13 Days Best of China: Beijing, Xi'an, Tibet, Shanghai
Duration: 13 Days
Reversed Itinerary: 13 Days Best of China: Shanghai, Tibet, Xi'an, Beijing
- Starting from Beijing, you will go to see Potala Palace and some other Tibetan Buddhism Temples, and at the same time, you will learn about the history of China without having to memorizing knowledge from books. This trip is the best class of Chinese culture you can ever have.
- Choose Departure Date
- Price Calendar
- Choose Number of Travelers & Rooms
- Number of Rooms:
- Adult (with Bed)
- Child (with Bed)
- Child (without Bed)
- Choose Hotels
- Upgrade the Hotel-0:
- Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, All 3 Nights in Beijing
- Day 4, Day 5, All 2 Nights in Xi'an
- Day 6, Day 7, Day 8, Day 10, All 4 Nights in Lhasa
- Day 9, All 1 Night in Shigatse
- Day 11, Day 12, All 2 Nights in Shanghai
Upon arrival, your guide greets you at airport or railway station in Beijing and escorts you to the hotel.
The remainder of the day is at your leisure.
After breakfast, visit Tiananmen Square, the largest square of its kind in the world.
Then visit the Forbidden City, also known as Palace Museum, to awe an emperor's life.
The Temple of Heaven is the place for imperial rituals and worship.
In the evening, enjoy the famous Roast Duck feast (fees included) which looks brilliantly dark red, shining with oil and with crisp skin and tender meat.
A famous Chinese saying: "Not to Great Wall non-real man". Badaling Great Wall, the most representative part, was promoted as a key national cultural relic, protected under the approval of the State Council in 1961. Lacated in Yanqing County, over 70 kilometers (43 miles) north of Beijing. You can either climb up the Great Wall or take a cable car at your own expense.
Proceed to the Summer Palace, the largest and best-preserved Chinese imperial garden. Enjoy a leisurely walk along the enchanting Lake Kunminghu.
Early trip back to the Hutong area by rickshaw to ride through the narrow alleys and passages (rickshaw cruise included). Pay a visit to a traditional Chinese local courtyard house, learn more about Chinese culture by trying making Chinese food on your own. Then have lunch there (lunch included).
Take a walk over the Silver Ingot Bridge (Yinding Bridge) to hear the explanation about the different thresholds that mark the entry to the courtyard houses. Then transfer to the airport for the flight to Xi'an (air ticket included).
Xi'an, as one of the oldest cities, was the capital for over 1,000 years and was the starting point of ancient Silk Road. Visit the Great Mosque, one of the most important islam mosques in China, which is a combination of traditional Chinese architecture and islamic art.
Later visit Moslem Street, a famous snack street where you can find lots of mouthwatering local snacks and interesting souvenirs.
Then enjoy a tour to the symbol of Xi'an - the Bell Tower and Drum Tower (ticket to the towers not included).
Today's attractions feature Terracotta Army, one of World Cultural Heritages. The lifelike warriors of First Emperor Qin Shihuang will sure lead you back to the ancient warring times.
The second stop is Big Wild Goose Pagoda (ticket to the pagoda included), one of the most famous buddhist pagodas in China, which was built in the Tang Dynasty to collect Buddhist scriptures.
Then visit the Xi'an City Wall, an extension of the old Tang Dynasty structure. It's the best preserved ruins of city walls in China.
In the evening, enjoy the imperial dumpling banquet (dinner included). After then appreciate the gorgeous Tang Dynasty Music and Dance Show (performance ticket included).
Begin with a visit to the Shaanxi Provincial History Museum which is an epitome of Shaanxi glamorous imperial past before going to the airport for Tibet.
Flight to Lhasa (air ticket included), then you are transfered to hotel for check in to generate energy for the high altitude destinations. Afternoon is free at your leisure. You can enjoy the nearby strolling in the area along the riverbeds or can rest at hotel to generate energy for the high altitude destinations.
Visit the most known Potala Palace, a model of Tibetan architecture. The construction of this massive, beautiful yet forbidding structure was a gigantic undertaking, and it that has bequeathed to the world one of its most unique architectural treasures.
In the afternoon, get to the Jokhang Temple, the spiritual centre of Tibet and the holiest destination for all Tibetan Buddhist pilgrims.
In the Evening, browse through the Barkhor Street, the heart of the local bazaar, enjoy shopping some of the rare traditional specialties of Tibet, such as Tibetan Thangka, Tibetan Medicine, Tibetan Carpet, etc.
Visit Deprung Monastery, the main place where Shoton Festival takes place, to the west of which was where each reincarnation of the Dalai Lama received his training.
Move on to the Norbulingka Park, the Summer Palace of Tibet with the highest gardening level artistic level.
Visit Sera Monastery, one of the Six Big Monasteries of Gelugpa. A most interesting time to visit the monastery is in the afternoon when monks, after finishing their morning scripture classes, can be seen debating in the courtyard. During the remainder time we can visit the carpet factory and enjoy some beautiful Tibetan Carpets.
Leave Lhasa for the Yamdrok, the transformation of a goddess according to local mythology and one of the Three Sacred Lakes in Tibet.
Then drive westward to Gyangtze, stop at Palkhor Monastery, a monastery having the characteristics of Han, Tibetan and Nepali architecture. Palkhor Choede enjoys a high status in Tibet Buddhism history because it houses three sects -Sakyapa, Kadampa and Gelugpa together. Drive west to Shigatse.
Visit the Tashilhunpo Temple, one of the Six Big Temples of Gelugpa in Tibet and the official seat of the Panchen Lama, the chief spiritual and temporal authority of Tsang. The biggest stupa - Stupa tomb of the tenth Panchen Lama is kept there.
