know in Special Requirements.
• Please also fill the Special Requirements if you want other choices such as Hindu meal, Halal food or Western food, etc. You are suggested to uncheck lunch and diner when booking. We will try to arrange it and your meal price is charged by the local restaurant.
• Our guide will lead you to your favorite restaurants when you don't select meals, the meal fee is at your own. Besides, your group should pay an extra 100RMB per day in cash to the driver and guide.
• We offer free airport/railway station transfer service as specified in the itinerary. As for earlier arrival or later departure, you will be charged a bit of service fee and guide service is not provided. Please provide train/flight number, arrival time and contact information in Special Requirements.
• Usually, local guide will drop you off at security checkpoint of airport or railway station without guide serve on the flight or train. And the transfer guide may be not the same of that on the tour.
• This itinerary contains 3-4 shopping stops on the way, selling featured local specialties or souvenirs. Usually, you will spend 30-40 minutes in each store, and shopping or not is of your free will.
• We promise to offer flights operated by major airlines such as Air China, China Southern Airlines, China Eastern Airlines and Hainan Airline, etc. or local big airlines such as Shenzhen Airlines, Xiamen Airlines, Sichuan Airlines, Shanghai Airlines and Shandong Airlines and so forth. And the aircraft type is Airbus A3XX Series or Boeing 7-Series. Any change due to objective cause, we will ask your permission in advance.
• Airport or hotel pick-up and drop-off service in cities listed in the itinerary.
• Private English-speaking tour guide, driver and car service as indicated in the itinerary.
• The admission tickets for scenic spots listed in the itinerary.
• Service charge and government taxes.
• The air ticket of economic class, taxes and dues for the flights as listed in the itinerary.
• Seven-night hotel accommodation in twin shared room with daily breakfast. The breakfast is also offered as you choose extension stay.
• Meals as listed in the itinerary: Roast Duck and Dumpling Banquet.
• International flight tickets or train tickets.
• Hotel single room supplement.
• Personal expenses such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone call, optional activities, etc.
• Tips to local tour guide and driver.
• Estimated group surcharges for excess baggage.
• Fees for entry visa to China.
• Cable car, sightseeing bus and cruise unless explained specially.
• Meals (L & D) not listed in the itinerary.
Cancellation and refund policy for Tours reservation
If you want to cancel your booking or part of it, you must advise us in advance. The letter must be signed by the lead name on the booking and once we receive it you should expect to receive a cancellation letter within 24 hours. If you do not then please contact us to ensure your letter has been received.
To cover the cost of processing your cancellation and to compensate us for the risk that we may not be able to resell your travel arrangements, we make a cancellation charge on the scale shown below. The person who made the booking is responsible for paying this charge. The size of the charge depends on when we receive your cancellation notice or letter or how you would like us to deal with your payment providing that we have received your full payment for the tours.
No Cancellation Fees if written cancellation notice is received more than 30 days prior to tour departure!
Cancellation in advance & Cancellation penalty
More than 30 days, no Cancellation Fee
30-10 days, 50% of the full payment
9-0 days or no show, 100% of the full payment
- Tours of Nearby Areas
- Tours with Similar Price
- You May Also Like
- Top Sales China Tours
- Package Tours with Beijing