16 Days Yunnan Ethnic Tour & Yangtze Cruise (upstream)
End: Hong Kong
Duration: 16 Days
Reversed Itinerary: 15 Days Yunnan Ethnic Tour & Yangtze Cruise (downstream)
- Starting from Shanghai, appreciat the wonderful views of Three Gorges in Yangtze River, walk in Lijiang Old Town, feel the culture of Naxi, get shocked by the magnificence of Yunnan Stone Forest, experience a farmer's life among Guilin Mountains and Waters, enjoy the excitement brought by the mad-shopping in Hong Kong, you will have a relaxed trip in China.
- Choose Departure Date
- Price Calendar
- Choose Number of Travelers & Rooms
- Number of Rooms:
- Adult (with Bed)
- Child (with Bed)
- Child (without Bed)
- Choose Hotels
- Upgrade the Hotel-0:
- Day 1, Day 2, All 2 Nights in Shanghai
- Day 3, Day 4, Day 5, Day 6, All 4 Nights in rooms on Cruise
- Day 7, Day 8, Day 9, All 3 Nights in Lijiang
- Day 10, All 1 Night in Dali
- Day 11, All 1 Night in Kunming
- Day 12, All 1 Night in Guilin
- Day 13, All 1 Night in Yangshuo
- Day 14, Day 15, All 2 Nights in Hong Kong
Upon arrival, your guide greets you at airport of railway station in Shanghai and escorts you to the hotel.
Shanghai is the most modern city in China. The rest of the day is free for personal things.
After breakfast, explore the Town God Temple (Chenghuangmiao), a Taoist Temple. The street is also known as Old Chenghuangmiao, where you cannot miss typical Shanghai snacks such as steamed stuffed buns.
Then, arrive at Yuyuan Garden, which has the exquisite layout, beautiful scenery, and the artistic style of Chinese private gardens.
Walk along The Bund and enjoy the view of Huangpu River, the Bund houses 52 buildings of various architectural styles, which have been regarded as some of the most recognizable architectural symbols of Shanghai.
Drive to visit Oriental Pearl TV Tower (ticket to the tower not included) for its marvelous exterior appearance, the landmark of Shanghai.
At night, take a Huangpu River Cruise (ticket included) to enjoy the beautiful night of modern Shanghai.
Visit Shanghai Museum, the exterior design of the round dome and the square base symbolizes the ancient idea of a round heaven and a square land.
Then visit the Nanjing Road, the main shopping street of Shanghai, China, and is one of the world's busiest shopping streets.
Later, expore the Xintiandi Area, a high-end shopping and dining area in Shanghai.
Take the flight to Yichang (air ticket included). Depart from Yichang at 9:00 p.m, and begin your Yangtze trip on boat
Morning visit Three Gorges Dam site. Sail through the Three Gorges dam shiplocks and Xiling Gorge. Optional Excursion to Tribe of the Three Gorges.
Morning visit Three Gorges Dam site.
Sailing through the Three Gorges Dam shiplocks and Xiling Gorge. At the shiplocks, you'll experience five levels of the water in Three Gorges Dam.
Sail through Qutang Gorge & Wu Gorge and take an excursion to Small Three Gorges or Shennong Stream, the exciting and famous stops in the Yangtze River, they are often called the "highlight" of the cruise, even the whole China trip. You can enjoy canzonet by the boat tracker, and the mysterious culture along the banks.
Disembark Chongqing at 9:00 am. Upon arrival, visit Ciqikou Old Town, an ancient town near the downtown of Chongqing gathered with old streets paved by top-grade stone tablets. On the both sides of the street stand antique houses and shops. The shops sell various artworks like embroidery, Chinese calligraphy and paintings. Also you can find many local snacks, such as deep-fired twisted dough and beef jerky.
Chongqing to Lijiang by Air in the afternoon (air ticket included).
You are escorted to Yuquan Park, where the enormous Black Dragon Pool lies. It provides a haven for bird and water-life, with spectacular plants. Surrounding the pool, within the park's landscape, are ancient monuments such as the Longshen Temple, the Deyue Pavilion, the Suocui Bridge and the Hanyue Stage.
Go to Lijiang Ancient Town, where is full of cobbled streets, crisscrossing canals flowing with water, swaying willow trees and gaily-hued bolssoms. Every so often, a bridge-stone, wooden, flat, arched, roofed-pops up and along it trundles local folk in tranditional dress.
