11 Days Hot Cities of East China & Water Town of Zhouzhuang (Shanghai Start off)
Duration: 11 Days
- Walking in hot cities Nanjing, Suzhou, Hangzhou and Shanghai in eastern China and then feeling the culture in Zhouzhuang Town - a romantice little town, you will finally understand the Chinese saying: 'just as there is a paradise in heaven,there are Suzhou and Hangzhou on earth.'
- +86 29
- Ask a Question
- Choose Departure Date
- Price Calendar
- Choose Number of Travelers & Rooms
- Number of Rooms:
- Adult (with Bed)
- Child (with Bed)
- Child (without Bed)
- Choose Hotels
- Upgrade the Hotel-0:
- Day 1, Day 2, All 2 Nights in Shanghai
- Day 3, Day 4, All 2 Nights in Hangzhou
- Day 5, All 1 Night in Suzhou
- Day 6, Day 7, All 2 Nights in Nanjing
- Day 8, Day 9, Day 10, All 3 Nights in Beijing
Upon arrival, your guide greets you at Airport/Railway Station in Shanghai and escorts you to the hotel.
The remaind of the day is at your leisure.
After breakfast, drive to explore Shanghai Museum, the exterior design of the round dome and the square base symbolizes the ancient idea of a round heaven and a square land. It is a museum of ancient Chinese art and a large-scaled museum renowned at home and abroad for its rich collection of 120,000 precious cultural relics.
Then, arrive at Nanjing Road, the main shopping street of Shanghai, China, and is one of the world's busiest shopping streets.
Ramble around the spectacular People's Square located in the heart of the city. Strolling along Xintiandi Area, which was built and re-orgnized on the basis of Shanghai's unqiue characteristics-Shikumen architectural structures, is well-known as a new stylish pedestrain street for Cuisines, Commerce, Entertainment and Culture tourism spot.
At night, take a Cruise along Huangpu River (ticket included) to enjoy the beautiful night of modern Shanghai. Visit Oriental Pearl TV Tower (ticket to the tower not included) for its marvelous exterior appearance, the landmark of Shanghai.
In the morning, drive to Yuyuan Garden, which owns the exquisite layout, beautiful scenery, and the artistic style of Chinese private gardens.
Visit the Town God Temple (Chenghuangmiao), a Taoist Temple. The street is also known as Old Chenghuangmiao, where you cannot miss typical Shanghai snacks such as steamed stuffed buns.
Walk along The Bund, the Bund houses 52 buildings of various architectural styles, which have been regarded as some of the most recognizable architectural symbols of Shanghai.
In the afternoon, transfer from Shanghai to Hangzhou.
Sightsee around West Lake while sailing on its waters (cruise ticket included), Hangzhou's most famous scenic sight. The islets and temples, pavilions and gardens, causeways and arched bridges of this jade lake constitute the supreme example of lakeside beauty in China.
Move to the Red Carp Pond. It is the heart of viewing fish at Flower Harbor Park, one of the ten places of interests at West Lake. Countless carps live and play in Red Carp Pond.
Head for Lingyin Temple, one of the most prestigious Buddhist temples in China. Its highlight is the Great Hall with its 65-feet camphor-wood statue of the Buddha.
Next attraction is Feilaifeng Peak. There are many legends about the peak's name. It is a pure limestone mountain scattered with lots of large stones like a flying dragon, a running elephant, a crouching tiger, and a fleeting monkey. The caves shelter many stone Buddha statues in a variety of poses ranging from standing, to sitting, to sleeping.
Move to Dragon-Well-Tea Plantation to learn Chinese tea culture.
Drive to Ancient Town of Zhouzhuang, which boasts all the beautiful features of a Chinese waterside town. Zhouzhuang was even bestowed the title of number one waterside town in China by oversea press. Take a boat-cruise in Zhouzhuang (ticket not included) and have a close touch with the people's life there.
Transfer from Zhouzhuang to Suzhou.
After breakfast, drive to Humble Administrator's Garden - one of the four famous gardens in Suzhou, a classical luxurious garden, regarded as the "mother of the world's gardens" due to its interesting islands, bamboo houses, pinaster hillock and curvy water.
Visit Tiger Hill, Atop the hill stands Cloud Rock Pagoda (Yunyan Ta), which the Suzhounese love to compare to the Tower of Pisa. By climbing the hill, you will find a number of historical sites some of which can be traced back over 2500 years to the founding of Suzhou.
Head for the Grand Canal. The Grand Canal (cruise not included), as the country's greatest engineering achievement, is the longest man-made waterway in world. Cruising on the Canal, you can see the life of local people. Famous local products include silk and Suzhou Embroidery.
Take a soft-seat train to Nanjing (train ticket included). Nanjing is most famous for the cultural remnants left behind by Nanjing's long and influential history as the capital of six dynasties, the Taiping Rebellion, and the Nationalist Party (Kuomintang). When arriving, we go straight to the hotel and the remaind of the day is free.
In the morning, visit Dr. Sun Yat-sen's Mausoleum. Sun Yat-sen (1866 - 1925) is recognized as the Father of Modern China. He led the revolutionists against the corrupt Qing Government resulting in the 1911 revolution which put an end to the feudal system. In return, the Republic of China was founded.
Next, stop at Ming Xiaoling Mausoleum, which is one of the biggest imperial tombs in China. Emperor Chengzu, Zhu Yuanzhang, the first emperor of the Ming Dynasty (1368 - 1644) and Queen Ma were buried there.
Last, get to the Confucius Temple. The area is of great fun and a very pleasant part of the city to walk around. The Confucius Temple is located at the two sides of Qinhuai River and the temple here is the best preserved of its type in China.
