14 Days Snowy High Land Tour & Luxurious Yangtze Cruise (upstream)
Start: Hong Kong
Duration: 14 Days
- Immerse yourself in the best waters and mountains in China - Guilin, on a comfortable ship on Li River; enjoy the charming views along the Yangtze River on a luxurious ship; visit the imposing Potala Palace on the mysterious high land; appreciate the beautiful scenery at Lake Yamdrok which heaven touches earth...
- +86 29
- Ask a Question
- Choose Departure Date
- Price Calendar
- Choose Number of Travelers & Rooms
- Number of Rooms:
- Adult (with Bed)
- Child (with Bed)
- Child (without Bed)
- Choose Hotels
- Upgrade the Hotel-0:
- Day 1, Day 2, All 2 Nights in Guilin
- Day 3, All 1 Night in Yangshuo
- Day 4, Day 5, Day 6, Day 7, All 4 Nights in rooms on Cruise
- Day 8, All 1 Night in Chongqing
- Day 9, Day 10, Day 11, Day 13, All 4 Nights in Lhasa
- Day 12, All 1 Night in Shigatse
Visit Palkhor Monastery. Transfer to Shigatse in the afternoon.
Transfer from Shigatse to Lhasa in the afternoon.
Lhasa to Beijing by Air in the morning (air ticket included; pick up or drop off in Beijing not included).
Take flight to Guilin from Hong Kong airport (air ticket included). Upon arrival, your guide greets you and escorts you to the hotel. The remaind of the day is at your leisure.
Visit the Reed Flute Cave in the morning. Reed Flute Cave is one of the most egregious underground scenery in China. The cave got its name from the verdant reeds growing outside it, with which people make flutes. Inside this water-eroded cave, you will see a spectacular world of various stalactites, stone pillars and rock formations created by carbonate deposition.
Head for the Diecai Hill (Folded Brocade Hill). The thin shape of the hill and lush greenery around make it resemble brocaded fabric. The local osmanthus tea (Guihua) is very famous and worth trying.
Visit the Elephant Trunk Hill, which really looks like an elephant drinking from the river.
Take a cruise on the meandering blue waters of Li River and view the limestone rock formations along the banks (cruise ticket included). You will agree that "Guilin waters and mountains are the most beautiful under heaven. Lunch is served on board.
Go ashore as you arrive in Yangshuo. You can choose to rent a bicycle to tour the countryside of West Street if you want to get a taste of the laidback rural life of the farmers there.
Appreciate Moon Hill and the Big Banyan Tree. Moon Hill is a limestone pinnacle with a moon-shaped hole in the middle.
Big Banyan Tree became famous for its long history, towering beauty and the moving love story of Liu Sanjie.
Then enjoy a local folk dance show of Impression Liu Sanjie (ticket included) before transfer to hotel in Yangshuo.
Transfer from Yangshuo to Guilin in the morning.
Before lunch, you can have leisure activities near the hotel or continue the unfinished trip with tour guide. Take a flight to Wuhan (air ticket included).
Upon your arrival in Wuhan, drive to Yichang. Set sail at about 9:00 p.m. to start your Yangtze adventure.
Go onshore to see the Three Gorges Dam site in the morning. The Three Gorges Dam will be the largest hydropower station and dam in the world.
Later sail through the Three Gorges Dam Ship Locks, a marvelous experience during your cruise on Yangtze River.
Xiling Gorge, named after Xiling mountain that at the endpoint of Three Gorges. It is the longest and historically the most dangerous of the Yangtze gorges.
Take an excursion to Small Three Gorges or Shennong Stream.
Small Three Gorges the exciting and famous stops in the Yangtze River. It is so called because the river channel through these three gorges is narrower and cliffs are steeper.
Shennong Stream, a good place to drift, is a typical canyon creek with peaks and cliffs on both sides and Waterway in the Shennong Stream is very winding.
Sail through Qutang Gorge and Wu Gorge. Qutang Gorge is the shortest but most spectacular and precipitous one among the Three Gorges of Yangtze River in China. Wu Gorge is famous for its pristine mountains and picturesque sights.
Take an onshore excursion to sightsee either Fengdu.
Fengdu, located on the north bank of the Yangtze River, is an ancient city with a long history, known as the "Ghost City" to most Chinese people.