Go on to visit the New Palace of Panchen, famous as the summer palace of the tenth Panchen Lama. It greatly mixes both traditional and modern architectural styles.
Later leave Shigatse for Lhasa. Visit the Tibetan family and savor local food.
Today visit the Tibet Museum. The museum is not only a source of information and inspiration for Tibetans themselves, but it is also attracting an increasing number of people from overseas and educating them on the unique Tibetan culture. In the afternoon you take a flight to Shanghai (air ticket included).
After arrival. drive to visit Oriental Pearl TV Tower (ticket to the tower not included) for its marvelous exterior appearance, the landmark of Shanghai.
At night, take a Huangpu River Cruise (ticket included) to enjoy the beautiful night of modern Shanghai.
After breakfast, drive to the Shanghai Museum, the exterior design of the round dome and the square base symbolizes the ancient idea of a round heaven and a square land.
Explore the Town God Temple (Chenghuangmiao), a Taoist Temple. The street is also known as Old Chenghuangmiao, where you cannot miss typical Shanghai snacks such as steamed stuffed buns.
Then, arrive at Yuyuan Garden, which has the exquisite layout, beautiful scenery, and the artistic style of Chinese private gardens.
Have a look around the bustling shopping district of Nanjing Road. Ramble around the spectacular People's Square located in the heart of the city. Strolling along Xintiandi Area, which was built and re-orgnized on the basis of Shanghai's unqiue characteristics-Shikumen architectural structures, is well-known as a new stylish pedestrain street for Cuisines, Commerce, Entertainment and Culture tourism spot.
End of service.
• The quoted price contains Standard Tour Class lodging, and we offer hotel upgrade service. You can choose to upgrade hotel when booking, the price will change accordingly.
• Not all hotels can provide Standard Triple Room if you want three travelers in one room, they may arrange extra bed service. The additional fee for an extra bed is Single Supplement, and it is included in the final price.
• Your earlier arrival to Beijing and later departure from Shanghai can be adjusted on line; but the extra charge is not included in the original charge.
• The single supplement is not included in the quoted price except single traveler's price.
• We choose only centrally located hotels with western standard service and breakfast. However, we can also arrange good location and clean local hotels with lower prices. Please inquiry for details.
• The breakfast is subject to hotels' arrangements, they may offer western food or Western & Chinese Buffet in the morning.
• Child's breakfast is included only when he/she occupy a bed. Otherwise the hotel may charge an extra fee for the breakfast.
Lunch and Dinner (Optional)
• The original price excludes lunch and dinner unless particular illustration. Usually, dinner and lunch are optional Chinese food with local flavor, and the meal price is charged based on the group size.
• If you have some preferences on meals such as vegetarian meal and diabetic meal, please make us know in Special Requirements.
• Please also fill the Special Requirements if you want other choices such as Hindu meal, Halal food or Western food, etc. You are suggested to uncheck lunch and diner when booking. We will try to arrange it and your meal price is charged by the local restaurant.
• Our guide will lead you to your favorite restaurants when you don't select meals, the meal fee is at your own. Besides, your group should pay an extra 100RMB per day in cash to the driver and guide.
• We offer free airport/railway station transfer service as specified in the itinerary. As for earlier arrival or later departure, you will be charged a bit of service fee and guide service is not provided. Please provide train/flight number, arrival time and contact information in Special Requirements.
• Usually, local guide will drop you off at security checkpoint of airport or railway station without guide serve on the flight or train. And the transfer guide may be not the same of that on the tour.
• We promise to offer flights operated by major airlines such as Air China, China Southern Airlines, China Eastern Airlines and Hainan Airline, etc. or local big airlines such as Shenzhen Airlines, Xiamen Airlines, Sichuan Airlines, Shanghai Airlines and Shandong Airlines and so forth. And the aircraft type is Airbus A3XX Series or Boeing 7-Series. Any change due to objective cause, we will ask your permission in advance.
• Children, between 2 to 12 years old and under 1.3 meters (4.3 feet), can get discount.
• Airport or hotel pick-up and drop-off service in cities listed in the itinerary.
• Private English-speaking tour guide, driver and car service as indicated in the itinerary.
• The admission tickets for scenic spots listed in the itinerary.
• Service charge and government taxes.
• The air ticket of economic class, taxes and dues for the flights as listed in the itinerary.
• Twelve-night hotel accommodation in twin shared room with daily breakfast.
• Tibet entry permit based on the listed itinerary.
• Meals: Roast Duck, dumpling banquet.
• International flight tickets or train tickets.
• Hotel single room supplement.
• Personal expenses such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone call, optional activities, etc.
• Tips to local tour guide and driver.
• Estimated group surcharges for excess baggage.
• Fees for entry visa to China.
• Cable car, sightseeing bus and cruise unless explained specially.
• Meals (L & D) not listed in the itinerary.
Cancellation and refund policy for Tours reservation
If you want to cancel your booking or part of it, you must advise us in advance. The letter must be signed by the lead name on the booking and once we receive it you should expect to receive a cancellation letter within 24 hours. If you do not then please contact us to ensure your letter has been received.
To cover the cost of processing your cancellation and to compensate us for the risk that we may not be able to resell your travel arrangements, we make a cancellation charge on the scale shown below. The person who made the booking is responsible for paying this charge. The size of the charge depends on when we receive your cancellation notice or letter or how you would like us to deal with your payment providing that we have received your full payment for the tours.
No Cancellation Fees if written cancellation notice is received more than 30 days prior to tour departure!
Cancellation in advance & Cancellation penalty
More than 30 days, no Cancellation Fee
30-10 days, 50% of the full payment
9-0 days or no show, 100% of the full payment
- Tours of Nearby Areas
- Tours with Similar Price
- You May Also Like
- Top Sales China Tours
- Package Tours with Beijing