11 Days Hot Cities of East China & Water Town of Zhouzhuang (Beijing Start off)
Duration: 11 Days
- Walking in hot cities Nanjing, Suzhou, Hangzhou and Shanghai in eastern China and then feeling the culture in Zhouzhuang Town - a romantice little town, you will finally understand the Chinese saying: 'just as there is a paradise in heaven,there are Suzhou and Hangzhou on earth.'
- +86 29
- Ask a Question
- Choose Departure Date
- Price Calendar
- Choose Number of Travelers & Rooms
- Number of Rooms:
- Adult (with Bed)
- Child (with Bed)
- Child (without Bed)
- Choose Hotels
- Upgrade the Hotel-0:
- Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, All 3 Nights in Beijing
- Day 4, Day 5, All 2 Nights in Nanjing
- Day 6, All 1 Night in Suzhou
- Day 7, Day 8, All 2 Nights in Hangzhou
- Day 9, Day 10, All 2 Nights in Shanghai
Visit Tiger Hill, Humble Administrators Garden.
You can enjoy the rest of the day at your own arrangement.
After breakfast, visit Tiananmen Square, the largest city center square in the world. There are countless important political and historical events happened here. On October 1st, 1949, Chairman Mao stood on the city tower of Tiananmen to announce the foundation of new China.
Then visit the Forbidden City, also famous as Imperial Palace Museum. Built in 1420, it is the imperial palace for Ming and Qing (1368-1911) emperors, and it has been the political center of China for 5 centuries. It is the largest and the most complete wooden-structured architecture complex in the world, and as well as World Culture Heritage.
Move on to Temple of Heaven. Far larger than Forbidden City, it was the place for Ming and Qing emperors to hold imperial rituals and sacrifice the God. This ancient architecture complex was built strictly according to set of etiquette in feudal society.
In the evening, enjoy the famous Roast Duck feast (dinner included).
Great Wall is praised as one of the seven wonders in the world. First of your morning tour is to Great Wall at Badaling Section, a reprehensive part of Ming Great Wall. It features its magnificent view, complete facilities and profound cultural deposits. You can hike to the end or take a cable car at your own expense.
Drive back to downtown to see the Summer Palace, the largest and best-preserved imperial garden in China. First built in 1750, its main scenery is consisted of Wanshou Mountain and Kunming Lake, and the water surface takes 3/4 of total area. It once the most important political and diplomatic activity center except for Forbidden City in late Qing Dynasty.
Early morning, start your Hutong tour by rickshaw (rickshaw cruise ticket). Pass across the crisscross lanes in Hutong to explore the real Beijing folk culture. Almost of architectures in Hutong are courtyard houses, and then have a visit to the local family, you have chance to try to make Chinese food on your own. Then have lunch there (lunch included).
Take a walk over the Silver Ingot Bridge (Yinding Bridge) to hear the introduction about the different thresholds that mark the entry to the courtyard houses. Silver Ingot Bridge, with 500 years' history, is the boundary of the front and back sea of Shicha Sea, and it is the best place to see West Hill.
Then go to the airport and fly to Nanjing (air ticket included). Nanjing has a history of 2,600 years, one of the famous four ancient cities in China, and is the important cradle land of Chinese civilization.
After arriving, check in the hotel, and the remaining time is at your arrangement.
Morning visit Dr. Sun Yat-sen's Tomb. Sun Yat-sen (1866 - 1925) is recognized as Father of the Republic of China and the forerunner of Chinese democratic revolution. Used traditional architecture style of China, Sun Yat-sen's Mausoleum is titled as "First Mausoleum in China's Modern History".
Next, stop at Ming Xiaoling Tomb, one of the biggest imperial tombs in China. Built in 1381, it is a joint-burial tomb for Zhu Yuanzhang (first emperor of Ming Dynasty) and his queen. As the first tomb of Ming Dynasty (1368-1644), it stands for the highest achievement of architecture and stone carving art in early Ming Dynasty, and also has a direct influence to imperial tombs' formation after him.
Last, go to the Confucius Temple. Accompanied by Qinhuai River, Confucius Temple was one of the famous four temples in China to sacrifice Confucius (the founder of Confucianism). It is Confucius Temple-centered, which is a nice place for sightseeing, or walking around to find local flavor.