Arrive at Chongqing Port at around 9:30am. Upon Arrival, visit Ciqikou Old Town, an ancient town near the downtown of Chongqing gathered with old streets paved by top-grade stone tablets. On the both sides of the street stand antique houses and shops. The shops sell various artworks like embroidery, Chinese calligraphy and paintings. Also you can find many local snacks, such as deep-fired twisted dough and beef jerky.
Head for Chongqing People's Assembly Hall, which is designed in the architectural style of the Ming and Qing Dynasties is spanned by greenish glazed tile dome supported by scarlet columns. It nestled round gorgeous lush trees complementing the building visual experience.
Then visit Chongqing Three Gorges Museum, the largest monographic museum and a public undertaking for the preservation, education, scientific research in respect of cultural relics and the natural environment of Chongqing and the Three Gorges area.
Before lunch, you can have leisure activities near the hotel or continue the unfinished trip with tour guide. Take the flight to Lhasa (air ticket included). On arrival in Lhasa, transfer to your hotel first. Afternoon is at your leisure, either enjoy the nearby strolling in the area along the streets or rest at hotel to generate energy for the high altitude destinations.
Visit the most known Potala Palace, a model of Tibetan architecture. The construction of this massive, beautiful yet forbidding structure was a gigantic undertaking, and it has bequeathed to the world one of its most unique architectural treasures.
In the afternoon, get to the Jokhang Temple, the spiritual centre of Tibet and the holiest destination for all Tibetan Buddhist pilgrims.
In the Evening, browse through the Barkhor Square, the heart of the local bazaar, enjoy shopping some of the rare traditional specialties of Tibet, such as Tibetan Thangka, Tibetan Medicine, Tibetan Carpet, etc.
Visit Deprung Monastery, the main place where Shoton Festival takes place, to the west of which was where each reincarnation of the Dalai Lama received his training.
Move on to the Norbulingka Park, the Summer Palace of Tibet with the highest gardening level artistic level.
Visit Sera Monastery, one of the Six Big Monasteries of Gelugpa. A most interesting time to visit the monastery is in the afternoon when monks, after finishing their morning scripture classes, can be seen debating in the courtyard. During the remainder time we can visit the carpet factory and enjoy some beautiful Tibetan Carpets.
Leave Lhasa for Lake Yamdrok, the transformation of a goddess according to local mythology and one of the Three Sacred Lakes in Tibet.
Then drive westward to Gyangtze, stop at Palkhor Monastery, a monastery having the characteristics of Han, Tibetan and Nepali architecture. Palkhor Choede enjoys a high status in Tibet Buddhism history because it houses three sects -Sakyapa, Kadampa and Gelugpa together. Drive west to Shigatse.
Visit the Tashilhunpo Temple, one of the Six Big Temples of Gelugpa in Tibet and the official seat of the Panchen Lama, the chief spiritual and temporal authority of Tsang. The biggest stupa - Stupa tomb of the tenth Panchen Lama is kept there.
Go on to visit the New Palace of Panchen, famous as the summer palace of the tenth Panchen Lama. It greatly mixes both traditional and modern architectural styles.
Later leave Shigatse for Lhasa. Visit the Tibetan family and savor the local food.
Transfer to Lhasa airport to prepare for your departure to Beijing (air ticket included).
End of service.
• The quoted price contains Standard Tour Class lodging, and we offer hotel upgrade service. You can choose to upgrade hotel when booking, the price will change accordingly.
• Not all hotels can provide Standard Triple Room if you want three travelers in one room, they may arrange extra bed service. The additional fee for an extra bed is Single Supplement, and it is included in the final price.
• Your earlier arrival to Hong Kong and later departure from Beijing can be adjusted on line; but the extra charge is not included in the original charge.
• The single supplement is not included in the quoted price except single traveler's price.
• We choose only centrally located hotels with western standard service and breakfast. However, we can also arrange good location and clean local hotels with lower prices. Please inquiry for details.
• The breakfast is subject to hotels' arrangements, they may offer western food or Western & Chinese Buffet in the morning.
• Child's breakfast is included only when he/she occupy a bed. Otherwise the hotel may charge an extra fee for the breakfast.