Take flight to Beijing (air ticket included).
On arrival Beijing, take a trip back to the Hutong area by rickshaw (rickshaw cruise included) to ride through the narrow alleys and passages. Pay a visit to a traditional Chinese local family living in Courtyard Houses, learn more about Chinese culture by trying making Chinese food on your own (a meal included).
Take a walk over the Silver Ingot Bridge (Yinding Bridge) to hear the explanation about the different thresholds that mark the entry to the courtyard houses.
After breakfast, visit the Tiananmen Square, the largest square of its kind in the world.
Then visit the Forbidden City, also known as Palace Museum, to enjoy an emperor's life.
The Temple of Heaven is the place for imperial rituals and worship.
In the evening, enjoy the famous Roast Duck feast (fees included) which looks brilliantly dark red, shining with oil and with crisp skin and tender meat.
There is an old saying in China that "you are not a true man without reaching the Great Wall". In the morning, Badaling Great Wall is arranged for the first stop. Reprehensive of Ming Great Wall, it is an important military pass and significant barrier of Beijing in Ming Dynasty (1368-1644). You can either see the Great Wall on a hike or take a cable car at your own expense.
Proceed to the Summer Palace, the largest and best-preserved Chinese imperial garden. Enjoy a leisurely walk along the enchanting Lake Kunminghu.
End of service.
• The quoted price contains Standard Tour Class lodging, and we offer hotel upgrade service. You can choose to upgrade hotel when booking, the price will change accordingly.
• Your earlier arrival to Shanghai and later departure from Beijing can be adjusted on line; but the extra charge is not included in the original charge.
• Not all hotels can provide Standard Triple Room if you want three travelers in one room, they may arrange extra bed service. The additional fee for an extra bed is Single Supplement, and it is included in the final price.
• The single supplement is not included in the quoted price except single traveler's price.
• We choose only centrally located hotels with western standard service and breakfast. However, we can also arrange good location and clean local hotels with lower prices. Please inquiry for details.
• The breakfast is subject to hotels' arrangements, they may offer western food or Western & Chinese Buffet in the morning.
• Child's breakfast is included only when he/she occupy a bed. Otherwise the hotel may charge an extra fee for the breakfast.
Lunch and Dinner (Optional)
• The original price excludes lunch and dinner unless particular illustration. Usually, dinner and lunch are optional Chinese food with local flavor, and the meal price is charged based on the group size.
• If you have some preferences on meals such as vegetarian meal and diabetic meal, please make us know in Special Requirements.
• Please also fill the Special Requirements if you want other choices such as Hindu meal, Halal food or Western food, etc. You are suggested to uncheck lunch and diner when booking. We will try to arrange it and your meal price is charged by the local restaurant.
• Our guide will lead you to your favorite restaurants when you don't select meals, the meal fee is at your own. Besides, your group should pay an extra 100RMB per day in cash to the driver and guide.
• We offer free airport/railway station transfer service as specified in the itinerary. As for earlier arrival or later departure, you will be charged a bit of service fee and guide service is not provided. Please provide train/flight number, arrival time and contact information in Special Requirements.
• Usually, local guide will drop you off at security checkpoint of airport or railway station without guide serve on the flight or train. And the transfer guide may be not the same of that on the tour.
• This itinerary contains 5-6 shopping stops on the way, selling featured local specialties or souvenirs. Usually, you will spend 30-40 minutes in each store, and shopping or not is of your free will.
• We promise to offer flights operated by major airlines such as Air China, China Southern Airlines, China Eastern Airlines and Hainan Airline, etc. or local big airlines such as Shenzhen Airlines, Xiamen Airlines, Sichuan Airlines, Shanghai Airlines and Shandong Airlines and so forth. And the aircraft type is Airbus A3XX Series or Boeing 7-Series. Any change due to objective cause, we will ask your permission in advance.
• Airport or hotel pick-up and drop-off service in cities listed in the itinerary.
• Private English-speaking tour guide, driver and car service as indicated in the itinerary.
• The admission tickets for scenic spots listed in the itinerary.
• Service charge and government taxes.
• The air ticket of economic class, taxes and dues for the flights as listed in the itinerary.
• Ten-night hotel accommodation in twin shared room with daily breakfast.
• A Roast Duck feast as listed in the itinerary.
• International flight tickets or train tickets.
• Hotel single room supplement.
• Personal expenses such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone call, optional activities, etc.
• Tips to local tour guide and driver.
• Estimated group surcharges for excess baggage.
• Fees for entry visa to China.
• Cable car, sightseeing bus and cruise unless explained specially.
• Meals (L & D) not listed in the itinerary.
Cancellation and refund policy for Tours reservation
If you want to cancel your booking or part of it, you must advise us in advance. The letter must be signed by the lead name on the booking and once we receive it you should expect to receive a cancellation letter within 24 hours. If you do not then please contact us to ensure your letter has been received.
To cover the cost of processing your cancellation and to compensate us for the risk that we may not be able to resell your travel arrangements, we make a cancellation charge on the scale shown below. The person who made the booking is responsible for paying this charge. The size of the charge depends on when we receive your cancellation notice or letter or how you would like us to deal with your payment providing that we have received your full payment for the tours.
No Cancellation Fees if written cancellation notice is received more than 30 days prior to tour departure!
Cancellation in advance & Cancellation penalty
More than 30 days, no Cancellation Fee
30-10 days, 50% of the full payment
9-0 days or no show, 100% of the full payment
- Tours of Nearby Areas
- Tours with Similar Price
You May Also Like
- Top Sales China Tours
- Package Tours with Beijing