Take a soft seat train (train ticket included) to Suzhou (short than 2 hours).
Then drive to the Tiger Hill, a famous tourist area in Suzhou. With a history of 2,500 years, it has beautiful landscapes and is rich of cultural landscapes. The most famous two attractions are Cloud Rock Pagoda and Sword Pool. Cloud Rock Pagoda is viewed as the second famous leaning tower in the world, the symbol of ancient Suzhou, while Sword Pool is famous for a mysterious tomb and beautiful legend.
Then visit the Humble Administrator's Garden - the largest classic garden in Suzhou. Built in 1509, it is the one of the famous four gardens in China and is the representative of gardens in southern China, which boasts of "Mother of Chinese Garden".
Drive to Zhouzhuang (45 km from Suzhou), "No.1 Water Town of China". Built in 1086, here you can see typical scenery of water land in southern China, and also visit the former residence of Shen Wansan (the richest man in early Ming Dynasty). Take a boat on the river (boat ticket excluded), you can see the folk houses on the both sides, pass through Fu'an Bridge-the symbol of Zhouzhuang, and feel the ancient water town.
Later, drive to Hangzhou.
Spend a whole day to enjoy the view of West Lake, the most famous scenic area of Hangzhou. Reputed as Paradise under Heaven, it is world-famous for thousand historical deposit and peculiar landscape of southern China, and meanwhile it is the only World Culture Heritage won by lake view in China. Boating on its waters (cruise ticket included), you will be attracted by wonderful sceneries of West Lake.
Move to Red Carp Pond, one of the top ten attractions in West Lake. It features flower, garden and pond. The Red Carp Pond is the main spot of the park, and the red carps will gather around while feeding, the wide water surface is covered by red, which is so splendid.
Head for Lingyin Temple, one of the ten known Zen Buddhist temples in China. Built in 326, it is the earliest temple in Hangzhou with nice natural sceneries. In front of the temple, you can see the Feilai Peak. It is 168 meters high and is made of limestone, which is totally different from mountains around. Feilaifeng Peak features grotesque rocks, shaping like a flying dragon, running elephant, lying tiger and so on, and it seems like a rock zoo. In addition, there are 345 cliff sculptures on the cliff caves since the 9the century, which are very precious.
There is a free morning for you, so you can enjoy yourself at your own schedule. You can walk around the West Lake to go on appreciating the beautiful scenery, or go to Hefang Street (an archaized business street in Ming and Qing architecture style) to buy souvenirs and find tasty local food, anyway, do what you like.
Drive to Shanghai in the afternoon. On arrival, drive to Oriental Pearl TV Tower (ticket to the tower excluded) for its marvelous exterior appearance, one of the landmarks of Shanghai, and the sixth highest skyscrapers in the World. Standing on the tower, the bustling Shanghai is all in your eyes, including beautiful night view of the Bund and the Huangpu River (the mother river of Shanghai).
And then, take a Huangpu River Cruise (ticket included) to enjoy the beautiful night view of Shanghai. The both banks of the Huangpu River concentrate the marrow of Shanghai urban landscape, and you will have a wonderful night.
After breakfast, drive to the Shanghai Museum. The main building follows the traditional Chinese architecture style. As one of the great four museums in China, it has 120,000 collections, of which, bronze wares, porcelain wares, paintings and calligraphies features most.
Explore the Town God Temple, an important Taoist Temple with a history of 600 years. The street is also known as Old Town God Temple famous for Shanghai snacks. Then visit Yuyuan Garden, a private garden in Ming Dynasty. It is a typical classic garden in southern China. Beside, the street around Yuyuan Garden is one of the famous four cultural markets in China.
Have a look around the most famous walking street, Nanjing Road in Shanghai. It boasts of the No.1 Business Street in China”. It is a place rich of traditional Chinese culture and high commercial value, where is not only the Paradise for Shoppers, but you can see the beautiful view of the Bund.
Stroll along Xintiandi Area, the new landmark in Shanghai. It is rebuilt on the Shikumen architecture (Shanghai folk house), and now it develops as a fashionable area with repast, shopping, entertainment and culture as a whole. Xintiandi Area is the best place to experience historical culture and modern living pattern of Shanghai.
Transfer you to Shanghai airport or railway station to prepare for your departure.
End of service.
