15 Days Mysterious Tibet Tour & Yunnan Ethnic Group Experience
End: Hong Kong
Duration: 15 Days
- You will stroll around the charming Lijiang Old Town, enjoy the sceneris of Jade Dragon Snow Mountain, visit mysterious Tibet and enjoy the paradise-like view of Guilin.
- +86 29
- Ask a Question
- Choose Departure Date
- Price Calendar
Mon Dec 09 00:00:00 CST 2013
- Choose Number of Travelers & Rooms
- Number of Rooms:
- Adult (with Bed)
- Child (with Bed)
- Child (without Bed)
- Choose Hotels
- Upgrade the Hotel-0:
- Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, Day 5, All 4 Nights in Lhasa
- Day 4, All 1 Night in Shigatse
- Day 6, All 1 Night in Kunming
- Day 7, All 1 Night Overnight on the Train
- Day 8, All 1 Night in Dali
- Day 9, Day 10, All 2 Nights in Lijiang
- Day 11, All 1 Night in Shangrila
- Day 12, All 1 Night in Guilin
- Day 13, All 1 Night in Yangshuo
- Day 14, All 1 Night in Hong Kong
Transfer from Shigate to Lhasa in the afternoon.
Take the flight to Lhasa from Beijing in the morning (air ticket included).
On arrival, transfer to hotel from Airport in Lhasa for check in to generate energy for the high altitude destinations.
Visit the most known Potala Palace, a model of Tibetan architecture. The construction of this massive, beautiful yet forbidding structure was a gigantic undertaking, and it that has bequeathed to the world one of its most unique architectural treasures.
In the afternoon, get to the Jokhang Temple, the spiritual centre of Tibet and the holiest destination for all Tibetan Buddhist pilgrims.
In the Evening, browse through the Barkhor Square, the heart of the local bazaar, enjoy shopping some of the rare traditional specialties of Tibet, such as Tibetan Thangka, Tibetan Medicine, Tibetan Carpet, etc.
Visit Deprung Monastery, the main place where Shoton Festival takes place, to the west of which was where each reincarnation of the Dalai Lama received his training.
Move on to the Norbulingka Park, the Summer Palace of Tibet with the highest gardening level artistic level.
Visit Sera Monastery, one of the Six Big Monasteries of Gelugpa. A most interesting time to visit the monastery is in the afternoon when monks, after finishing their morning scripture classes, can be seen debating in the courtyard. During the remainder time we can visit the carpet factory and enjoy some beautiful Tibetan Carpets.
Leave Lhasa for the Lake Yamdrok, the transformation of a goddess according to local mythology and one of the Three Sacred Lakes in Tibet.
Then drive westward to Gyangtze, stop at Palkhor Monastery, a monastery having the characteristics of Han, Tibetan and Nepali architecture. Palkhor Choede enjoys a high status in Tibet Buddhism history because it houses three sects -Sakyapa, Kadampa and Gelugpa together. Drive west to Shigatse.
Visit the Tashilhunpo Temple, one of the Six Big Temples of Gelugpa in Tibet and the official seat of the Panchen Lama, the chief spiritual and temporal authority of Tsang. The biggest stupa - Stupa tomb of the tenth Panchen Lama is kept there.
Go on to visit the New Palace of Panchen, famous as the summer palace of the tenth Panchen Lama. It greatly mixes both traditional and modern architectural styles.
Later leave Shigatse for Lhasa. Visit the Tibetan family and savor local food.
In the morning, drive to visit Stone Forest, a natural wonder to the southeast of Kunming. The amazing landscape is presented by a lake, caves, vistas of the surrounding countryside and some stone formations that make a forest.
Then, back to visit Green Lake Park. Rated as an emerald inlayed in Kunming, Green Lake Park is one of the most inviting parks in Kunming. It features weeping willows and clear water which make the park more appealing in spring.
Later, go to visit Golden Horse and Phoenix Archway, a symbol of Kunming, which is full of Kunming folk characteristics and is also a commercial center.
At last, pay a visit to the Flower and the Bird Market, a good place for sightseeing and acts as a trading center for various kinds of antiques.
Take a soft sleeper train to Dali (ticket included).
Pick up at Dali Railyway Station and transfer to your hotel for a short break.
Visit Dali Ancient City. Stroll through the Foreign Street, where you can find Chinese and western restaurants, famous tea houses, jewelry shops, antique shops, tie-dyeing cloth shops, galleries and so on.