Visit Dongba Museum, which deals with the of the Dongba culture of the Naxi (Nakhi) people.
Reach the Yak Meadow by cable car (ticket included) and enjoy an amazing view.
Visit Jade Dragon Snow Mountain. From a distance the snow-covered and fog-enlaced mountain looks like a dragon flying among the clouds, hence its name. It's considered as the soul of both Lijiang City and Naxi nationality.
Then visit the Dongba Valley of Minorities in Jade Dragon Snow Mountain Valley and Yufeng Lamasery on the slopes of Jade Dragon Snow Mountain.
Visit the Mural in Baisha Village. Paintings there depict stories in Buddhism, Taoism and Lamaism.
Evening entertainment is the Minority Dancing Show of Impression Lijiang (ticket included), a spectacular light-song-dance show directed by the famous film director Zhang Yimou.
Early morning tour features Green Lake Park. Rated as an emerald inlayed in Kunming, Green Lake Park is one of the most inviting parks in Kunming. It features weeping willows and clear water which make the park more appealing in spring.
Later, go to visit Golden Horse and Phoenix Archway, a symbol of Kunming, which is full of Kunming folk characteristics and is also a commercial center.
At last, pay a visit to the Flower and the Bird Market, a good place for sightseeing and acts as a trading center for various kinds of antiques.
Then transfer to Guilin by air (air ticket included). One of Gulin's best attractions is Elephant Trunk Hill, which really looks like an elephant drinking from the river.
Take a cruise on the meandering blue waters of Li River and view the limestone rock formations along the banks (cruise ticket included). You will agree that "Guilin waters and mountains are the most beautiful under heaven. Lunch is served on board.
Go ashore as you arrive in Yangshuo. You can choose to rent a bicycle to tour the countryside of West Street if you want to get a taste of the laidback rural life of the farmers there.
Appreciate Moon Hill and the Big Banyan Tree. Moon Hill is a limestone pinnacle with a moon-shaped hole in the middle.
Big Banyan Tree became famous for its long history, towering beauty and the moving love story of Liu Sanjie.
Then enjoy a local folk dance show of Impression Liu Sanjie (ticket included) before transfer to hotel in Yangshuo.
Transfer to Guilin and visit the Reed Flute Cave in the morning. Reed Flute Cave is one of the most egregious underground scenery in China. The cave got its name from the verdant reeds growing outside it, with which people make flutes. Inside this water-eroded cave, you will see a spectacular world of various stalactites, stone pillars and rock formations created by carbonate deposition.
Head for the Diecai Hill (Folded Brocade Hill). The thin shape of the hill and lush greenery around make it resemble brocaded fabric. The local osmanthus tea (Guihua) is very famous and worth trying.
Flight to Hong Kong in the evening (air ticket included).
Take a half day tour to Victoria Peak, which is the highest peak on Hong Kong Island and also the best spot to get a bird's eye view of Victoria Harbor and the whole thriving island.
Visit the Aberdeen, the largest satellite town in Hong Kong, attracts lots tourists both at home and abroad. The intriguing fishing life and delicious seafood definitely are quite worthy a visit!
Then visit the sun-drenched Repulse Bay for its relaxed resort-like atmosphere. The crescent-shaped stretch of sand is one of the most beautiful beaches in Hong Kong. The wide, wave-lapped beach is popular with locals and visitors alike and great for sandy strolls at sunset when all is at peace.
Transfer to Hong Kong airport or railway station to prepare for your departure.
End of service.
• The quoted price contains Standard Tour Class lodging, and we offer hotel upgrade service. You can choose to upgrade hotel when booking, the price will change accordingly.
• Not all hotels can provide Standard Triple Room if you want three travelers in one room, they may arrange extra bed service. The additional fee for an extra bed is Single Supplement, and it is included in the final price.
• Your earlier arrival to Shanghai and later departure from Hong Kong can be adjusted on line; but the extra charge is not included in the original charge.
• The single supplement is not included in the quoted price except single traveler's price.
• We choose only centrally located hotels with western standard service and breakfast. However, we can also arrange good location and clean local hotels with lower prices. Please inquiry for details.