• The quoted price contains Standard Tour Class lodging, and we offer hotel upgrade service. You can choose to upgrade hotel when booking, the price will change accordingly.
• Not all hotels can provide Standard Triple Room if you want three travelers in one room, they may arrange extra bed service. The additional fee for an extra bed is Single Supplement, and it is included in the final price.
• Your earlier arrival to Beijing and later departure from Shanghai can be adjusted on line; but the extra charge is not included in the original charge.
• The single supplement is not included in the quoted price except single traveler's price.
• We choose only centrally located hotels with western standard service and breakfast. However, we can also arrange good location and clean local hotels with lower prices. Please inquiry for details.
• The breakfast is subject to hotels' arrangements, they may offer western food or Western & Chinese Buffet in the morning.
• Child's breakfast is included only when he/she occupy a bed. Otherwise the hotel may charge an extra fee for the breakfast.
Lunch and Dinner (Optional)
• The original price excludes lunch and dinner unless particular illustration. Usually, dinner and lunch are optional Chinese food with local flavor, and the meal price is charged based on the group size.
• If you have some preferences on meals such as vegetarian meal and diabetic meal, please make us know in Special Requirements.
• Please also fill the Special Requirements if you want other choices such as Hindu meal, Halal food or Western food, etc. You are suggested to uncheck lunch and diner when booking. We will try to arrange it and your meal price is charged by the local restaurant.
• Our guide will lead you to your favorite restaurants when you don't select meals, the meal fee is at your own. Besides, your group should pay an extra 100RMB per day in cash to the driver and guide.
• We offer free airport/railway station transfer service as specified in the itinerary. As for earlier arrival or later departure, you will be charged a bit of service fee and guide service is not provided. Please provide train/flight number, arrival time and contact information in Special Requirements.
• Usually, local guide will drop you off at security checkpoint of airport or railway station without guide serve on the flight or train. And the transfer guide may be not the same of that on the tour.
• This itinerary contains 4-5 shopping stops on the way, selling featured local specialties or souvenirs. Usually, you will spend 30-40 minutes in each store, and shopping or not is of your free will.
• We promise to offer flights operated by major airlines such as Air China, China Southern Airlines, China Eastern Airlines and Hainan Airline, etc. or local big airlines such as Shenzhen Airlines, Xiamen Airlines, Sichuan Airlines, Shanghai Airlines and Shandong Airlines and so forth. And the aircraft type is Airbus A3XX Series or Boeing 7-Series. Any change due to objective cause, we will ask your permission in advance.
• Airport or hotel pick-up and drop-off service in cities listed in the itinerary.
• Private English-speaking tour guide, driver and car service as indicated in the itinerary.
• The admission tickets for scenic spots listed in the itinerary.
• Service charge and government taxes.
• The air ticket of economic class, taxes and dues for the flight from Beijing to Nanjing.
• The train ticket from Nanjing to Suzhou.
• Ten-night hotel accommodation in twin shared room with daily breakfast.
• Meal: Roast Duck.
• International flight tickets or train tickets.
• Hotel single room supplement.
• Personal expenses such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone call, optional activities, etc.
• Tips to local tour guide and driver.
• Estimated group surcharges for excess baggage.
• Fees for entry visa to China.
• Cable car, sightseeing bus and cruise unless explained specially.
• Meals (L & D) not listed in the itinerary.
Cancellation and refund policy for Tours reservation
If you want to cancel your booking or part of it, you must advise us in advance. The letter must be signed by the lead name on the booking and once we receive it you should expect to receive a cancellation letter within 24 hours. If you do not then please contact us to ensure your letter has been received.
To cover the cost of processing your cancellation and to compensate us for the risk that we may not be able to resell your travel arrangements, we make a cancellation charge on the scale shown below. The person who made the booking is responsible for paying this charge. The size of the charge depends on when we receive your cancellation notice or letter or how you would like us to deal with your payment providing that we have received your full payment for the tours.
No Cancellation Fees if written cancellation notice is received more than 30 days prior to tour departure!
Cancellation in advance & Cancellation penalty
More than 30 days, no Cancellation Fee
30-10 days, 50% of the full payment
9-0 days or no show, 100% of the full payment
- Tours of Nearby Areas
- Tours with Similar Price
- You May Also Like
- Top Sales China Tours
- Package Tours with Beijing