12 Days South China Artistic Tour & Yangtze Cruise (upstream)
End: Hong Kong
Duration: 12 Days
Reversed Itinerary: 11 Days South China Artistic Tour & Yangtze Cruise (downstream)
- Immense yourself in the beauty of South China waters and mountains in Huangshan, Hangzhou and Guilin; cruise on a luxurious ship on Yangtze River and enjoy the charming scenery and the colorful culture. South China will sure bring you a completely different experience.
- Choose Departure Date
- Price Calendar
- Choose Number of Travelers & Rooms
- Number of Rooms:
- Adult (with Bed)
- Child (with Bed)
- Child (without Bed)
- Choose Hotels
- Upgrade the Hotel-0:
- Day 1, Day 2, All 2 Nights in Shanghai
- Day 3, All 1 Night in Huangshan
- Day 4, All 1 Night in hotels on Top of Yellow Mountains
- Day 5, All 1 Night on the Train
- Day 6, Day 7, Day 8, Day 9, All 4 Nights in rooms on Cruise
- Day 10, All 1 Night in Guilin
- Day 11, All 1 Night in Yangshuo
Upon arrival, your guide greets you at the airport or railway station in Shanghai and escorts you to the hotel.
Shanghai is the most modern city in China. The rest of the day is free for personal things.
After breakfast, drive to explore the Town God Temple (Chenghuangmiao), a Taoist Temple. The street is also known as Old Chenghuangmiao, where you cannot miss typical Shanghai snacks such as steamed stuffed buns.
Then, arrive at Yuyuan Garden, which has the exquisite layout, beautiful scenery, and the artistic style of Chinese private gardens.
Walk along The Bund and enjoy the view of Huangpu River, the Bund houses 52 buildings of various architectural styles, which have been regarded as some of the most recognizable architectural symbols of Shanghai.
Drive to visit Oriental Pearl TV Tower (ticket to the tower not included) for its marvelous exterior appearance, the landmark of Shanghai.
At night, take a Huangpu River Cruise (ticket included) to enjoy the beautiful night of modern Shanghai.
Drive to Hangzhou. On arrival, start the tour by cruising on the West Lake (cruise ticket included), the symbol of Hangzhou. It's one of the most famed tourist attractions in China. The islets and temples, pavilions and gardens, causeways and arched bridges of this jade-like lake have constituted the supreme example of lakeside beauty in China. See the Red Carp Pond, one of the ten places of interests at West Lake with countless carps living here.
Then move to the Lingyin Temple, one of the most prestigious Buddhist temples in China. Its highlight is the Great Hall with its 65 foot camphor-wood statue of the Buddha. Then move on to the Lingyin Temple, one of the most prestigious Buddhist temples in China. Its highlight is the Great Hall with its 65-feet camphor-wood statue of the Buddha.
Next attraction is Feilaifeng Peak. There are many legends about the peak's name. It is a pure limestone mountain scattered with lots of large stones like a flying dragon, a running elephant, a crouching tiger, and a fleeting monkey.
Transfer to Huangshan.
Spend a full day exploring the Yellow Mountains Scenic Area, take a cable car (round trip tickets included) up to the Yellow Mountains. Marvel at the five unique views - the legendary pines, oddly-shaped rocks, phantasmagoric sea of clouds, hot springs and winter snows. You have no wish to visit any other mountains after viewing the Five Mountains You do not even wish to visit them after you come back from a trip to Huangshan Mountain. Stay overnight in the hotel located on the top of the mountains.
Enjoy the sunrise at Yellow Mountains, and transfer to visit Tunxi Ancient Street. It is paved with maroon stone slabs and typical ancient buildings stand on both sides. This old trading street is lined up with shops where you can find antiques, green tea of Maofeng and ink stones,etc.
Take a soft sleeper train to Shanghai (train ticket included).
In the morning, visit Shanghai Museum, the exterior design of the round dome and the square base symbolizes the ancient idea of a round heaven and a square land.
Then visit the Nanjing Road, the main shopping street of Shanghai, China, and is one of the world's busiest shopping streets.
Transfer you to airport in Shanghai and take flight to Yichang (air ticket included).
On arrival, our guide greets you and escorts you to cruise pier transfer (Yichang) for trip sightseeing Yangtze River. Depart Yichang at 9:00 p.m.
Sail through Qutang Gorge & Wu Gorge and take an excursion to Small Three Gorges or Shennong Stream, the exciting and famous stops in the Yangtze River, they are often called the "highlight" of the cruise, even the whole China trip. You can enjoy canzonet by the boat tracker, and the mysterious culture along the banks.
On arrival in Chongqing, disembark at 9:00 a.m..
Then take flight to Guilin (air ticket included). Guilin is a city famous for its beautiful scenery far from the crush of other Chinese cities.
After arrival in Guilin, visit Elephant Trunk Hill. Resembling an elephant leisurely sucking water from the river with its long trunk, this hill is famous as Elephant Trunk Hill for hundreds of years.
The visit Diecai Hill. The thin shape of the hill and lush greenery around make it resemble brocaded fabric.
Take a cruise on the meandering blue waters of Li River (cruise ticket included) and view the limestone rock formations along the banks. You will agree that "Guilin waters and mountains are the most beautiful under heaven. Lunch is served on board.
Arrive in Yangshuo as you go ashore. You can choose to rent a bicycle to tour the countryside of West Street if you want to get a taste of the laidback rural life of the farmers there.
Appreciate the Moon Hill and the Big Banyan Tree. Moon Hill is a limestone pinnacle with a moon-shaped hole in the middle.
Banyan Tree became famous for its long history, towering beauty and the moving love story of Liu Sanjie.