• The breakfast is subject to hotels' arrangements, they may offer western food or Western & Chinese Buffet in the morning.
• Child's breakfast is included only when he/she occupy a bed. Otherwise the hotel may charge an extra fee for the breakfast.
Lunch and Dinner (Optional)
• The original price excludes lunch and dinner unless particular illustration. Usually, dinner and lunch are optional Chinese food with local flavor, and the meal price is charged based on the group size.
• If you have some preferences on meals such as vegetarian meal and diabetic meal, please make us know in Special Requirements.
• Please also fill the Special Requirements if you want other choices such as Hindu meal, Halal food or Western food, etc. You are suggested to uncheck lunch and diner when booking. We will try to arrange it and your meal price is charged by the local restaurant.
• Our guide will lead you to your favorite restaurants when you don't select meals, the meal fee is at your own. Besides, your group should pay an extra 100RMB per day in cash to the driver and guide.
• We offer free airport/railway station transfer service as specified in the itinerary. As for earlier arrival or later departure, you will be charged a bit of service fee and guide service is not provided. Please provide train/flight number, arrival time and contact information in Special Requirements.
• Usually, local guide will drop you off at security checkpoint of airport or railway station without guide serve on the flight or train. And the transfer guide may be not the same of that on the tour.
• We promise to offer flights operated by major airlines such as Air China, China Southern Airlines, China Eastern Airlines and Hainan Airline, etc. or local big airlines such as Shenzhen Airlines, Xiamen Airlines, Sichuan Airlines, Shanghai Airlines and Shandong Airlines and so forth. And the aircraft type is Airbus A3XX Series or Boeing 7-Series. Any change due to objective cause, we will ask your permission in advance.
• We offer 5-star or above cruise ships during the journey, including Victoria Anna, Victoria Grace, Victoria Lianna, Victoria Selina, etc. And we have the right to arrange the cruise ship for you depending on your departure date. If you want to travel on a date when there is no cruise to book, we will adjust your itinerary or refund you after consulting with you.
• The itinerary on Yangtze Cruise is for your reference, and it is subject to the cruise company’s arrangement.
• We also offer cheaper Yangtze Cruise like the Blue Whale, and the most renowned New Century Cruises. Please fill Tailor-made Travel Form if you prefer the cruises mentioned above.
• Children, between 2 to 12 years old and under 1.3 meters (4.3 feet), can get discount.
• Airport or hotel pick-up and drop-off service in cities listed in the itinerary.
• Private English-speaking tour guide, driver and car service as indicated in the itinerary.
• The admission tickets for scenic spots listed in the itinerary.
• Service charge and government taxes.
• The air ticket of economic class, taxes and dues for the flights as listed in the itinerary.
• Eleven-night hotel accommodation in twin shared room with daily breakfast.
• Four-night accommodation in twin shared room with daily breakfast on cruise.
• Meals: lunches and dinners on cruise, a lunch on board on Li River.
• Boat ticket and tipping for Yangtze Cruise.
• International flight tickets or train tickets.
• Hotel single room supplement.
• Personal expenses such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone call, optional activities, etc.
• Tips to local tour guide and driver.
• Estimated group surcharges for excess baggage.
• Fees for entry visa to China.
• Cable car, sightseeing bus and cruise are not included unless explained specially.
• Meals (L & D) not listed in the itinerary.
Cancellation and refund policy for Tours reservation
If you want to cancel your booking or part of it, you must advise us in advance. The letter must be signed by the lead name on the booking and once we receive it you should expect to receive a cancellation letter within 24 hours. If you do not then please contact us to ensure your letter has been received.
To cover the cost of processing your cancellation and to compensate us for the risk that we may not be able to resell your travel arrangements, we make a cancellation charge on the scale shown below. The person who made the booking is responsible for paying this charge. The size of the charge depends on when we receive your cancellation notice or letter or how you would like us to deal with your payment providing that we have received your full payment for the tours.
No Cancellation Fees if written cancellation notice is received more than 30 days prior to tour departure!
Cancellation in advance & Cancellation penalty
More than 30 days, no Cancellation Fee
30-10 days, 50% of the full payment
9-0 days or no show, 100% of the full payment
- Tours of Nearby Areas
- Tours with Similar Price
- You May Also Like
- Top Sales China Tours
- Package Tours with Shanghai