Lunch and Dinner (Optional)
• The original price excludes lunch and dinner unless particular illustration. Usually, dinner and lunch are optional Chinese food with local flavor, and the meal price is charged based on the group size.
• If you have some preferences on meals such as vegetarian meal and diabetic meal, please make us know in Special Requirements.
• Please also fill the Special Requirements if you want other choices such as Hindu meal, Halal food or Western food, etc. You are suggested to uncheck lunch and diner when booking. We will try to arrange it and your meal price is charged by the local restaurant.
• Our guide will lead you to your favorite restaurants when you don't select meals, the meal fee is at your own. Besides, your group should pay an extra 100RMB per day in cash to the driver and guide.
• We offer free airport/railway station transfer service as specified in the itinerary. As for earlier arrival or later departure, you will be charged a bit of service fee and guide service is not provided. Please provide train/flight number, arrival time and contact information in Special Requirements.
• Usually, local guide will drop you off at security checkpoint of airport or railway station without guide serve on the flight or train. And the transfer guide may be not the same of that on the tour.
• This itinerary contains 4-5 shopping stops on the way, selling featured local specialties or souvenirs. Usually, you will spend 30-40 minutes in each store, and shopping or not is of your free will.
• We promise to offer flights operated by major airlines such as Air China, China Southern Airlines, China Eastern Airlines and Hainan Airline, etc. or local big airlines such as Shenzhen Airlines, Xiamen Airlines, Sichuan Airlines, Shanghai Airlines and Shandong Airlines and so forth. And the aircraft type is Airbus A3XX Series or Boeing 7-Series. Any change due to objective cause, we will ask your permission in advance.
• We offer 5-star or above cruise ships during the journey, including Victoria Anna, Victoria Grace, Victoria Lianna, Victoria Selina, etc. And we have the right to arrange the cruise ship for you depending on your departure date. If you want to travel on a date when there is no cruise to book, we will adjust your itinerary or refund you after consulting with you.
• The itinerary on Yangtze Cruise is for your reference, and it is subject to the cruise company’s arrangement.
• We also offer cheaper Yangtze Cruise like the Blue Whale, and the most renowned New Century Cruises. Please fill Tailor-made Travel Form if you prefer the cruises mentioned above.
• Airport or hotel pick-up and drop-off service in cities listed in the itinerary.
• Private English-speaking tour guide, driver and car service as indicated in the itinerary.
• The admission tickets for scenic spots listed in the itinerary.
• Service charge and government taxes.
• The air ticket of economic class, taxes and dues for the flights as listed in the itinerary.
• Nine-night hotel accommodation in twin shared room with daily breakfast.
• Four-night accommodation in twin shared room with daily breakfast on cruise.
• Meals: lunches and dinners on cruise, a lunch on board on Li River.
• Tibet entry permit based on the listed itinerary.
• Boat ticket and tipping for Yangtze Cruise.
• International flight tickets or train tickets.
• Hotel single room supplement.
• Personal expenses such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone call, optional activities, etc.
• Tips to local tour guide and driver.
• Estimated group surcharges for excess baggage.
• Fees for entry visa to China.
• Cable car, sightseeing bus and cruise unless explained specially.
• Meals (L & D) not listed in the itinerary.
Cancellation and refund policy for Tours reservation
If you want to cancel your booking or part of it, you must advise us in advance. The letter must be signed by the lead name on the booking and once we receive it you should expect to receive a cancellation letter within 24 hours. If you do not then please contact us to ensure your letter has been received.
To cover the cost of processing your cancellation and to compensate us for the risk that we may not be able to resell your travel arrangements, we make a cancellation charge on the scale shown below. The person who made the booking is responsible for paying this charge. The size of the charge depends on when we receive your cancellation notice or letter or how you would like us to deal with your payment providing that we have received your full payment for the tours.
No Cancellation Fees if written cancellation notice is received more than 30 days prior to tour departure!
Cancellation in advance & Cancellation penalty
More than 30 days, no Cancellation Fee
30-10 days, 50% of the full payment
9-0 days or no show, 100% of the full payment
- Tours of Nearby Areas
- Tours with Similar Price
You May Also Like
- Top Sales China Tours
- Package Tours with Beijing