Then visit Three Pagodas of Chongsheng Temple, the symbol of Dali, are architectural wonders which have withstood more than 10 earthquakes and witness the development of Buddhism.
Transfer to Lijiang. First, visit the Yuquan Park (popularly known as Black Dragon Pool). It is really worth visiting. The mountains in the back, under the clouds, are pretty much attractive.
Then visit Dongba Museum, which deals with the of the Dongba culture of the Naxi (Nakhi) people.
Go to Lijiang Ancient Town, where is full of cobbled streets, crisscrossing canals flowing with water, swaying willow trees and gaily-hued bolssoms. Every so often, a bridge-stone, wooden, flat, arched, roofed-pops up and along it trundles local folk in tranditional dress.
Reach the Yak Meadow by cable car(included) and enjoy an amazing view.
Visit Jade Dragon Snow Mountain. From a distance the snow-covered and fog-enlaced mountain looks like a dragon flying among the clouds, hence its name. It's considered as the soul of both Lijiang City and Naxi nationality.
Then visit the Dongba Valley of Minorities in Jade Dragon Snow Mountain Valley and Yufeng Lamasery on the slopes of Jade Dragon Snow Mountain.
Followed, visit the Mural in Baisha Village. Paintings there depict stories in Buddhism, Taoism and Lamaism.
Evening entertainment is the Minority Dancing Show of Impression Lijiang (ticket included), a spectacular light-song-dance show directed by the famous film director Zhang Yimou.
Transfer to Shangri-La and on your way, visit Tiger Leaping Gorge (Hutiao Gorge), where a tiger jumped across the river at the narrowest point (still 25 meters wide), hence the name.
You can overlook the First Bend of the Yangtze, Yangtze River's extraordinary turn, which creates beautiful and marvelous views that startle the imagination.
Take a morning tour to Lake Shuduhu. Around the lake, there is a dense forest of fir spruce and birch. There lives different wild animals such as musk deer, bear, leopard, golden cat, deer, pheasant etc.
Explore the Lake Bitahai. In the center of the lake stands an islet shaped like a boat sailing in the lake. You will feel intoxicated by the aura, beauty and tranquility.
Fly to Kunming (air ticket included) and then take the flight to Guilin (air ticket included).
Take a cruise on the meandering blue waters of Li River and view the limestone rock formations along the banks. You will agree that "Guilin waters and mountains are the most beautiful under heaven. Lunch is served on board.
Arrive in Yangshuo as you go ashore. You can choose to rent a bicycle to tour the countryside of West Street if you want to get a taste of the laidback rural life of the farmers there.
Appreciate the Moon Hill and the Big Banyan Tree. Moon Hill is a limestone pinnacle with a moon-shaped hole in the middle.
Big Banyan Tree has become famous for its long history, towering beauty and the moving love story of Liu Sanjie.
Then enjoy a local folk dance show of Impression Liu Sanjie (ticket included) before transfer to your hotel in Yangshuo.
Transfer from Yangshuo to Guilin in the morning. First visit one of Gulin's best attractions, the Elephant Trunk Hill, which looks scarily like an elephant drinking from the river.
Visit the Reed Flute Cave in the morning. Reed Flute Cave is one of the most egregious underground scenery in China. The cave got its name from the verdant reeds growing outside it, with which people make flutes. Inside this water-eroded cave, you will see a spectacular world of various stalactites, stone pillars and rock formations created by carbonate deposition.
Then take flight to Hong Kong (air ticket included).
Take a half day tour to Victoria Peak, which is the highest peak on Hong Kong Island and also the best spot to get a bird's eye view of Victoria Harbor and the whole thriving island.
Visit the Aberdeen, the largest satellite town in Hong Kong, attracts lots tourists both at home and abroad. The intriguing fishing life and delicious seafood definitely are quite worthy a visit!
Then visit the sun-drenched Repulse Bay for its relaxed resort-like atmosphere. The crescent-shaped stretch of sand is one of the most beautiful beaches in Hong Kong. The wide, wave-lapped beach is popular with locals and visitors alike and great for sandy strolls at sunset when all is at peace.
Transfer to Hong Kong airport in prepare for departure.
End of service.
• The quoted price contains Standard Tour Class lodging, and we offer hotel upgrade service. You can choose to upgrade hotel when booking, the price will change accordingly.