Then enjoy a local folk dance show of Impression Liu Sanjie (ticket included) before transferring to your hotel in Yangshuo..
Transfer from Yangshuo to Guilin in the morning.
Visit the Reed Flute Cave in the morning. Reed Flute Cave is one of the most egregious underground scenery in China. The cave got its name from the verdant reeds growing outside it, with which people make flutes. Inside this water-eroded cave, you will see a spectacular world of various stalactites, stone pillars and rock formations created by carbonate deposition.
Then transfer you to the airport in prepare for your flight to Hong Kong (air ticket included).
End of service.
• The quoted price contains Standard Tour Class lodging, and we offer hotel upgrade service. You can choose to upgrade hotel when booking, the price will change accordingly.
• Not all hotels can provide Standard Triple Room if you want three travelers in one room, they may arrange extra bed service. The additional fee for an extra bed is Single Supplement, and it is included in the final price.
• Your earlier arrival to Shanghai and later departure Hong Kong from can be adjusted on line; but the extra charge is not included in the original charge.
• The single supplement is not included in the quoted price except single traveler's price.
• We choose only centrally located hotels with western standard service and breakfast. However, we can also arrange good location and clean local hotels with lower prices. Please inquiry for details.
• The breakfast is subject to hotels' arrangements, they may offer western food or Western & Chinese Buffet in the morning.
• Child's breakfast is included only when he/she occupy a bed. Otherwise the hotel may charge an extra fee for the breakfast.
Lunch and Dinner (Optional)
• The original price excludes lunch and dinner unless particular illustration. Usually, dinner and lunch are optional Chinese food with local flavor, and the meal price is charged based on the group size.
• If you have some preferences on meals such as vegetarian meal and diabetic meal, please make us know in Special Requirements.
• Please also fill the Special Requirements if you want other choices such as Hindu meal, Halal food or Western food, etc. You are suggested to uncheck lunch and diner when booking. We will try to arrange it and your meal price is charged by the local restaurant.
• Our guide will lead you to your favorite restaurants when you don't select meals, the meal fee is at your own. Besides, your group should pay an extra 100RMB per day in cash to the driver and guide.
• We offer free airport/railway station transfer service as specified in the itinerary. As for earlier arrival or later departure, you will be charged a bit of service fee and guide service is not provided. Please provide train/flight number, arrival time and contact information in Special Requirements.
• Usually, local guide will drop you off at security checkpoint of airport or railway station without guide serve on the flight or train. And the transfer guide may be not the same of that on the tour.
• We promise to offer flights operated by major airlines such as Air China, China Southern Airlines, China Eastern Airlines and Hainan Airline, etc. or local big airlines such as Shenzhen Airlines, Xiamen Airlines, Sichuan Airlines, Shanghai Airlines and Shandong Airlines and so forth. And the aircraft type is Airbus A3XX Series or Boeing 7-Series. Any change due to objective cause, we will ask your permission in advance.
• We offer 5-star or above cruise ships during the journey, including Victoria Anna, Victoria Grace, Victoria Lianna, Victoria Selina, etc. And we have the right to arrange the cruise ship for you depending on your departure date. If you want to travel on a date when there is no cruise to book, we will adjust your itinerary or refund you after consulting with you.
• The itinerary on Yangtze Cruise is for your reference, and it is subject to the cruise company’s arrangement.
• We also offer cheaper Yangtze Cruise like the Blue Whale, and the most renowned New Century Cruises. Please fill Tailor-made Travel Form if you prefer the cruises mentioned above.
• Children, between 2 to 12 years old and under 1.3 meters (4.3 feet), can get discount.
• Airport or hotel pick-up and drop-off service in cities listed in the itinerary.
• Private English-speaking tour guide, driver and car service as indicated in the itinerary.
• The admission tickets for scenic spots listed in the itinerary.
• Service charge and government taxes.
• The air ticket of economic class, taxes and dues for the flights as listed in the itinerary.
• Six-night hotel accommodation in twin shared room with daily breakfast.
• One-night stay on the train without breakfast.
• Four-night accommodation in twin shared room with daily breakfast on cruise.
• Meals: lunches and dinners on cruise, a lunch on board on Li River, a lunch and dinner on Yellow Mountains.
• Boat ticket and tipping for Yangtze Cruise.
• International flight tickets or train tickets.
• Hotel single room supplement.
• Personal expenses such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone call, optional activities, etc.
• Tips to local tour guide and driver.
• Estimated group surcharges for excess baggage.
• Fees for entry visa to China.
• Cable car, sightseeing bus and cruise unless explained specially.
• Meals (L & D) not listed in the itinerary.
Cancellation and refund policy for Tours reservation
If you want to cancel your booking or part of it, you must advise us in advance. The letter must be signed by the lead name on the booking and once we receive it you should expect to receive a cancellation letter within 24 hours. If you do not then please contact us to ensure your letter has been received.
To cover the cost of processing your cancellation and to compensate us for the risk that we may not be able to resell your travel arrangements, we make a cancellation charge on the scale shown below. The person who made the booking is responsible for paying this charge. The size of the charge depends on when we receive your cancellation notice or letter or how you would like us to deal with your payment providing that we have received your full payment for the tours.
No Cancellation Fees if written cancellation notice is received more than 30 days prior to tour departure!
Cancellation in advance & Cancellation penalty
More than 30 days, no Cancellation Fee
30-10 days, 50% of the full payment
9-0 days or no show, 100% of the full payment
- Tours of Nearby Areas
- Tours with Similar Price
- You May Also Like
- Top Sales China Tours
- Package Tours with Shanghai