• Not all hotels can provide Standard Triple Room if you want three travelers in one room, they may arrange extra bed service. The additional fee for an extra bed is Single Supplement, and it is included in the final price.
• Your earlier arrival to Beijing later departure from Hong Kong can be adjusted on line; but the extra charge is not included in the original charge.
• The single supplement is not included in the quoted price except single traveler's price.
• We choose only centrally located hotels with western standard service and breakfast. However, we can also arrange good location and clean local hotels with lower prices. Please inquiry for details.
• The breakfast is subject to hotels' arrangements, they may offer western food or Western & Chinese Buffet in the morning.
• Child's breakfast is included only when he/she occupy a bed. Otherwise the hotel may charge an extra fee for the breakfast.
Lunch and Dinner (Optional)
• The original price excludes lunch and dinner unless particular illustration. Usually, dinner and lunch are optional Chinese food with local flavor, and the meal price is charged based on the group size.
• If you have some preferences on meals such as vegetarian meal and diabetic meal, please make us know in Special Requirements.
• Please also fill the Special Requirements if you want other choices such as Hindu meal, Halal food or Western food, etc. You are suggested to uncheck lunch and diner when booking. We will try to arrange it and your meal price is charged by the local restaurant.
• Our guide will lead you to your favorite restaurants when you don't select meals, the meal fee is at your own. Besides, your group should pay an extra 100RMB per day in cash to the driver and guide.
• We offer free airport/railway station transfer service as specified in the itinerary. As for earlier arrival or later departure, you will be charged a bit of service fee and guide service is not provided. Please provide train/flight number, arrival time and contact information in Special Requirements.
• Usually, local guide will drop you off at security checkpoint of airport or railway station without guide serve on the flight or train. And the transfer guide may be not the same of that on the tour.
• This itinerary contains 5-6 shopping stops on the way, selling featured local specialties or souvenirs. Usually, you will spend 30-40 minutes in each store, and shopping or not is of your free will.
• We promise to offer flights operated by major airlines such as Air China, China Southern Airlines, China Eastern Airlines and Hainan Airline, etc. or local big airlines such as Shenzhen Airlines, Xiamen Airlines, Sichuan Airlines, Shanghai Airlines and Shandong Airlines and so forth. And the aircraft type is Airbus A3XX Series or Boeing 7-Series. Any change due to objective cause, we will ask your permission in advance.
• Airport or hotel pick-up and drop-off service in cities listed in the itinerary.
• Private English-speaking tour guide, driver and car service as indicated in the itinerary.
• The admission tickets for scenic spots listed in the itinerary.
• Service charge and government taxes.
• The air ticket of economic class, taxes and dues for the flights as listed in the itinerary.
• Ticket for soft sleeper train from Kunming to Dali.
• Thirteen-night hotel accommodation in twin shared room with daily breakfast.
• One-day accommodation on the overnight train without breakfast.
• A lunch served on board as listed in the itinerary.
• Tibet entry permit based on the listed itinerary.
• International flight tickets or train tickets.
• Hotel single room supplement.
• Personal expenses such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone call, optional activities, etc.
• Tips to local tour guide and driver.
• Estimated group surcharges for excess baggage.
• Fees for entry visa to China.
• Cable car, sightseeing bus and cruise unless explained specially.
• Meals (L & D) not listed in the itinerary.
Cancellation and refund policy for Tours reservation
If you want to cancel your booking or part of it, you must advise us in advance. The letter must be signed by the lead name on the booking and once we receive it you should expect to receive a cancellation letter within 24 hours. If you do not then please contact us to ensure your letter has been received.
To cover the cost of processing your cancellation and to compensate us for the risk that we may not be able to resell your travel arrangements, we make a cancellation charge on the scale shown below. The person who made the booking is responsible for paying this charge. The size of the charge depends on when we receive your cancellation notice or letter or how you would like us to deal with your payment providing that we have received your full payment for the tours.
No Cancellation Fees if written cancellation notice is received more than 30 days prior to tour departure!
Cancellation in advance & Cancellation penalty
More than 30 days, no Cancellation Fee
30-10 days, 50% of the full payment
9-0 days or no show, 100% of the full payment
- Tours of Nearby Areas
- Tours with Similar Price
- You May Also Like
- Top Sales China Tours
- Package Tours with Beijing